collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who collects the guys? And why/why not?  (Read 2575 times)

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
Re: Who collects the guys? And why/why not?
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2013, 01:10:14 PM »
I love the boys! I'm a romantic so I like to get my girls some boyfriends (although not necessarily according to the show). I cannot wait until Heath comes out! I've been trying to get my hands on a Clawd so I'm happy he's getting a Music Festival release. Of course, InvisiBilly would be a must-buy if he ever gets released.

Though my CAM gargoyle Clay has the most personality of all my boys, Gil is by far the coolest looking guy. He and Lagoona just look so happy together.

I own: Clay (CAM gargoyle), Felix (CAM puma), Gil, Derek (Scaris Deuce), and I have a Gloom Beach Jackson on the way. But I kind of want to customize Jackson as I had this character pop into my head that would work great from a  Jackson base. I'm kind of hoping he arrives in rough shape so I won't chicken out on customizing him.

ETA: Not the best picture but here are my boys (minus Jackson who is not here yet). I need to take more pictures of them. Felix is also usually in sleeves because his not matching torso bugs me sometimes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Born to be a winner by keylimepony, on Flickr
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 09:14:49 PM by keylimepony »
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2013, 06:52:45 PM »
I can't actively collect the older boys, because of their price. I was lucky enough to get help getting the Sig. Deuce. Scaris Deuce wasn't hard to find, either. Hopefully Mattel realizes that we want more boys! I can't wait for the new releases! Keep posting pics, guys!! I <3 the mansters!!

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2013, 01:25:00 AM »
Here in Finland Scaris Deuce has been available in two webstores so far and I think he is currently available in at least one. I have seen him in toystores as well, but never shelf warming. I hope that at least his popularity is a sign for Mattel.

operaghost

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2013, 08:09:56 AM »
I have yet to see a boy doll in a store around here, and I don't really like the looks of the dolls much.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2013, 01:40:24 PM »
I didn't at first, I only originally wanted one or two dolls- and the boys definitely have fewer accessories and less detail in their outfits-   

But I changed my mind when I saw Picklepud's photos of them (in another forum) and realized that I needed to have Holt and Deuce-   

Gil looked neat when he came out, but I didn't get him because I thought his outfit was horrid.  Now I'm so relieved he is coming out again!  His new outfit is still nothing special, but I have plans to get him dressed properly once he arrives...

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2013, 03:36:30 PM »
I agree on Gils outfits, neither of them re very interesting, but Gil as a doll looks very unique , so if the fivepack is ever available in a reasonable price I'll get it. Good thing I haven't gotten any of the DC dolls yet.

Kobold

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2013, 05:43:31 PM »
I only have sig Deuce right now, but I wish I had the other guys too. Though I find it so disappointing that some headsculpts don't match their webisode appearance.  :mad: I had the chance to buy both Holt and Jackson but  I just couldn't get past those big jaws. I really hope they don't mess up Heath!

Also hoping they make Garrott a doll so Rochelle can get a boyfriend and I'm spared the trouble of tracking down the CAM gargoyle.  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal