collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Team Sun or Team Moon?

Moon!
50 (54.9%)
Sun!
41 (45.1%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: Pokemon Gen 7 Sun/Moon talk--starters and what team are you on?  (Read 65759 times)

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Gen 7 talk--starters and what team are you on?
« Reply #165 on: August 02, 2016, 08:29:03 AM »
I like the new types of Vulpix and Sandshrew lines. :)

I haven't decided on a starter yet, I want to see the official last forms first. Normally I pick fire type, but so far I have been inclining towards Rowlet even though I am rather sure my game will be a touch harder with it as my first Pokemon. :lol: As a bat-fan I would be mad not to pick Moon!

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 02, 2016, 10:24:15 AM »
The dancing for Z-moves is an allusion to hula dancing, which is a major cultural device in Hawaii. They use it to tell stories, celebrate, convey messages, express feelings, and teach lessons. I've had the pleasure of seeing it live more than once, it's really beautiful. And yes, they do a lot of movements like you see in the Z-move build up. If you notice, each type has a different dance leading up to it; for electric, the trainer finished with their arms in the shape of a lightning bolt. Grass, they make a blooming or growing motion. Water, they move like waves. Fire, they make bursting and fast motions. I think it's really well done and clever. I hope to see more connections to Hawaii's rich culture.

Spoiler
Also... where did you find these supposed starter evo leaks?? I haven't seen anything I'd even consider credible yet....

I can respect that, I appreciate when they actual make an effort to showcase culture without being a stereotype. I did notice the different dances per attack, which is nice. My only thing is, the trainers aren't the ones using the attack, it's the Pokemon. It just seems really cheesy that the trainer dancing unlocks the Pokemon's super special attack. It's just out of place to me that a trainer has that sort of influence over a Pokemon.

Unconfirmed, potential spoiler leaks under here. DO NOT LOOK unless you don't mind possible future reveals.
Spoiler
Last warning.  :)
Spoiler

These images were apparently leaked months ago (I can't personally confirm this, I was avoiding spoilers), apparently, that same leaked mentioned the new forms as well as one source of credibility.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The red circle is why people believe these are real. Again, this was leaked before the trailer we got yesterday, which was the first time we met the trial leaders (or so everyone says, again, I've been avoiding spoilers and haven't checked everything). So it seems pretty likely these are official, or someone did a great job finding leaks of her well before hand.

Images borrowed from here, also discusses what I said.
http://metro.co.uk/2016/08/01/final-forms-of-pokemon-sunmoon-starter-pokemon-leaked-6042274/
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 10:27:17 AM by aluke »

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 09, 2016, 11:07:54 AM »
New info (from yesterday?) commentary:

Spoiler
OMG Ghost/Fire Marowak! That is just so cool. I love Cubonr so much, I hope it gets retyped, too (maybe Fire?)

Would really like to start seeing Alolan variations for Pokemon beyond Gen 1, though. I'm hoping that they'll be there, but I'm not holding my breath anymore. :/

|My Collection|

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 09, 2016, 11:19:49 AM »
New info (from yesterday?) commentary:

Spoiler
OMG Ghost/Fire Marowak! That is just so cool. I love Cubonr so much, I hope it gets retyped, too (maybe Fire?)

Would really like to start seeing Alolan variations for Pokemon beyond Gen 1, though. I'm hoping that they'll be there, but I'm not holding my breath anymore. :/

Spoiler
I agree. I'm not the biggest gen 1 fan to begin with, so to see it getting all the Alolan form attention is pretty disappointing. I'm also not holding my breath to see any Alola forms for Pokemon beyond gen 1, though.

Just like how I'm not holding my breath to see any new mega evolutions. Knowing them, they're done with that gimmick and have moved on to the next thing- Alola forms. :pout:

That Marowak is awesome, though! I've always liked Cubone/Marowak.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 09, 2016, 11:57:22 AM »

The red circle is why people believe these are real. Again, this was leaked before the trailer we got yesterday, which was the first time we met the trial leaders (or so everyone says, again, I've been avoiding spoilers and haven't checked everything). So it seems pretty likely these are official, or someone did a great job finding leaks of her well before hand.

Wait, so Litten IS going to be Fire/Fighting?  FFS Nintendo. 

Offline Aitsuki

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 09, 2016, 11:52:56 PM »

No no, it seems to be Fire/Dark. That's what's been going around. Game Freak aren't idiots, they wouldn't pull a Fire/Fighting starter out again.... they'd be drowned in player rage. But it IS going to be quite the bruiser, from the looks of it...
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 10, 2016, 07:13:45 AM »

No no, it seems to be Fire/Dark. That's what's been going around. Game Freak aren't idiots, they wouldn't pull a Fire/Fighting starter out again.... they'd be drowned in player rage. But it IS going to be quite the bruiser, from the looks of it...

IT HAD BETTER BE.  I loved the Fire/Psychic pairing of Delphox. 

Offline Aitsuki

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 10, 2016, 02:36:19 PM »
Yeah, worry not, the more reliable leaks are saying the types are Grass/Flying, Fire/Dark, and Water/Fairy. Beltigre is just an enormous beast of a pokemon, that's all...

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 10, 2016, 06:04:14 PM »
Spoiler
Regardless of Litten's final evolutions typings I just can't stand that design. I was hoping for something less cheesy 80s humanoid animal action show.

Oftentimes they go too far with these starters. :/

Anyway, today's leaks

Spoiler
Another generation 1 Alola variation. As much as I dislike how it's only been generation 1, I am really digging a lot of the choices and their typings. Ice/Fairy Ninetales and Ghost/Fire Marowak are amazing and pretty much guaranteed to get played by me. Psychic/Electric Raichu is also pretty neat, and might be in my team was well.

|My Collection|

Offline Aitsuki

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 10, 2016, 11:12:26 PM »
SQUEEE!!

Spoiler
Alolan Raichu is TOO CUTE. It looks like a big, cuddly plush!!!! I just wanna tickle its tummy and cuddle it!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 11, 2016, 07:28:07 AM »
Not sure if this counts as a spoiler, so I'll put it here just in case.

Spoiler
So if you go to the pokemon sun/moon alola region page and look at the picture with all the people and different pokemon, you might spy what looks like a tauros being ridden...

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 11, 2016, 08:00:17 AM »
Spoiler
I'm honestly surprised that they gave Raichu an Alola form and not Pikachu. It's no secret that I can't stand Pikachu and I definitely prefer its evolution, but they always give so much attention to Pikachu that it sickens me. Alola form Raichu is a breath of fresh air, even if I'm not entirely happy that only gen 1 seems to be getting these new forms. :pout:

Pyukumuku is sooooo cute!

I'm also going to run this complaint into the ground and I doubt too many people agree, but new mega evolutions would be nice. I'm just starting to think that we aren't getting them because they're done with that gimmick. Sorry Mega Flygon... you'll just continue to be a pipe dream for me.

Also, Mega Glalie but no Mega Froslass? *flips table* Yeah... I've given up on new mega evolutions. Or a dolphin Pokemon. I'm making myself sad... :cry:

But, but, buuutttt... I am happy with most of the new Alola forms. I can't really complain about that. Just wish they'd give us different gens other than 1.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 08:03:54 AM by Rainbowrific Renia »
Instagram / Want List

Offline Aitsuki

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 11, 2016, 01:22:31 PM »
I think that only Gen 1 is getting Alolan forms so far because it's the 20th anniversary....They released RBY on the eShop after all. They're celebrating and refreshing the original games that started a whole culture.... It makes me happy.

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 11, 2016, 01:54:37 PM »
I think that only Gen 1 is getting Alolan forms so far because it's the 20th anniversary....They released RBY on the eShop after all. They're celebrating and refreshing the original games that started a whole culture.... It makes me happy.

Okay, but... Weren't all of the Mega Evolutions in X/Y also Gen I? And then Pokemon GO releases with only Generation I Pokemon, too. There's only so far they can go with this before irritating people. I was irritated with Pokemon GO.

I don't care that it's the twentieth anniversary... Actually, the fact that it's the twentieth anniversary means that there has been tons of content since the original release. Shouldn't we be honoring it all and not just generation I?

I say that, but I love these Alolan variations too much. I just wish in addition to these there were later generation ones.

|My Collection|

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 11, 2016, 02:04:47 PM »
Okay, but... Weren't all of the Mega Evolutions in X/Y also Gen I?

Nope. I think the mega evolutions overall are mostly Gen 1 (go figure) but other gens had Pokemon represented in mega form for X and Y.

I do agree with everything else you've said though. Gen 1 has gotten more than enough attention, and while there's nothing wrong with it, there are 6 other generations of Pokemon to choose from. Gen 1 may have been the beginning, but there's no reason to essentially ignore the rest. These Alola forms are really neat and I like most of them, but I want some diversity!
Instagram / Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal