collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Wydowna Spider Fan Club Thread  (Read 12157 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
The Wydowna Spider Fan Club Thread
« on: January 20, 2013, 03:22:19 PM »
It's no secret that there are a few of us out there who are completely CRAZY for this doll that may or may not ever be released. While we not-so-patiently wait to see if good ol' Wydowna will get a doll (either in the Power Ghoul line or perhaps at SDCC) I figured it's about time for the obsessed ones among us to have our very own thread to discuss Wydowna as well as share photos of her initial feature at SDCC, artwork, her upcoming roll in the Power Ghoul comic, and of course to keep everyone informed on her release status!

To start things off, I'll share a lovely photo of her and pose these questions to you: What is it that makes Wydowna so appealing to you? What's your favorite thing about her? Your least favorite thing?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

And here's some great artwork of her:

I just HAD to buy these bookmarks!

Yes, yes, yes! If Wydowna is a full release, my plan was to rehair her in white and this totally proves it would be amazing!

All right, now let's get this chat GOING!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
Re: The Wydowna Spider Fan Club Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 03:41:12 PM »
:heart: Wydowna :heart:

What is there not to like? She just looks awesomely monsterish! Plus spiders are one of my fave animals - I have kept tarantulas for over 20 years, I've been to Borneo looking for them, I have tattoos of them...so a spider doll is a must!

I totally planning on getting several and having them all rehaired differently too...that white looks awesome on her!

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 03:43:20 PM »
i love EVERYTHING about her, besides that oufit ... i dig the theme, but it could e done soooooo much better, like that last piece of art of her is AWESOME!

think i'm fond of the black and the multi-armed most *nods*
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 03:47:44 PM »
Another photo for your collection :)

PolterGhoul Comic Book by reidelsol, on Flickr

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 03:55:01 PM »
i love EVERYTHING about her, besides that oufit ... i dig the theme, but it could e done soooooo much better, like that last piece of art of her is AWESOME!

think i'm fond of the black and the multi-armed most *nods*

Agree, now that Operetta is out hopefully they can do more work in making Widowna  wit a different theme.

Hopefully they change the shade of the hair, in the pic it looks way too day glow.

Also about unreleased dolls, what happened to the  Headless director?  the last thing we heard was  that she was supposed to be TRU or target exclusive, but that was almost a year ago and still no more  news :what:
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 03:58:00 PM by Sapphire-Light »

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 03:58:08 PM »
I love Wydowna a lot. The only thing that bothers me is the red lipstick on her black skin... I'm scared that it will remind people of blackface and she'll be pulled from the shelves. :cry: (And don't say that can't happen... Game Freak had to redesign the Pokemon Jynx for that very reason.)

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 04:16:30 PM »
Pink: What color rehairs do you have in mind? I'd love to hear.

Kam: Personally I love her outfit, but I think the last outfit is nice too. The more yellow on her, the better. And just think about dressing her in custom clothes; the options are limitless! Granted, unless etsy sellers start making clothing to accommodate her extra arms I'll need to start commissioning outfits.

raye: Oh, it makes me so hopeful!

Sapphire: At least they said they're release the Headmistress. Since she placed last in both SDCC polls, it just makes sense that Wydowna will get some sort of release too. I know some people think that Wydowna and Operetta look too similar, but I think they look different enough to be honest. For one, Operetta hasn't been released with leggings or a vest yet. Operetta says more 'deep south' to me while Wydowna says more 'midwest'. In general, we need another redhead so badly! Based on the comic, I'm really happy Mattel seems to have stuck with that hair color.

Panda: I think that's just absolutely crazy to be honest! Spiders are most commonly black and red lipstick matches red hair! Anyone who makes a 'controversy' over that (and there no doubt will be as well as people saying she's stereotyping Indian gods and the like) are completely off their heads! Some people were ranting about Skelita and Jinafire stereotyping Mexicans and Chinese, but those dolls flew off the shelves! (In a good way!) So I truly don't think anything like that would ever happen.

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 05:27:25 PM »
Have you seen this custom? (not my picture):

Little Miss Spinderella Webs by AMonsterHighGuy, on Flickr
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 05:31:17 PM »
Please make her happen Mattel!!  I've never seen another doll quite like her.  Wy is probably the coolest doll, no question!  All those limbs...just so amazing.  My eyes don't even know where to focus because she's visually so interesting to look at. 

Her skin color is just heaven.  I am getting tired of seeing so many pale girls and light skinned ladies.  Black is beautiful, and there is a serious lack of black dolls!!!  Why is that?  Come on Mattel, step up and diversify. 

I thought this line was supposed to be about "Being Unique": so what is more unique than an 8 limbed doll?!  Mattel has a chance to take something scary to most girls, like spiders, and personalize/glamorize it.  I am a mother of 3 daughters, so I speak from experience when I say that insects can be frightening.  What can be more empowering than to neutralize some of that fear with a friendly, likable and freaky flawed spider monster doll?!  Wy has the opportunity to give life and heart to an otherwise scary creature. 

Trust me, I hate spiders and bugs.  But I can't think of any better 'monster' than a spider doll.  Judging by her picture, Wy looks beautiful and approachable; she personifies unique.  Come on Mattel, take a chance on her!  She's too incredible to scrap.

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 05:31:26 PM »
-snip- Skelita and Jinafire stereotyping Mexicans and Chinese, but those dolls flew off the shelves! (In a good way!) So I truly don't think anything like that would ever happen.

I know this is so off topic, but if anyone complains about Skelita, then they are uneducated about the doll/character, because she was designed as a tribute [by a person of Hispanic origin] to her heritage!!

roselalonde

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 05:42:04 PM »
I love her concept, even though her colors really aren't my favorite. I really loved her in the fanart with pastels, but she's still a gorgeous doll.

I think my favorite part of her is all the arms - think of all the purses she can hold!

Offline blackestbird

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 06:11:43 PM »
Count me as a fan! I love the 'scarier' dolls; I love sig Spectra, even though I don't have her yet, because she actually looks a little creepy. I love Venus, Skelita, Jinafire (I only have Clawdeen from the Scaris line so far, but I will own these girls one day!), and 3-eyed CAM for the same reasons: they're more unique, creative, and more monstery. I'm seriously phobic of spiders but still absolutely love Wydowna. I so hope she gets a release!

Fave thing: her dark color and multi-limbs! She's just so unique, I love that she's actually 8-limbed! Plus I think she'd be such a cute bestie with Mel, my bee CAM :3

Least fave: not overly fond of the styling and all the pink. She reminds me a bit, style-wise, of Operetta, and while I love Operetta's dolls, I just don't want to see similar styling in Wydowna. I do think I'd like the prototype stock in different colors though, the pink/purple is just so overdone. Like I love her boots with the yellow, I wish that translated more in the actual outfit rather than just the accessories; that white-haired fanart, for example, is gorgeous!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 06:14:29 PM by blackestbird »
sig image coming back soon, oops!
:heart: Thank you Nence for my beautiful av; pinkfrappuccino for my adorable sig :heart:
Lyrical Echo Ref  Pony Blog [under construction;relocating]  Commissions: CLOSED for the holidays

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 07:23:32 PM »
She's so lovely and unique! So many arms, so many possibilities. My favorite part is those delicious arms, of course, but I also love her super dark skin, and the contrast with her neon glow hair. :heart: They haaave to make her. :cry:

I like what Michelle said about her making spiders and bugs seem a little less scary. I've never met a vampire I didn't like, but I am TERRIFIED of bugs, so that appeals to me, and would be a new way for me to relate to Monster High.

Offline Airiel

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Professional Parasol Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 09:01:02 PM »
I love her black plastic, I love her six arms, and even though they're creepy as hell, I love her forehead eyeballs!!  Please please please Mattel don't tease us so!

I don't particularly care for her outfit, or the hair color, but she is SO cool regardless.

Airiel

"Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly."

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2013, 05:19:01 AM »
I don't like real life bugs, either, but I do love cute, cartoony ones, so Wydowna doesn't bother me at all! To be honest, I'd love to see more insect monsters in general... I love my bee CAM, but I want more! XD

I do hope that she gets a signature release, though, rather than a Power Ghoul release. Not that I wouldn't get her if she's a Power Ghoul, but I prefer all of my monsters to have casual outfits if they can help it.

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal