collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who collects the guys? And why/why not?  (Read 2576 times)

Pony_Mommy

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Who collects the guys? And why/why not?
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2013, 12:34:07 PM »
I don't find the boy dolls very interesting looking. I bought Scaris Deuce when he hit stores here and sold him. The only one I'd like to get is Sig Jackson. I probably will get the Heath 2 pack as well. Clawd isn't horrible, but unless they reissue him I won't bother.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2013, 12:35:08 PM »
Tuneful, Clawd looks like such a diva with that hair, I love it! :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2013, 12:57:40 PM »

I agree! Afro-Clawd looks sharp!
I'd be interested in seeing him with this sort of hair but in his Sig outfit :)

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2013, 12:58:30 PM »
i would collect the guys if i could find them lol!

Offline Angellove

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2013, 01:07:03 PM »
I collect the boys most are just cam's and customs but I now have clawd and deuce.
I want to find gil because he has the same last name as my son. :)

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2013, 01:54:14 PM »
I have 2 boys, Jackson and Deuce. I watched a few webisodes with Jackson in it and I totally associated with his shyness and inability to socialize with people he really liked. I really loved him! His look was so cute and his personality was really deep to me. I found him on ebay for a good price and bought him- I love his slouchy shirt and the belt is so cute- he dresses like one of my uncles. Anyway, when Deuce came out with the Scaris line, I figured he would be easier to come by then any other boys, so I bought him off of the arena. I felt that Jackson shouldn't be alone with all of those girls. O_o
I liked Barbie, and I had 2 Ken dolls- Alex and Alan. They were romantic and everything a young girl thinks a guy should be. They commonly rode horses with their spouses and sometimes were bitten by vampires or turned into animals- usually a panther since I didn't have any wolf toys. But most of my serious drama was between 2 sisters- Vicki and Cameo.
I will have to check out Life in the Dream House! Hmmm I just watched one, and Barbie has Frankies voice (which is a no brainer there) but I thought life in the dream house would be a parody/spoof of Barbie not a actual Mattel indorsed show... Hmmm Did I get the right show?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 01:58:43 PM by Psivampyr »

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2013, 02:23:18 PM »
I love my mansters! I collect them because I find them to be as unique and detailed as the girls. I'm lucky enough to have all of them. C:

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline Jenn77

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2013, 04:22:47 PM »
I have so say though at least they have different personalities and there have own voice unlike ken who I always felt was"yes Barbie whatever you say Barbie,want me to kiss your butt? Why sure thing hunny lol( I am prolly the only one that thinks that last bit  :blush: )

OH GODS :lol:
You slay me. I don't know why, but this cracked me up. Maybe because I was never interested in Barbie as a kid (only in her horses, lol) and Ken was non-existent to me since he had absolutely nothing going for him. He was just there.

However, there is a hilarious webseries about Barbie one of my friends once recommended to me since I liked the MH webseries. It's called "Life in the Dreamhouse" and it is one big pisstake on the entire Barbie franchise. Ken is great in this series! He creates robots and faints regularly.

Glad you got a kick out of that Zapper :biggrin: ,I will have to check that website out sounds hilarious.
 @Tuneful~ you make Clawd in drag look like one sexy beast  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 04:25:08 PM by Jenn77 »
Calypso by~ Corona

Calypso by~ Brightberry

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2013, 04:51:21 PM »

I agree! Afro-Clawd looks sharp!
I'd be interested in seeing him with this sort of hair but in his Sig outfit :)

Thanks, guys! If I owned his sig outfit, I'd dress him in it and slap on that afro, but alas.

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2013, 04:59:41 PM »
It would be so cool if they would release add-on packs that just contained wigs for the guy dolls!
Like, different snakes for Deuce, different flames for Holt, but also normal hair in case you wanted to switch it up a little. And it should contain an awesome afro for Clawd! *g*

Of course that would mean that the wig pack had to come with an additional head as well (to ut the wigs on). Deuces "hair" doesn't come off that easily to replace it with a wig XD
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 05:01:12 PM by Zapper »

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2013, 05:06:24 PM »
i LOVE the boys *huggles her garboyle*

but just like with anything else, i only want the ones i like. so i have gil, the three deuces (THANK YOU TUNEY! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!), sig jackson, GB jackson, and a couple garboyles (want more ... soooooo many more garboyles) ... don't have clawd ... haven't seen a release of clawd i like yet :( ... i had a holt, but stupidly gave him to alittle cousin and that week is the week they all VANISHED from the stores never to be seen again :\
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2013, 05:08:06 PM »
@Tuneful~ you make Clawd in drag look like one sexy beast  :biggrin:

Indeed! Rarr! :biggrin: I'd also love to see him in his sig outfit with the afro...
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2013, 05:48:33 PM »
I don't actively collect them because they are so pricey! But if I see one in stores that I want, I will get them. That being said, all I have right now is Scaris Deuce.

Initially I wasn't interested in the boys. I thought they were ugly, and still do overall. But now that I watched the webisodes I found that I really like the personalities of them, especially Clawd. So if they release them again, I will likely collect them. I gotta admit that they are very unique compared to the boys of other lines.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2013, 06:06:43 PM »
Well I wasn't at all interested in collecting boys at first.  After my daughters started watching the MH movies. They kind of fell for Deuce after seeing how sweet he was in the shows.  When we found him a few weeks ago, I knew then that we would need to collect the boys.

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

angelfish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2013, 11:22:36 PM »
I'd collect the boys if they were cuter.  Only Deuce is cute to me and as a result the only boy I have left now is  his Scaris version.  Wanted to love Holt and love the idea of him and his journal was one of the most interesting but that jawline...  Why?  He looks like he's on steroids yet he has this wibbly, noodly little body!  I ended up selling him. 

Clawd is my fav manster on the show but his dolls are a disappointment to me.  Clawd should be cute and big and jocky like his webisode/CGI self. 

Gil is the only one whose doll looks similar to his animated self, the slender MH boy sculpt really works for him as it should've for Holt/Jackson and as I hope it will for Heath.

I have high hopes for Heath.  From what we can see in the fuzzy photos he looks very sweet faced and angular, almost like an Arthur Rackham drawing, particular Loki.  Really looking forward to his release, maybe more than any of the ghouls save for Howleen and Twyla.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 11:25:07 PM by angelfish »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal