collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MH inspired outfits/accs?  (Read 2710 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
MH inspired outfits/accs?
« on: January 10, 2013, 02:24:58 AM »
Hey there!

Okay, please tell me I'm not the only one who has ever thought about wearing MH inspired clothes or accsesories? I'm not talking about the MH costumes you can buy. What I'm talking about are outfits or single pieces of clothing/accessories you assembled or bought because it reminded you of your favorite MH character.

I thought it would be fun to have a thread where us wannabe "fashionistas" can collect the things we find in stores or the ideas we get? Wouldn't that be fun? :)
Now, i'm not a fashion victim. I don't follow trends or brands, I just like to wear what I love and what's comfortable to me.
That's why this isn't supposed to be a thread á la polyvore where you can assemble awesome outfits... that end up being from super expensive brands and none of us can afford them.

So when you post findings, make sure they aren't in the high price category. This is about sharing things others could most likely create or buy themselves.
Alright, let's see if this thing takes off or not XD

If you find stuff on ebay, please keep in mind that linking to live auctions is not allowed (MLPArena rules), but linking to the shops is okay.

I'd like to start with some of my own stuff^^

Ghoulia
Plastic skeleton necklace with heart charm from Bellarocka (one of my fav online shops), 9€
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Definitely check out Bellarocka if you want to find more Ghoulia/Operetta themed fashion and accs!

Cassette tape tote bag bought from ThinkGeek, 10€

Lagoona
Adorable crawfish and lobster charm necklaces I got from Accessorize on clearance sale. Both for just 2€

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
Re: MH inspired outfits/accs?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 07:49:26 AM »
That necklace is super cute! I love DC Howleen's boombox bag XD I want one to take to the gym :D

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 08:48:44 AM »
I have a pair and I love them and the arm warmers.

skelita

http://www.sockdreams.com/products/kawaii-skeleton-over-the-knee:4690

they have arm warmers that match the skeleton socks.

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 09:54:24 AM »

skelita

Those are so awesome! :heart:
I saw them in Japan once, but my legs are too long, the kneecap does not reach my knee. ;o;
I hope to find skeleton-tights in my size one day! xD

Great idea for a thread, Zapper! :>

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 10:05:44 AM »
Ooh great thread!  I sometimes come across statement jewelry that looks like something Cleo would wear.
Snake ring:  http://www.my-wardrobe.com/kenneth-jay-lane/gold-snake-ring-by-kenneth-jay-lane

And the Metropolitan Museum of Art store has a bunch of Egyptian jewelry :-D
Snake earrings:  http://store.metmuseum.org/jewelry/egyptian-snake-drop-earrings/invt/snakeearrings/

They have loads more, but some of them are quite pricey unfortunately:  http://store.metmuseum.org/search?q=egyptian+jewelry&categoryPathRefs=shop#search?q=egyptian+jewelry&categoryPathRefs=shop&pdxtartculturearea=Egyptian+Art&_suid=135784110143708299559404549207

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 02:19:21 PM »
What a great idea!  If I was better at knitting, I'd knit a Deuce Gorgon hat.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 05:57:40 PM »
If I was a chick, I'd totally be paying homage to my favorite monsters through the clothes I wore!

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 04:36:20 PM »
This is an old dress I saw at Kohl's, so you probably couldn't find it if you really wanted it.  Sorry:(  I had to run home and find a pic of it though.  Never got around to showing you guys.  I guess because we never had a thread like this before:)

I think it looks ALOT like one of the dresses given to Lala for her Sweet 1600th:)  What do you think?
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Melissa

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 06:33:17 PM »
If I was a chick, I'd totally be paying homage to my favorite monsters through the clothes I wore!
You can still do it as a guy, you'd just have to be more subtle, like a Skeleton hoodie http://search.hottopic.com/search?p=Q&lbc=hottopic&uid=576333662&ts=custom&af=tab%3aproducts&w=Skeleton%20Hoodie&method=and&view=grid&tab=merch&isort=boy

There's even a guy, Rick “Zombie Boy” Genest, who is tattooed to look like a zombie/skeleton (not necessarily recommending that look...

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 07:23:12 PM »
That necklace is super cute! I love DC Howleen's boombox bag XD I want one to take to the gym :D
LOL my first thought was sig Ghoulia's purse --- but i would TOTALLY rock that bag :heart:

I have found brain earrings -- and I will totally wear anything zombie-ish ^_^

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 08:40:08 PM »
OMG @ the cassette bag!!!!! LOVE!!!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 01:32:15 AM »
Time for a big fat reply :lol:

skelita

Those are so awesome! :heart:
I saw them in Japan once, but my legs are too long, the kneecap does not reach my knee. ;o;
I hope to find skeleton-tights in my size one day! xD

Oyoyoy! Yes, I've been aching to own a pair of these! I also encountered the leg problem, so I just decided that I will make my own using a pair of old tights and some white cloth scraps!

Ooh great thread!  I sometimes come across statement jewelry that looks like something Cleo would wear.
Snake ring:  http://www.my-wardrobe.com/kenneth-jay-lane/gold-snake-ring-by-kenneth-jay-lane

And the Metropolitan Museum of Art store has a bunch of Egyptian jewelry :-D
Snake earrings:  http://store.metmuseum.org/jewelry/egyptian-snake-drop-earrings/invt/snakeearrings/

They have loads more, but some of them are quite pricey unfortunately:  http://store.metmuseum.org/search?q=egyptian+jewelry&categoryPathRefs=shop#search?q=egyptian+jewelry&categoryPathRefs=shop&pdxtartculturearea=Egyptian+Art&_suid=135784110143708299559404549207

!!!
Yes, I have a bunch of Egyptian themed jewelry somewhere around here. Sadly I don't wear it that often because a.) i#m not the jewelry type. I mostly wear a necklace and that's it, and b.) gold isn't my color. Not at all.
But I love Ancient Egypt anyways, not just because of Cleo. In fact, I only have a Cleo because of my love for Ancient Egypt. Originally I didn't want to get her because she didn't look monster-y enough for me. Now I love her and she's strutting her stuff in the "Ancient Egypt" section of my big book shelf ^^

You can still do it. You just need to change the clothes a bit around ;)

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 02:48:43 PM »
This is an old dress I saw at Kohl's, so you probably couldn't find it if you really wanted it.  Sorry:(  I had to run home and find a pic of it though.  Never got around to showing you guys.  I guess because we never had a thread like this before:)

I think it looks ALOT like one of the dresses given to Lala for her Sweet 1600th:)  What do you think?

So I recently realized this dress looks NOTHING like the dress I had in mind :lol:  I just saw it for sale in the Sales and Trades Board, and was shocked at my stupidity!  Mattel is releasing things way too fast!  I can't keep anything straight in my head anymore :blush:

Thanks for not calling me out, guys:)  I have to say, this dress COULD have been a part of the 1600 line.  It fits right in (in my defense :lookround:)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2013, 08:29:23 AM »
Do these necklaces remind you of anyone? :P