collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Team Sun or Team Moon?

Moon!
50 (54.9%)
Sun!
41 (45.1%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: Pokemon Gen 7 Sun/Moon talk--starters and what team are you on?  (Read 65744 times)

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Gen 7 talk--starters and what team are you on?
« Reply #150 on: August 01, 2016, 06:59:56 AM »
Oh my gosh. There are Alola specific typings for existing Pokemon, including an Ice Vulpix and Ice/Fairy Ninetails! Look at this GORGEOUS Pokemon. I think I have a new favorite Ice type! And it's got a Fairy typing, too. Most definitely will end up on my team!  :frolic:

Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #151 on: August 01, 2016, 07:18:56 AM »
OMG JUST SAW THE TRAILER!
Spoiler
ICE VULPIX OOOOH MY GOSH! I AM FREAKING OUT REPEAT FREAKING OUT! NEW FAVORITE ICE TYPE HHHHAAAANNNDDSSS DOWN! I love this because Im a yokai fan and lover of anything nine tailed foxes, reminds me of Frosttail yokai- kyuubi's counterpart!

ORCHID MANTIS POKEMON YEEESSSSSS

omg mega exeggitor is STUUUUPPPIIIIDDDDD! *booooooo*
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 07:21:29 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 01, 2016, 08:21:46 AM »
Oh, that Pokémon will definitely be on my team. How exciting! Vulpix has always been one of the cutest Pokémon in my opinion, and Ninetails is just gorgeous.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 01, 2016, 11:30:32 AM »
Do you suppose if you trade in a vulpix or ninetails from another game they'll stay their original form or will they adapt to be the alola form?  I'd like to have both fire and ice types on my team.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 01, 2016, 01:22:25 PM »
I love vulpix and minerals, but how lazy can you get? They couldn't make new ice Pokemon? They had to shoehorn in pre existing ones? That ticks me off as much forcing fairy typings onto old Pokemon.

Mudbray is Adorable! I neeeed one! I love the flower mantis and dancing birds.

Did they replace gyms and gym leaders?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 01, 2016, 01:34:43 PM »
Do you suppose if you trade in a vulpix or ninetails from another game they'll stay their original form or will they adapt to be the alola form?  I'd like to have both fire and ice types on my team.

I'm sure Vulpix/Ninetales from the previous games will remain the same when traded in. If this had been way back in the Gameboy era, I'd have been very worried, but I'm like 99.99999% sure they'll have that worked out for here. It would be so blatantly archaic and messed up if they actually turned a Vulpix from Kalos or OR/AS Hoenn Ice.

I love vulpix and minerals, but how lazy can you get? They couldn't make new ice Pokemon? They had to shoehorn in pre existing ones? That ticks me off as much forcing fairy typings onto old Pokemon.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Personally, I think it's really neat from a world-building standpoint. I love when they create (or change, in this case) Pokemon from a world-building perspective.

You may think it's lazy, but IMO, if the new Pokemon they're going to create are like (IMO, again lol) the flower mantis (which already looks way too much like so many other Pokemon they have created, it's such a bland design), then I'd much rather them alter old ones as they have here. I did not know I needed an Ice/Fairy type Ninetales in my life, but I most certainly do. I'm in love with it, in fact. It's so beautiful, it's so majestic. It is my favorite Ice Pokemon by a landslide, and that's important because in reality Ice is my favorite element, but I've only ever cared for a small number of Ice Pokemon because they make most of them ugly. =/ Alola Ninetales is perfect.

|My Collection|

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 01, 2016, 01:44:31 PM »
OMG, that was AMAZING!!!!!! I am SO excited for these games to come out, I'm freaking out!
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 01, 2016, 01:47:34 PM »
I don't think it's lazy, I know it's lazy. More power to you if you like it, but it's plain lazy pure and simple. More like a palette swap Pokemon with a different move pool.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 01, 2016, 03:38:12 PM »
I don't think it's lazy, I know it's lazy. More power to you if you like it, but it's plain lazy pure and simple. More like a palette swap Pokemon with a different move pool.

Well, to each their own. No matter what they do someone will dislike it.

As I stated, I think that Lurantis has an incredibly generic design that I definitely feel like I've seen before.

I love Alola region specific Pokemon designs because it allows for a little bit of world building. The designs themselves may not always turn out incredibly creative, but the concept of Pokemon having developed differently in different regions (or in the case of these, having been introduced some time ago and drastically adapting to the new region over time) is actually very neat... And if it's going to give us Pokemon like Alolan Ninetales which I actually like quite a bit better than the original, I can not complain.

|My Collection|

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 01, 2016, 05:23:53 PM »
I'd rather have an Aloha version of Vulpix and Sandshrew line than another "this region's pikachu clone/variant is__________".  At least they are giving those two lines some love, especially on the Sandshrew family's case.
I dunno, I kinda like how Aloha Sandshrew looks like an igloo.

And I am biased that I already am a fan a fan of the orchic mantis Pokemon, because that is one of my favorite IRL bugs. Totally gonna get it and name is after one of my old school fan characters (PLEASE dont make it a version exclusive!!).
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 01, 2016, 05:35:04 PM »
This is really exciting...Icetales is gorgeous, and Iceshrew is precious! My favorite Pokemon are the Sandshrew line, Vulpix line, and Pikachu line (minus Pikachu). So more than half of my favorite Pokemon just got new forms! I'm very excited, and curious to see how it'll function in the game. I already have a Sandslash and Ninetales in my ORAS party, and have all-31 IV parents of each for breeding purposes, so I am completely ready for this! And I'm excited for the merchandise we'll get from this.

Plus, my Ice/Fairy Ninetales with totally get a Game of Thrones themed name. Winter has come!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 05:36:52 PM by Jocelyn »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 01, 2016, 06:04:42 PM »
Oooh~ I like the idea of the Aloha versions. I hope there are more... :) 

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline aluke

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 01, 2016, 09:42:08 PM »
Ugh, the new forms/types things got spoiled for me, so I just went ahead and peeked at this update. >_<

I think the new types are interesting, much better than mega evolution in my opinion. So many questions though, are the original forms in game? Can the new forms be transferred out next gen? Exeggutor made me laugh really hard, the egg-spression on it's primary face! I wonder what else will get a new form. All this focus on new forms makes me think there will be a shortage of new Pokemon again this gen.

I already have five Pokemon picked out for my team, Rowlet and one of each of the dancing birds, I LOVE them. I guess I'll be playing a mono-flying/bird lock at this rate, if there is another one (I have not seen all the Pokemon revealed yet, so I have no idea if there already is). If an older gen bird gets a new form I would absolve my new gen Pokemon only for it, it's technically new.

I want to love the Mantis, it's adorable and bug IS my second favourite type...but why is it grass?! Not that I have anything against grass types but do we really need another pure grass type? Especially when that Pokemon is clearly based on a bug (and totally could have had a secondary fairy typing too).

The Z-moves seem really stupid to me...why are the trainers dance-posing? :blink: Also, that perform four trials thing...I wonder if that's a side quest to the gyms, or are gyms replaced?

Also, spoiler-ing for people who only want to see official reveals.
Spoiler
So, the starter evos might have been leaked? Anyone else see that? Litten is everything I DIDN'T want, but I guess I'm not surprised. That's really all I have to say, I hate it.

Popplio is cute but just seems inappropriate for it's evolution. You know, going from an acrobat to a singer, both are performers I guess, but just going from something so playful and nimble to something so dainty just doesn't really agree with me. I would still be happy to use one in a second playthrough though. As a Pokemon, I do like it.

Rowlet, I like at first glance, but it's looking more and more like Greninja 2.0 to me. It still LOOKS like a bird, and I like the hood but...it just seems too human at the same time. The archery motif is neat though. I'm still keeping Rowlet as my starter, and I can see myself evolving it, but I much prefer the tiny owl design.

I don't know, I won't be too terribly upset if they are fake, but I'd be okay if they were real too...sans Litten's evolution, yuck.

Edit: If Butterfree gets a new form, I hope they throw in an anime homage. I always loved this design and would be happy to see it back.

Image borrowed from Bulbapedia.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 09:59:38 PM by aluke »

Offline Aitsuki

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 01, 2016, 11:46:36 PM »
The dancing for Z-moves is an allusion to hula dancing, which is a major cultural device in Hawaii. They use it to tell stories, celebrate, convey messages, express feelings, and teach lessons. I've had the pleasure of seeing it live more than once, it's really beautiful. And yes, they do a lot of movements like you see in the Z-move build up. If you notice, each type has a different dance leading up to it; for electric, the trainer finished with their arms in the shape of a lightning bolt. Grass, they make a blooming or growing motion. Water, they move like waves. Fire, they make bursting and fast motions. I think it's really well done and clever. I hope to see more connections to Hawaii's rich culture.

Spoiler
Also... where did you find these supposed starter evo leaks?? I haven't seen anything I'd even consider credible yet....
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 11:54:55 PM by Aitsuki »
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 02, 2016, 08:14:39 AM »
So, after the reveal of Alola versions, anyone else think they're going to do away with mega evolutions? Wouldn't be the first time they introduced a new way to use Pokemon in one generation, only to do away with it in the next.

Not that I'm complaining. I'm honestly not sure how I'd feel if they didn't introduce more mega evolutions- because I like them, I just wish there were more.

I dunno.

I gotta say though, the newest video has me a bit more hype for the game. I love what they did with Vulpix/Ninetails and Sandshrew/Sandslash. My ice-type loving heart is happy.
Instagram / Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal