collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Where Have all the Blind Bags Gone?  (Read 1183 times)

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
Where Have all the Blind Bags Gone?
« on: November 03, 2012, 07:33:30 AM »
Okay, this may be more for UK ponies but seriously.
Where have all the blindbags gone? I remember I found them once in the summer at Sainsbury's and then ended up at the same store and they were out of stock and I've never seen them again. It's also as if most places are shrinking their pony section like I find a few singles and that's it.

Has anyone else noticed this?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Where Have all the Blind Bags Gone?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 08:55:01 AM »
Only one of my local Asda stores had them and when wave 3 was first out they repeatedly had new boxes out but now for the last 3 or 4 months they have been completely absent.

I personally am of the opinion ponies are getting less space in my local supermarkets. Asda and Sainsburys here have always had only limited options but Tesco did used to have reasonable stock. But recently it feels as though pony space is smaller and smaller and now there are no ponies for sale at all in a couple of stores. One of the Tescos which I pop into every week is one of the biggest in the UK and as of yesterday it also had no ponies - it has 4 aisles of toys [not including the sales aisles] 1 of which is completely girls toys in the right age bracket - they have a massive Barbie and massive Monster High displays but absolutely no ponies. 

The only places I have found blind bags recently - waves 4 and 5 - in recent weeks are Toys R Us and Forbidden Planet.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 09:15:15 AM »
Same here. I used to get them from Asda and then they stopped.
I then got excited when Sainsbury's got some in, but then they ran out of stock and they didn't get any more. No more brushables in Sainsbury's either and Asda only has a few mane 6 luggage ponies left.

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 09:17:49 AM »
No idea. :/ I've seen them once. Once. In a Sainsburys thats local to my friend.

Vulpy

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 12:04:16 PM »
My local Sainsbury's has had NO pony stuff at all. :huh: It's been like this for a couple of months. It's so annoying. Asda has the Wedding Mane 6 singles, but no Lyra or Trixies etc. :(

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 01:33:12 PM »
I have one store in town that carries them. But they would go so fast!!  This last box has seemed to stay around a longer. Its been three weeks and they still have them.

Offline SilverLinedStars

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 04:43:41 PM »
Blind Bag ponies come and go so quickly. For a while it seemed like walmart was the only place I could find them. And then I didn't see them for a while, and then found some at Super Target. Since then though, I've seen nothing!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 05:07:48 PM »
I wonder how many people buy a whole case of them right as the store gets them in?  That could definitely cause a backlog at the shipping warehouses! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 06:40:33 PM »
I wonder how many people buy a whole case of them right as the store gets them in?  That could definitely cause a backlog at the shipping warehouses!

My first blind bag purchase was 20 wave 1's. I just grabbed the display box and went to the checkout. :silly:

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 01:15:39 AM »
Maybe they are sending more to mainland Europe. I am finally finding blind bags at a few different places here now.

We went from not having Waves 1 and 2 in the Netherlands, to a bit of wave 3, then a bit of wave 4, and now Wave 5 is plentiful. So maybe UK is sharing with the Netherlands now, lol.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 06:38:34 AM »
Maybe they are sending more to mainland Europe. I am finally finding blind bags at a few different places here now.

We went from not having Waves 1 and 2 in the Netherlands, to a bit of wave 3, then a bit of wave 4, and now Wave 5 is plentiful. So maybe UK is sharing with the Netherlands now, lol.

Lol that sounds similar but the opposite to us. :P

We went from no wave 1 and no wave 2 to tons of wave 3 to a little of wave 4 and a little of wave 5!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline sherbertlegs

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 06:42:56 AM »
My asda always has wave 4 blind bags. Xx

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 07:15:10 AM »

That could be it.
I was in my local ASDA today and there was nothing pony related at all. (Apart from a few fakie sets)
It's weird though as everywhere seems to be getting blindbag type toys in like Moshi Monsters and Hello Kitty but pony ones are almost non-existant

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 07:17:16 AM »
My local TRU always have the newest ones, but they seem popular so i don't usually get any :P

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2012, 07:22:05 AM »
I've only ever seen the glittery-pony blindbags (forgive me; I get all confuzzled when discussing which wave is which, since I've only ever seen the one :blush:) here in eastern Canada.  They popped up at Walmart and I bought six the first time I saw them.  They've mostly been on the shelf on subsequent visits (including yesterday) though the pickings are getting slimmer and slimmer, and yesterday's display box was half-full of Moshi Monster and Lalaloopsy blindbags as well.  TRU had them once, and that was that. :mad:

If Canadian shelf stocking is any indication of stockkeeping in the rest of the world, they may have simply underestimated the demand for these.

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal