collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 65850 times)

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #1500 on: February 26, 2024, 03:40:35 PM »
Prepping for a phone interview tomorrow!! Nervous, but also quite excited. Gimme new job. Gimme BIG raise. Now please :P

Post Merge: February 26, 2024, 03:40:36 PM

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1501 on: February 26, 2024, 04:24:05 PM »
good luck Eskara1862!! :)
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: February 26, 2024, 05:11:39 PM »
*crosses hooves*
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #1503 on: February 26, 2024, 06:12:12 PM »
Oh, now I'm giggling about the interview. It's for a Quality Inspector for a print company. I would be checking work before it's sent to the customer to make sure everything is 100% accurate. I'm going through the website so I can have some talking points to show that I know a bit about what they do and can look good. I just found repeated verbiage and inconsistent spacing on part of their website. You KNOW I have to bring that up in tomorrow's conversation!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #1504 on: February 26, 2024, 11:17:23 PM »
Oh, now I'm giggling about the interview. It's for a Quality Inspector for a print company. I would be checking work before it's sent to the customer to make sure everything is 100% accurate. I'm going through the website so I can have some talking points to show that I know a bit about what they do and can look good. I just found repeated verbiage and inconsistent spacing on part of their website. You KNOW I have to bring that up in tomorrow's conversation!

I love when you can see the reason to say 'let me fix it for you'! Just remember that the person you'll be replacing may be on the interview panel, particularly if they are taking maternity leave etc. Best of luck.

I'm relieved to say that my Mum is out of hospital and is on the mend. She's feeling a bit flat after all the stress but still sounds positive. I hate it when people talk about 'fighting' illnesses but who really knows. I'm sure that social support can make a difference. This week is much easier going for us all in all. We are now back in kiddie term time so our classes are back on, including swimming today, which baby enjoys.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1505 on: February 27, 2024, 05:01:36 AM »
Good luck, Eskara!

Artie, ooh, I hate the whole 'fighting illnesses' thing too. I got so upset at cancer commercials when my sister was going through chemo. They make it seem like it's your fault if you die, because you didn't try hard enough or love your family enough. I HATE that thought process. Like, believe in a higher power if you want but at the end of the day either the treatment and medicine work, or they don't.

Today I am doing more cleaning, but I'm up early again and feel okay.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: February 27, 2024, 06:30:08 AM »
Eskara all the best in your interview!!!
BC UGH chores!!! Don't start me on chores!!! Well done for hacking through some of yours xxx
Artie all the best for your Mum, Squirmy, your husband too xxx

Coffee day Didn't see my usual coffee pals but since I was running late I was on another table, & got some company. A couple of carers take their people in & all four get the chance to eat, drink, & chat. And since they were at my table they said hello to my sharky.
The swap shop table had a TON of yarn!!! I don't need single colour DK so I didn't touch that, instead going for small balls of 4-ply & a multi-coloured set of balls I can use for something fun. I have some 4 ply, but there are colours I don't have so they were the ones I grabbed hold of.
Got quick messages, because I didn't need that much due to all my cooking (I still have a pizza base & sauce, some soups, one of my garlic & herb breads, & more shop-bought garlic baguettes. Due to this & other things I've been eating less of the pre-bought dinner stuff.
More knitting, & that's before  even touch my new yarn!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1507 on: February 27, 2024, 07:58:35 AM »
Eskara1862 best of luck!

Had a early shift today and got off at nine pm. Waited until noon for that phonecall that never came. Then I followed John to an office interior store to try out an office chair he had been eyeing that got plenty of positive reviews for helping with bad backs. It did not look much, but it had settings for everything and was very ergonomic. The woman helping us was amazing! She just looked at John and twisted all the handles and the seat was almost perfect for him at once :blink:. So he decided he wanted it and they had one assembled ready to ship! So she brought it out from the stockroom and did the same thing with the handles to fit him and off we went and they will deliver it tomorrow as we don't have a car. Best thing is it was like 2000sek cheaper than the online store he had planned on ordering it from so even with home delivery he got it cheaper and we helped a local business! Plus he don't need to wait for a weeks delivery ^.^.

I kept my phone on me waiting for that call and now we're passed office hours so I guess none will call today at all.. sigh..I hate this :(.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1508 on: February 28, 2024, 06:49:56 AM »
What chair? I'm looking to buy a new chair myself. I looked at one that was perfect but it's over 1000 dollars because of everything you can customize :crazy:

The last of the cleaning today; dusting and vacuuming. I loathe dusting. That was my very first chore. I've been doing it since I was like 3 years old (I was a whiz kid and could walk, talk and read by 2. Now I can't remember what I did two minutes ago :lol: ). Anyway, I avoid it for as long as I can. Usually when I can write something in the dust is when I decide to clean it :P Probably doesn't help my allergies any but eh.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: February 28, 2024, 07:46:34 AM »
mostly just work today. i also have to take my dog to the vet for a checkup. she gets anxious at the vet so we have to give her pills before her appointments. i had to give her the first round at 3 in the morning so now my sleep schedule is messed up. i'm feeling nauseated. she's also very suspicious about the funny tasting turkey i fed her.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1510 on: February 28, 2024, 11:15:01 PM »
BC the name is Malm 4000. But it was around 1400US$.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: February 29, 2024, 05:37:03 AM »
Beth I saw the thing about your mother, hope she learns what's up & gets sorted xxx Also hope things go well with dog xxx
BC yaiy!!! Proud of you xxx
Beldarna excellent news re chair!!! Horrid news re phonecall...

I thought the monthly Wednesday thing was 7:30pm but nope, it was 7!!! So I was late & therefore missed it, & two of the worst peeps were out at the phone box near my home so I had to circuit, & the pair decided to follow me!!! Screeching who-knows-what the whole time!!! Like, I know you want to have a laugh & show off, but please don't scare other people when you're doing it!!!
Back home, more knitting, & a sleep schedule not worth the name, & I still feel so tired!!!
At least I had enough loot for most of the remaining Mini Boos I wanted (there's 1-2 I can't find at the minute, & one which is only biddable, so watching that one, but the rest are on their way). I also found another set of fish stickers for the bathroom. I'm almost done with the fish stickers which is great!!!
I ordered a planet lamp from a pal a while ago but it never showed. My pal is sending another, this time tracked!!! Because neither my pal nor I want to not have a clue where a package is or what happened to it again...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline cowboyopossum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I cannot contain my silliness | he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: February 29, 2024, 05:37:46 AM »
Recently I have been working on my script. Getting ideas out of my head and onto the page with the same depth and intricacies is difficult. I do not have much experience with scripts though, I think I need to look at more examples.

Thank you Squarepeg and Wizard for my profile and sig!

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: February 29, 2024, 06:22:17 AM »
good luck on your script cowboyopossum :)

thanks PBW! i haven't heard anything about my mom yet. i'm going to call my dad a little later this morning. i'm thinking they were either tired when they got home or they haven't heard anything definitive yet. for now i need to focus to get through the work day. focusing on something helps me stop thinking the worst

everything went well at the vet. Luna is now on a weight loss diet.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1514 on: February 29, 2024, 07:02:12 AM »
Thanks, Beldarna. They don't ship to the US but those chairs look really nice!

Beth, I'm glad things went well for your pup :) Sorry about your mom, I hope if they find something it's fixable :hug:

PBW, what? People were following you and bullying you?? That's horrible! :mad: I'm so sorry :hug:

Good luck, cowboyopossam!

Well. Today is my inspection this afternoon. I called yesterday and asked for an extension, so I could do the floors again and try to get this one vomit stain that's being very stubborn out of the carpet, but Zenida said she couldn't do that because it's a housing inspection and I guess the point is to catch you off guard :huh: Good news is she said "we'll be there" so she's coming, which is good. I can explain the fish tank.

I'm beat though. I did not want to get up this morning and snoozed a whole half hour before I got up. I had a dream I was trying to find my sister :(

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal