collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MH Confessions Thread - Reloaded!  (Read 3730 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
MH Confessions Thread - Reloaded!
« on: April 06, 2013, 07:27:53 AM »
Can I please revive this thread here? I stumbled upon it by accident and had a really good laugh :)

Maybe I should start with something really juicy, eh?
-More than once I have contemplated to steal a really expensive doll just because I'm so angry at the high European prices. I'm usually incredibly moral, but somehow when it comes to stealing overpriced toys, the little devil on my shoulder is so much more vocal than the little angel. I'm only super scared of getting caught (cameras everywhere), that's why I will never do it, lol!

More funny stuff:
-I consider it a sport to introduce my friends to MH. When they become addicted I feel pride and shame at the same time (because of their poor wallets)
-I mostly dislike the werecats because I have a massive cat allergy and their - no pun intended -catty behaviour in the webisodes and specials doesn't help. I even intend to customize my Catrine into a unicorn because of that. Werecats - forever tainted! :lol:
-I think the girl dolls (and Gil) are really sexy. That's why I can't see them as teens. They do not look like they're 15 or 16. I just can't force my brain to accept that they're still going to a High School

Flutterwonder13

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: MH Confessions Thread - Reloaded!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 07:45:30 AM »
Yes, yes you can! That was mine.  ^.^ Oh God I only had 4 back then. .-. I have 39 now what.

CONFESSIONS!
- I have 39 and a huge wishlist.  :P
- None of my friends except for one know about my collecting and even he doesn't know the extent
- I've had dreams of finding Holt
- What the heck?? I didn't like any version of Clawdeen?? I LOVE Clawdeen now!  :blink:

JustHereForPictures

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 08:03:52 AM »
- I have 10 dolls (and an 11th one on his way). I haven't even been collecting for a month.
- I think I stole somebody's Scaris Deuce. He was really hidden and facing the back and I took him anyway.
- I'm not a huge fan of the colour pink. This affects my buying habits.
- Sometimes, when I'm buying multiple dolls or going back and buying dolls from the same store I will casually mention that they are for my little cousins when they aren't (the little cousins will be allowed to play with some of them, but they're all for me) if I feel like the person behind the counter is judging me. 
- I have never watched the webisodes and I'm not going to.
- I ship Deuce/Ghoulia and even getting a Cleo hasn't stopped me.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 08:11:57 AM by JustHereForPictures »

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 08:05:40 AM »
Haha! I remember this!

Let's see....

* I've gotten up to over 60... almost 70 dolls, and I've only been collecting since last July.
* I had to go out and buy a desk just for my dolls and things
* Monster High drug me into doll collections. I now have 10 Bratzillaz and 2 Pullips.
* I once bought a SO Frankie whose stand what missing the bottom and waist-holder parts. So I went and bought another one whose arm had fallen off in the package, stole those pieces, and then returned her because of her arm.
* I sold off most of my complete CAMs and now I really regret it!

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 08:08:52 AM »
I only got into them a week ago and I bought three in one day... Then I messaged an arena member two buy two more... then I added one more... and I'm about to message her to take another two, so FIVE in total...

I had dreams about them last night.

I'm about to go out shopping and look for more...  -_-

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 08:19:07 AM »
ok...

-I have about 281 (possibly more since I havent actually counted)
-I once bought a doll instead of paying my electric bill (but then returned the doll out of guilt and paid for my bill only to find out my bill was less than I was expecting and had enough left over to go rebuy the doll  :blush: )
-I sometimes tell my husband that I have either bought the dolls for cheaper or traded them when I have actually paid full price (he dislikes my doll collection)

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 08:27:01 AM »
I might as well add that more often than not I will be downstairs, then go upstairs and grab a doll off my shelf to bring downstair for "company".  :P Right now, Skelita is in my lap.  :blush:

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 08:48:54 AM »
I buy dolls under the guise that they're for my daughters, but really I buy them for me!

More than once, I've wished that they made MH shoes in my size.

I've had dreams about finding MH dolls.

I have about 120 dolls and I've only been collecting since August.  I'm a total completionist, so once I have 1 in a line, I have to have them all.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 08:52:09 AM »
I started searching for the dolls, because my kids wanted them.
Now I'm really making sure they get every character available, though just one version of them, they still say the don't need to repeat characters in different versions (except for Draculaura and Cleo, because they came with Clawd and Deuce, and they already had one of each ghoul) and they are not fans of incomplete Create a Monster (that is having one doll with no wig or one in limbs while the other diplays the torso).

Now we are just missing Howleen (but we are waiting for 13W version to come out) Holt, Gil, Scarah and Hoodude.
That is, until July when Twyla Howleen and Gigi come out :)
And also, if Catty Noirs hit the shelves.

Oh, speaking about shelves i got them a really nice ones, so the dolls can be on display and not in their box of dolls. We really need to buy another one because one more doll to the right and all the ones in the left will fall out.

And as for me, I have 3 Ghoulias for myself. And expect to have more.

Some of my collages at work already know of this hobbie, and every time a new doll arrives, i proudly send them an email to come meet the new ghoul or manster LOL

And for the last part, my boyfriend installed Led lights on the MH shelves (he installed them in his action figures shelves and wanted to share the geekness)

Post Merge: April 06, 2013, 08:54:54 AM

I might as well add that more often than not I will be downstairs, then go upstairs and grab a doll off my shelf to bring downstair for "company".  :P Right now, Skelita is in my lap.  :blush:

This is so cute! why haven't i think of that before?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 08:54:54 AM by nassib »

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 09:05:11 AM »
Okay, confession time it is...

-I started collecting in January and noe I have 47 dolls.

-Last month alone I bought or traded 16, because of that I declared this month a no more dolls month, but have caved once, while getting a doll for a member here, I snagged Sig Opie for myself. I loathed myself after that and as punishment, extended my ban until the middle of May.

-I either hang out here or cruise eBay for dollies, when I should be working. Like right now.

This one is a whopper. I bought Scaris Deuce, was exited as a cat with a hairtie and then I noticed he had massive explosive eye wonk!  >_< >_< >_< >_<. No, matter I had the receipt right? Nope! So after elonni told me where she found her Deuce and that there was one more, I dropped everything and sprang like a bat out of H*ll to the store, bouht the Deuce, went back the next day with my wonky one and returned him. Then I got Venus instead and paid the difference and was a happy camper. Yesterday I found mutant-wonky Deuce's receipt, which I had cleverly stored in a pile next to my MH things. :blush:

-I think I lost my Sweet 1600 invite, from Cupid's package, so what do I do? Act like a reasonable person and go; "hey, it's a piece of plastic, whatevs..." Nope! I go on eBay in a nauseous panic, find a seller, who is selling Lala's cake and an invite and buy them for 3€ and  shipping, because of... Reasons...

And last but certainly not least...

-Today, fiance, my lovely squishy dearest asks me; "so, sweetie, how much have you used on your dolls?"
and I say; "Umm... I don't want to tell you..."
He says; "c'mon, it's ok",
I say: " Maybe 500 €..." LIES!!!!! ALL LIES!!!!!!!!!
He says; "Ok, good to know, that means I can buy something expensive too."

So here I am a doll collector and I lied to Sweetie, because I'm embarrassed of how obsessive I have become... And the actual amount of money I have used. i refuse to think about it.

This feels better, phew, I got everything off my chest, for now that is... There will be more I'm sure. :biggrin:

Offline lemonice

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2013, 09:17:52 AM »
I  have now 6 dolls and i did start collecting last month!!! ahhh!!!!
but i don't want more then 10 dolls. really. i all ready collect to much!!!

AND they are so expensive here in sweden!

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 09:31:35 AM »
This is fun and funny!

I don't know that I really have any confessions though, since I feel no guilt for loving these ghouls although....

-I too have not paid an electric bill, and I really did owe it, just to afford more MH one month
-I secretly hope they come out with each character for EACH line, i.e EVERY character in a DOTD outfit, EVERY character in a Sweet 1600 outfit/box...even though it would mean I'd be FORCED to buy each and every one of these dolls no matter the cost, just to complete the "wave"
-When I see boy dolls, I want to buy them all,even though I know they are scarce and other will want them for THEIR  collectioin
-Even though I myself am gay, I do not ship ANY of my characters into gay relationships, and I'm ashamed of that!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2013, 10:10:27 AM »
-Even though I myself am gay, I do not ship ANY of my characters into gay relationships, and I'm ashamed of that!

Hey, if you don't see any chemistry between them, why should you force yourself to ship them? :/
And MH is full of very likeable canon het couples, sometimes I feel bad for breaking some of them up in my head. For example Heath and Abbey. They're not really a legit couple yet, but they are so much fun together. Yet I can only see Abbey with Frankie. Oops.

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2013, 10:45:26 AM »
I don't usualy ship any  toys, but no that you point it out, Abbey and Frankie do have chemistry. Somehow they seem closer than the toher ghouls, now that I think about it, so I can totally see why you ship them and I agree that they make a cute couple.

I also agree that if no chemistry exists, why ship them. The problem with shipping boys is that there are so few that when you try to find a couple that clicks you might soon run out of boys before finding a couple that clicks. If you know what I mean?

and to return on topic, I have one more confession. While I work (hakf heartedly) Abbey is sitting with me and looks so disappointed in me  :blink:. I have taken the habbit of having a ghoul with me while I work. That gives me a chance to oogle them, be cheered up and maybe even motivated to work. Maybe...

Dorriebelle

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2013, 11:09:43 AM »
-I have fought off the impulse, several times, to take a new doll to bed with me like I did with my Barbies when I was eight years old.
I'm almost 47, btw. And married. I compromised last time I was sick and took some to the hospital with me, where they 'lived' on that funky over-bed table thing.

-Due to where I live and just plain seeing far too many of 'em, I don't like Skelita and I truly hate any repainted sugar skull MH dolls now. I'm sorry - I've seen some real beauties and some real sincere attempts, but the constant over-exposure has made me hate 'em all. It's just overload, nothing personal.

-The more I fight against getting a new doll - usually an established character in new clothes - the more likely I am to end up with him/her. The ones I don't care about at all I don't get. If I'm fighting, I'm wanting - and I usually get somehow.

-Now that I have my Grail - DotD Deuce - I'm not as 'into' hunting for more dolls, trawling eBay for hours, etc. I've shifted into more of a 'creative' mode, and even made my HooDude some shorts yesterday. I've even - gasp ! - turned away from several offers for neat shoes !

-I can't stand it when someone posts a photo of a doll something they wanna sell, and their model's hair is a rat's nest and the wrists are turned to a position that'd hurt a real person. I refuse to buy when I see that, I figure if they don't care for the doll, they don't care about their items for sale, either.

-I can't wait for Mattel to make Slow-Moe, so I have a CAM gargoyle with a bad haircut standing in for him. What can I say, I love Ghoulia too much to let her be lonely ! (geez, I'm crazy...)

-I voraciously read everyone else's secrets, and nod knowingly at nearly every one !

« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 11:13:52 AM by Dorriebelle »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal