collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A bunch of questions concerning resin (for shoes, hands, etc)  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: A bunch of questions concerning resin (for shoes, hands, etc)
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2013, 08:48:34 AM »
I adored I dream of Jeannie.. But It is still an example of "whitewashing" since they used a white actor to play a character who should technically be an Arab. So even if she is a reference to the show, the whole whitewashing thing still applies :/

Yep, thank you for saying it :)
I have nothing against the show, I loved it when I was a kid and they showed reruns of it on German TV. I just don't like how they (Mattel) maneuvered around the fact that this character should technically be a person of color. I just don't get why they couldn't make her darker. Dark purple or pink could have worked just as well for the character, if not better.

Offline Jenn77

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2013, 09:05:19 AM »
Geez, am I the only one who like I Dream of Jeannie:P I know, an actual djinn would be cooler, but I like the reference to the old show.

Speaking of Djinn, James Earl Jones is Best Genie Ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhrU62E9NCw

Lewis from Revenge of the Nerds!! Lol .. Ahh what can a person say about James earl jones, shoot he could just be sitting around talking about laundry and I would listen. He has a excellent voice and is a great actor!

Back on topic.. Although we have seen blue used before I think I would have been a neater concept for Gigi if they had made her different shades of blues with transparent limbs like spectra. Me personally, I think Mattel has a love affair going on with the color pink Oy, they use it so much. I don't mind it in small doses or mixed with other colors, other than that not my fav color even though I will have to say like zapper said different shades of pink would have been better then what they are using now. Maybe we will get a surprise and she will look different and better than her photos.
Calypso by~ Corona

Calypso by~ Brightberry

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Angelkitty21

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2013, 10:03:01 AM »
Oh. Oohh... I had a golden DUH moment. When you said whitewashed I thought you meant it literally (as in bland and too light). I didn't get what you really meant. XD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal