collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MH Confessions Thread - Reloaded!  (Read 3731 times)

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: MH Confessions Thread - Reloaded!
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2013, 12:22:26 PM »
Since that last thread, I have gotten a divorce:(  Sad I know, BUT it has made for some awesome confessions :lol:  For example:

* I do not have a dining room.  I have a DOLL room. 

* Part of my kitchen counter is devoted to dolls.  It's my waiting room for the spa :lol:

* During my move, I lost a minuscule object from Cleo's Vanity.  I had to have it back!  I made a wanted thread for it, prepared to buy or trade for the item.  What I wouldn't do for a complete collection! (A wonderful member helped me out for free!  LOVE this place.)

* I will pay $10 for a SS Gil neon orange doll stand.  My Gil came with a teal stand, and my collection feels incomplete without the orange one.  Making this confession even worse, is that my SS dolls currently do not USE their stands, so why do I need a stand that isn't going to be used?

* Gloom Beach Draculaura's "cloudy" sunglasses ALWAYS bothered me!  They were the only pair in the line that weren't crystal clear.  When Roadster Lala came out, with the recast GB sunglasses but this time clear(!!!) she graciously swapped with my GB Lala.  So now all my GB sunglasses are clear:)  It's the little things!

* I have 3 Powder Room sets, and 2 Scooters:(  Don't ask.

* If I had the money, I'd love to be a MIB AND loose collector.  I've noticed some of my girls are literally collecting dust:(  Boxes are alot easier to keep dust free!
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline angelponies

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2013, 12:24:16 PM »
 Confessions of a Monsterhaulic   ^.^

Lets see... Where to start!

I started collecting Monster High when you could actually still find Jackson and Gil in stores! I had them all and started to feel guilty about collecting them and the money it was costing, plus we were remodeling our home to sell and needed the money, so I sold them over the Summer. I recently ended up collecting again in November 2012 and my jaw about hit the floor when I found out that Gil who I paid $14.99 for was now worth waaay much more! :crazy: I was so mad at myself for selling him, if I would have just hung onto him, but I figured I could just get him again later argh! :lookround: if I only knew then what I see now on ebay lol :lol:

So from November to now, I added it up and I have spent about $5,000 in MH dolls and MH items.  :shocked:
I am a completionist and I like the feeling of the instant gratification of getting a doll I am missing  :blush: 16 more dolls and I am caught up with the line, so I am thinking of other "toys" I can part with to get those missing ones  :lookround: I think I am over obsessed  :lol: but I like them!!!!!!  :P

I wont share my CAM photos in fears of copying someone elses wig combo idea, even though there are tons of wigs, I have seen a couple dolls that another person put the same wig on and I don't want to make anyone feel like I copied them when I haven't (Just the same idea with the Monster and wig color)

I am sure there is more but this was enough for now :biggrin: felt good to get it out there  :P
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 12:30:31 PM by angelponies »

operaghost

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2013, 12:25:56 PM »
I know a lot of people think Holt's voice is annoying, but there's something I kind of like about it  :lookround:.

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2013, 12:45:12 PM »
-Even though I myself am gay, I do not ship ANY of my characters into gay relationships, and I'm ashamed of that!

Hey, if you don't see any chemistry between them, why should you force yourself to ship them? :/
And MH is full of very likeable canon het couples, sometimes I feel bad for breaking some of them up in my head. For example Heath and Abbey. They're not really a legit couple yet, but they are so much fun together. Yet I can only see Abbey with Frankie. Oops.
Yeah chemistry in toys is hard for me to come by...it happens, but very rarely...in fact I think only 3 or 4 of my ponies are "coupled", even though I LOVE the loving families, so you'd think I'd want more...

But yeah, I guess "ashamed" is a strong word, but it's true, even with Cam Clark voicing Heath, I still don't see him or any of the guys as gay, or the girls for that matter...Clawdeen came close though, when she was not wanting a boyfriend in the special.
another confession:
-I do find Holt/Jackson's voice quite annoying

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2013, 12:49:13 PM »
I'm with Hefty on Jackson/Holt's voice. Ugh, there is just something about it that puts me off.

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2013, 12:52:36 PM »
I do impressions of Holt's high pitched "yeeeeaaaaaah!!!" yelling when I'm tipsy. It actually sounds like him and it cracks people up when I do it because I'm usually pretty quiet. I don't actually tell people who I am imitating.

I recently got a DOtD Deuce and he is the most handsome thing I have ever seen! So much swooning. I just can't get over how handsome he is and I have no idea why. I'd seen pictures of him and thought he was neat looking but in person he's almost too handsome. I'm weird. :lol:
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2013, 01:22:55 PM »
There IS something about those comb-over snakes, isn't there? :lol:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2013, 01:24:20 PM »
Haha, I remember that old thread.  :lol: I haven't cried in frustration and woe over failing to find a doll since last year's Rochelle incident, buuut if I have as much trouble finding Twyla this year... it might happen again  >_<

My newest confession is that I swore I didn't need, didn't want, wouldn't ever get any of the beach lines... now I have all three Swim ghouls and I LOVE THEM. :doh:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline tictactoe_kf

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Find what makes you happy and do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2013, 01:34:32 PM »
I don't have a ton of confessions yet, as I literally started collecting yesterday. xD But here goes:

- Like others have said, I have lied about who I'm giving the doll to. I know it shouldn't matter, but sometimes I feel the cashier's judgy eyes and I have to throw a "this is for my sister" line in there. This is the same with ponies as well.
- I am a "only one doll of each character" person. I cannot have doubles, even from different lines. Same with ponies. I freak out. Only one!! Luckily this somewhat limits the ridiculous amount of money I can spend on collecting...
- I have loved MH since it came out but it took me until now to have the guts to buy them for myself.
:heart:

Thanks Shenanigans for my awesome avatar!

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2013, 01:42:12 PM »
--When I saw the very first MH commercials, I was jealous of little girls today because I thought the line was really cool. I told myself, "if these dolls existed when I was little, I would collect them." I thought I was too old to collect toys.

--If it weren't for ponies, I wouldn't collect MH! Ponies brought me to the Arena. I was only a G4 collector at the time and I had all the ponies I wanted so I was done. Until I started lurking on the MH board...

--I don't post pictures of my collection because I'm embarrassed at my lack of photography skills. (This also applies to ponies) :blush:

--Sometimes I hide new dolls from my boyfriend's family because I'm afraid of the possible "You got another doll?" reaction :huh: Which is weird because they fully support my collections, they even got me a nice cabinet for it :)

--I don't have any bills (but I do have other expenses) to pay so I sometimes spend enough money on dolls (and ponies) to where I literally have $0.00 in my bank account :huh:

--If I were to get every doll on my wantlist, it would double my collection.

--Because of MH, I don't reject anything that would normally be deemed as childish anymore. I've set my inner child free :P

*looks back at list* Oh geez, that's a lot of confessions :blink: I hope that's all.
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2013, 02:04:36 PM »
I know a lot of people think Holt's voice is annoying, but there's something I kind of like about it  :lookround:.

You're not alone. I LOVE it!

And now I have 41. .-. Ok, ok, I can explain! My dad gave me $30 in Khol's cash because he didn't want anything so I got rollermaze Frankie and Lagoona for FREE! Should I really feel guilty about getting something FREE? :drunk:

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2013, 02:18:03 PM »
I confess:

* Before MH I HATED dolls. Just HATED them. Now ... *so much love* :heart:

* I think I love my dolls more than some of my ponies.

* I've bought Moxies and Bratz just to steal their outfits for my MH dolls.

* I don't buy myself new clothes anymore... that money goes to dolls instead!!

Offline cloverofmist

• Trade Count: (+97)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2013, 02:27:26 PM »
Ok my daughter who is now 7 got some of these dolls last year, and i just had to have them all.. I dont lie about who i am buying dolls for, never have probably never will. I have spent way to much on dolls.. and my ponies that I collect took a back burner since I started.. (sad to know what I have spent on mh i could have my pony wishlist done)

I have managed to pay all my bills and still buy diapers, toliet paper, rabbit food/bedding, a dog, dog food etc and still buy dolls..

I have a great friend who is like a walmart layaway: he buys my dolls and lets me pay them off..and i get them sent to me so I can adore them before I pay them off. He has a whole round again for me right now *sighs* YAY for great friends

My mother hates all my collections and says its a waste of time and wont ever buy anything for my collections
I secretly hate my mother*

I have also gotten my 11 year old son addicted to having these dolls.. shame on mom*

I am always on the hunt.. when I find dolls and even if they arent on my wantlist they end up staying with me if I dont already have them..

I have custom ideas but am afraid that if i do a face up i'll screw the doll up.. cuz i cant draw eyes for crap**

I have NEVER liked dolls.. and now i am searching for a cheap bjd.. oh mh sends you that way

ok ok thats enough for me for now

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2013, 03:10:46 PM »
Ok one more...

- ALL of the stores I shop for monster high from know me as the mh collector lady... Lol

elonni

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2013, 02:44:26 AM »
OK, confession time:

- I started collecting MH in January and I now have 32 dolls, 4 OOAKs and some nude ones (with more on the way in all three categories).

- My MH craze has rekindled my love for dolls and I have been buying other kinds of dolls too. Just got a Lalaloopsy in the mail last week. Before this, I would buy dolls mostly for my daughter.

- I am considering buying a cabinet or bookshelf to put all my dolls, since now they are taking over my table and one free shelf I had on my current bookshelf.

- I don't know what I would say if people at toy stores asked me who the dolls would be for. Luckily, most of the time here, they don't ask. I would probably say they are for my 2-year-old daughter (though it sounds crazy that she could have one at this age :)).

- I only talk about my collection to a few people and close friends. My husband knows about them, but I don't go into detail on the time I spend hunting for them on Ebay and Etsy, what I paid for some of them or even how many I have. I'm happy though that I've been spending quite a bit of my time learning how to customize them too, I feel that makes up for all the buying. :)

- Whenever I pass by a store that stocks MH, I have to go inside and "quickly" check what they have.

- I was not supposed to buy PD Draculaura last Friday, it was not in my plans. It just... happened.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal