collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Team Sun or Team Moon?

Moon!
50 (54.9%)
Sun!
41 (45.1%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: Pokemon Gen 7 Sun/Moon talk--starters and what team are you on?  (Read 65744 times)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Gen 7 talk--starters and what team are you on?
« Reply #195 on: September 01, 2016, 11:25:47 AM »
I was honestly hoping there would be a spcial form snorlax haha.

Surprised there isn't. If they're going to pander to Generation I so heavily, they might as well go the whole way.

There is now. The newest video has Snorlax using a special move, it's actually quite funny.

But yeah, the Gen 1 pandering is real. It makes me sad. Like I've said before, I guess I get it because it's the 20th anniversary of Pokemon this year, but they should honestly focus on all gens and not just one if they want to celebrate the entire franchise (kinda like how each month a new legendary is featured and they've done them from different gens). If we just get Alola forms of Gen 1 Pokemon and no new mega forms or Alola forms for Pokemon in other gens, that'll be disappointing to people who aren't huge Gen 1 fans.
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 01, 2016, 11:40:31 AM »
I was honestly hoping there would be a spcial form snorlax haha.

Surprised there isn't. If they're going to pander to Generation I so heavily, they might as well go the whole way.

There is now. The newest video has Snorlax using a special move, it's actually quite funny.

But yeah, the Gen 1 pandering is real. It makes me sad. Like I've said before, I guess I get it because it's the 20th anniversary of Pokemon this year, but they should honestly focus on all gens and not just one if they want to celebrate the entire franchise (kinda like how each month a new legendary is featured and they've done them from different gens). If we just get Alola forms of Gen 1 Pokemon and no new mega forms or Alola forms for Pokemon in other gens, that'll be disappointing to people who aren't huge Gen 1 fans.

Who got the idea that celebrating the 20th anniversary should only celebrate Generation I? I take it that they're trying to pull back in the people who dropped Pokemon after Generation I, but I feel pretty confident in asserting that's not going to happen. They may have picked some back up with Pokemon GO, but that will only take them so far. Once Generation II Pokemon are added in GO those people will drop back out. It's sad, it shouldn't be that way. But they aren't open-minded to Pokemon beyond Generation I.

Generation I has already been honored numerous times, with many Mega Evolutions being for the original 151, with the games having already been remade once, with constant representation outside of the mainline games (Generation I Pokemon dominating Super Smash Bros.'s Pokemon roster, the Pokemon Origins anime, etc., etc.).

I just feel like its beyond overkill at this point. Just seeing that not only did they reveal yet another Generation I Alola variation, but then gave a generation I Pokemon a specific Z move I think it tipped me over the edge.

|My Collection|

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 02, 2016, 12:16:50 AM »
Hey, that Snorlax move is HYSTERICAL. I absolutely LOVE it! Snorlax opens its eyes and reveals pure evil!!!! I burst out laughing!
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 04, 2016, 12:01:50 PM »
Hey, that Snorlax move is HYSTERICAL. I absolutely LOVE it! Snorlax opens its eyes and reveals pure evil!!!! I burst out laughing!
This 100%

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 06, 2016, 10:23:53 AM »
I just feel like its beyond overkill at this point. Just seeing that not only did they reveal yet another Generation I Alola variation, but then gave a generation I Pokemon a specific Z move I think it tipped me over the edge.

I'm with you, and I'm glad I'm not the only one. My husband has been complaining about this too. There are over 700 other Pokemon to show some love to, come on...

Also, the video from today? Strangest reveal video yet? I think so.
Spoiler
I'm loving Jangmo-o. Such a sassy looking dragon baby. :lovey: Also, there's a ton going on in these new games... I'm really excited. Just really wish Alola forms went further than Gen 1.

Alola form Raticate looks like it just had its wisdom teeth removed, lol

Oh, and Type: Null? Interesting. These Pokemon are looking more and more like Digimon as time goes by, I swear.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 03:46:12 PM by Rainbowrific Renia »
Instagram / Want List

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 06, 2016, 10:34:48 AM »
That Raticate! :blink:
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 07, 2016, 03:00:47 AM »
Spoiler
So, 12 hour time difference... Does that mean Moon has eternal night, or that the cycles are reversed and you would get daylight in-game when its night in the real world? Either way, I was always Team Sun, and now I'm doubly assured in my choice.

I'm loving that little dragon too! It looks like Alola will be a pretty good place for monotype runs, there's been a bunch of dragons, dark, fairy and grass revealed already. I can see a lot more water types too, seeing as its the tropics.

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #202 on: September 09, 2016, 02:17:46 AM »
The little dragon/Dino critter is so adorable! I love the design of the lady with the long blonde braided hair!

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 20, 2016, 09:18:08 AM »
Another "meh" video, imo.

Spoiler
Don't care for the two new Pokemon, don't care about Rockruff's evolutions, don't care about Pikachu, the Eevee Z move was cool (reminds me of Mega Man's Final Smash in Smash Bros.) and being able to customize your trainer is great, glad to see that's returning. The Amie upgrade is neat, too. Well, I'm calling it an upgrade since it seems very similar to Amie but with a different name and more things to do.

I hate to sound like I'm crapping all over the new games- I really am excited for them, outside of all the Gen 1 pandering. Also, so far, there are more newer Pokemon that I like than dislike.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 09:19:41 AM by Rainbowrific Renia »
Instagram / Want List

Offline aluke

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 20, 2016, 10:41:11 AM »
I haven't followed any recent spoilers (avoiding reading through the thread too) but with the whole Aloha forms being Gen 1 only, I thought of one that really deserves it. Unless it was already announced and I don't know of course, I want to see Paras and Parasect! Based on their origins, they would make a great bug/ghost type. They could have a blue and grey colour scheme, maybe with with glowing mushrooms? If I remember right, Shedinja is the only bug/ghost, and it's sort of super gimmicky, so I would love to see more with that type.

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 20, 2016, 10:47:18 AM »
On the topic of gen 1 pandering, I do wonder if gen 8 (by the way, that's a lot of gens! I wonder if they'll ever stop coming...) will pander to gen 2. I wouldn't mind :lol:

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 20, 2016, 11:08:22 AM »
Seeing Gen 2 get some love would be cool.

I can think of several reasons as to why they'd be pandering so heavily towards Gen 1, but I know I'm not the only one who doesn't get super excited over Gen 1 stuff (despite the fact that Red version was my first Pokemon game). I just feel like they could include Pokemon from other gens with these gimmicks and that would make it more exciting for people like me, who aren't crazy about the original generation of Pokemon. Like they did with mega evolutions. It's just so weird to me that only Gen 1 is getting all of this new stuff, with Pokemon specific Z moves and Alola forms.

That said, I'm all for a Paras/Parasect Alola form.

And I guess there's still more time for them to reveal other things for Pokemon in other gens, but I'm not holding my breath for that to happen.
Instagram / Want List

Offline aluke

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 20, 2016, 12:42:36 PM »
I'm right there with you on the gen 1 pandering. I was also a fan since R/B, and while there is always going to be a nostalgia with the original Pokemon for me, they aren't the reason I still like/play the games.

Yeah, a gen 2 throwback would be nice. I don't really see it happening, but it would be welcome, along with some attention to the other later gens too. There are so many awesome Pokemon that are completely forgotten about and neglected.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 20, 2016, 06:20:10 PM »
Yeah... Even the special Z-Forms are specific to GI Pokemon? It was pessimistic of me to claim that was the case altogether from the Snorlax trailer, but now it's right in our face.

We know it's the case, because otherwise, they advertise a number of certain non-G1 Pokemon alongside Pikachu and Eevee, but here it's just Pikachu and Eevee.  :huh:

|My Collection|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 20, 2016, 07:48:53 PM »
I prefer the Midday Form over the Midnight Form. Passimian and Oranguru are interesting and I dont even like monkeys.

Post Merge: September 20, 2016, 07:49:29 PM

Yeah... Even the special Z-Forms are specific to GI Pokemon? It was pessimistic of me to claim that was the case altogether from the Snorlax trailer, but now it's right in our face.

We know it's the case, because otherwise, they advertise a number of certain non-G1 Pokemon alongside Pikachu and Eevee, but here it's just Pikachu and Eevee.  :huh:

Guess this means no new Eeveelution.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal