collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: An honest analysis of all generations of My Little Pony (made by me!)  (Read 1950 times)

Offline brmylittleponycollector

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Hello, I study Veterinary Medicine&collect Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hello everybody!! I've been wanting to share with you my analysis of each generation of My Little Pony for a long time!! I have been interested in My Little Pony since my childhood, I grew up with the G3 and also later with the G4 and I would like to share some impressions about each pony released in each generation!! I will only do the ponies that I have, I don't own My Pretty Pony, Equestria Girls Reboot, the Japanese Takara Line and dream beauties! I only have the US G1,G2,G3,G3.5, newborn cuties,G4,Equestria Girls,G4.5 and G5. So let's go! :work: :happy:

My opinion on G1: Generation 1 My Little Ponies were made between 1982 and 1995. What I like about the G1 and G4 Ponies are the Nylon hair! Nylon hair looks great, feels beautiful and is one of the easiest to style. It is extremely strong and less likely to break than other hair types. It bends very easily and can be easily straightened again if necessary.I like the quality of the dolls and the rubbery plastic, the paintings on the eyes and symbols are very beautiful and great quality.I really like the sweet and docile look of the G1 and they look like very nice and cute little horses!

The second generation of My Little Ponies was first produced in 1997. It ran world wide until only 1998. It then continued on only in Europe until 2003.
I love G2, her nylon hair is beautiful and those crystals pressed into her eyes are very beautiful and charming! I don't know how G2 wasn't as successful as they are, they are so delicate and sweet, they have excellent paintwork, the symbols are beautiful and great quality in the plastic that their bodies are made of and their hair is so soft!

Generation 3 My Little Ponies are made between 2003 and 2009. Although the style of G3.5 marked the end of G3 style ponies, a few more G3 style ponies were made in 2010 for special occasions.This is my favorite generation!! I LOVE GENERATION THREE!!! THEY ARE SIMPLY PERFECT!! MY GOD HOW BEAUTIFUL!! the 2D and 3D symbols are cute, the magnets on the ponies' paws (now that I noticed that in this photo the two ponies have a 3D symbol)They have a sweet, sweet look and expression that are super fashionable and iconic. The quality of the paint and the rubber material that their bodies are made of are wonderful!!in 2007 the quality of the G3 started to decline and in 2008 and 2009 the quality was terrible but they were still very beautiful I just hate the fact that they removed the magnets I never understood why they removed them!! I found Core 7 a bit unnecessary, you know? I think they could focus on more ponies, Hasbro irritates me by focusing only on protagonists!! Well, is it just me or is the Fiber of the 2008 G3 and G3.5 made of a different material than the beginning of the G3??In conclusion, Generation 3 is the most beautiful and the most perfect generation of My Little Pony!! SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL, she has such captivating characters and colors, no generation of My Little Pony can be as beautiful and beautiful as G3, she is simply the best! I'm the biggest G3 fan there is LOL!!

Generation 3.5 or G3.5 is the term for ponies made in the swan song of G3. They are known as G3.5 because they are the same characters as G3, but Hasbro gave the ponies a heavy style makeover so drastic that many collectors consider them a whole new generation.

They were only produced from late 2009 and were then phased out by late 2010 and replaced by the G4 Ponies. However G3.5 toys were still kicking around Target and similar stores into mid-2011, pushed to the side by their extremely more popular replacements.G3.5 ponies had extra large heads, small bodies, big feet, and enormous eyes in comparison to G3 ponies. The G3.5 ponies are considered to be kid ponies. Each pony was given their own age, and are sized accordingly with Sweetie Belle being the smallest.

This is the year the Newborn Cuties were first released. These are baby versions of the Core 7. They are not proportionate to their adult counterparts and have diapers instead of tails. Their symbols are printed on their diapers.
Well my opinions of the G3.5 are the same as the G3!! I LOVE THEIR HUGE HEADS THEY ARE SO CUTE!!!G3.5's Hair is so soft!!The design itself is very beautiful, especially the details in the symbols!!The only other ponies released in this style besides the Core 7 are the Mom ponies that come with the Newborn Cutie sets. None of these Ponies have official names besides "Mom."my only Pony in G3.5 is Mom Pie!! Soon I compared more G3.5 ponies I love them!!

2009 is the year the Newborn Cuties were first released. These are baby versions of the Core 7. They are not proportionate to their adult counterparts and have diapers instead of tails. Their symbols are printed on their diapers. THEY ARE SO CUTE AND THEIR HAIR MADE OF WOOL ARE SO CUTE AND THEIR MIGA FEATURES!! MY GOD I LOVE THEM!! They look like G3 soft ponies miniatures!!

G4 Ponies form the fourth version of the My Little Pony franchise. G4 Ponies were first introduced in late 2010. G4 Ponies are featured in the animated series My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, which debuted in 2010. The main characters of the show (referred to by fans as the "Mane Six") are Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Twilight Sparkle. As the main characters of the tv show, they form the core characters of the toy line; each one has been released multiple times, in different molds/configurations and also as identical re-releases in multiple waves.
In addition to the Mane Six, G4 Ponies also include numerous other ponies. Some are exclusive to either the toy line while others have been seen only as extras on the tv show. In later years, popular secondary characters from the tv series were incorporated into the toy line.I really like the G4!! I just didn't like the ending of G4, it seems like they lost the essence of My Little Pony, I don't know how to explain it, but I blame the bronies for that!!! Well, I love the G4's snouts and it reminds me a little of the G2!! I think the pegasus wings are so beautiful, the symbols are cute, I love the print on the eyes and the vibrant colors that many G4s have! their hair is They are made of Nylon but I don't really like the quality of the hair on the first G4, they are very bad compared to other generations and the G4.5, Reboot and Equestria Girls!! What I love most about this generation are the various shades of pink, blue and purple that many ponies have!!!

Equestria Girls is the name of a product line associated with Generation 4 of My Little Pony. The product line's backstory revolves around an alternate world where the characters of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic appear as humans, with some pony-like features. Equestria Girls is designed to appeal to slightly older girls than the main My Little Pony toys. The vast majority of merchandise consists of humanoid dolls based on the characters of the films, usually the Mane Six and associated secondary characters and antagonists.
The main characters have been released as humanoid dolls, and usually include fashion accessories.If it weren't for Barbie, Monster High and the Bronies we would still have Equestria Girls!!In my opinion, after Winx Club and Bratz, the Equestria Girls are the best fashion dolls out there, they have much better quality than many G4 Ponies and My Scene dolls!!
In my opinion, their hair is the best in the entire My Little Pony franchise. THEY ARE PERFECT!! The quality of the hair and how easy it is to style and fix it and make curls is incredible. It was easier to make curls on my Pinkie Pie Equestria Girls than on my G3 and G3!! The accessories are impeccable, the clothes have impeccable quality, especially the first release and Rainbow Rocks are the pinnacle of the franchise!! everything is very well done in these dolls, they are incredible. Hasbro was way ahead of its time, much better than Monster High, My Scene and Ever After High!!

I don't really like the G4 Reboot, it seems that all the Ponies have the same appearance and the painting is not of good quality, the hair is even much better than the first G4!!

G4.5 ponies mirror the G3.5 Ponies in many ways; The ponies from G4 were redesigned heavily but retained names and color schemes, and new media was produced to help market the redesign.

These ponies began circulation in late 2019 and phased out by mid-2021, just in time for Generation 5 merchandise.

G4.5 ponies had large heads and ears, small snouts, and sculpted feathering. They each have one point of articulation at a ball joint on the neck, although other releases have more robust articulation.

Most of the G4 toys that were still being put out were redesigned in some capacity. Blind bags were brought back, as they had previously been replaced by Cutie Mark Crew. Both Cutie Mark Crew and blind bag releases are present.
I think the G4.5 is so cute, they are so cute, the Nylon fiber is of excellent quality!! The only thing that bothers me a lot is the fact that the eye paint and cutie mark are done by printing and are of poor quality! Sometimes I think I like the G4.5 more than the G4 itself!!they are so cute and I love it!!

G5 began in late 2021 with the release of My Little Pony: A New Generation.
I love the G5!! They are so cute and sweet and are much better than the G4! Their aesthetics remind me a lot of G2 and G3!! and they have incredible quality in every way, I just don't like that they focus too much on the protagonists. I think they should make more ponies besides the protagonists!! The G5 has all the essence of My Little Pony, especially references to the other 4 previous generations and best of all, they are so cute and sweet! Well I just don't like ponies that aren't combable! I love the G5!

This was my critical analysis of all generations of My Little Pony, I will do other analyzes soon!! I hope you enjoyed! If you want to interact giving your opinion on each generation I would love to hear it!! my personal raking is:
1.G3
2.G1
3.G2
4.G3.5
5.G5
6.G4.5
7.G4.
8.EG
9.Reboot
Thank you for reading this topic until the end, I love interacting with you and this community is very welcoming!! see you soon and bye!!

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
Re: An honest analysis of all generations of My Little Pony (made by me!)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2024, 04:15:52 PM »
I just hate the fact that they removed the magnets I never understood why they removed them!!
There were safety scares regarding magnets around that time, most notably with kids swallowing the magnets from Magnetix toys. It was also rumored around 2008 that a magnet-hoofed pony disrupted somebody's pacemaker, although apparently that's since been debunked?

Of course, it could have just been a cost-cutting thing coincidental with the safety scares. But I know that LEGO changed to using permanently-fitted and encased magnets on their train couplings at that time because of the safety scares (even though LEGO magnets are probably too low-strength to be a problem), so Hasbro wouldn't have been the only toy company reacting.
should be perma-moderated

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal