collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone else get overwhelmed?  (Read 980 times)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else get overwhelmed?
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2012, 07:55:16 AM »
I feel like the variety of MH dolls appeases my need for variety that I am NOT getting from Hasbro. Also, the little girls seem to like them well enough and it's nice that I don't have to hog all of the dolls :D

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2012, 02:09:51 PM »
I'm overwhelmed at how many I have! I just looked up once and BOOM! I don't have a dining room table anymore... it is all taken up with my dolls! I started counting and almost fainted.... And I love them all :lovey:

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2012, 02:46:16 PM »
I am incredibility overwhelmed!  I'm a completionist, so I've got 'em all (in some cases doubles. Darn you Cupid!) and I've litterally run out of room.  I've got a stack of dolls still in their boxes in the closet because I've got nowhere to put them :cry:  I keep asking my husband to hang some shelves for me, but.....I guess he's got better things to do.  They are taking over!  I just can't move right now.

It's gotten to the point where my buying has slowed.  Why buy them to throw them into the closet?  I've only got the DDG singles to buy, but I just can't do it. 

If I weren't married, I wouldn't have this space issue.  Out of respect to my husband, I keep all my stuff crammed in an extra bedroom (he is embarrassed by my things :cry:)  I wish I could display my things through out our house without guilt and shame.

Ah.  Enough with my pity party....... :party:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2012, 03:19:03 PM »
grzankitter, do you buy your dolls yourself? Are you in a good financial place even with your hobbies? If so, I don't think you should feel guilty or ashamed about collecting what you like, and I hope your husband isn't making you feel bad on purpose :/

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2012, 04:27:35 PM »
Actually, I'm not too sure whose money is paying for my habit :blush:  All our money goes to the same place, and we both use credit and debt cards to pay for everything.  I'm not really involved with our finances.  I do know he makes more than I do, but I work full time and we live well.  Also, we have no children.  He spends a lot too, but on "adult" stuff.

He doesn't make me feel badly to be mean, he's just being honest:(  Still sucks though.  Sometimes I wish I had a partner who was more involved.  He doesn't like seeing them, hearing about them, BUT he still pays the credit card bill every month:)  He's not ALL bad :lol:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2012, 05:22:23 PM »
What about a compromise? You can keep your dolls on one side of the living room, and the other side can be used for his (monster trucks? football memorabilia? Pogs? man, i dunno what men like)

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2012, 06:18:30 PM »
He's a minimalist, something a collector just doesn't understand :biggrin:  He spends his money on clothes, and sports equipment.  I'll feel a lot better once he gets those shelves put in:)

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2012, 07:49:49 PM »
Definitely shelves! I have the majority of my collection herded onto a single bookcase (5 levels/shelves) that's entirely dedicated to them. It goes a long way towards preventing them from taking over my bedroom! I admit, the beach and sports line dolls are in the closet, along with the plushes and a couple of playsets. A second bookcase would give me enough room for absolutely everything, though!

When I do get married, I already know I'm going to be one of those women who dominates the decoration of the house - he's the one who can have one room to himself if he so desires. My surroundings being just right is simply too important to my emotional and mental well-being to accept anything less. Luckily the current boyfriend understands and accepts this easily, since I'm pretty fond of him. :P

And I gotta say, when I first read the original post, I read the words "17 CaMs soon..." and I just about died. Luckily I realized they were including all the CaMs that already exist that total, the thought of having to track down 17 NEW CaMs all at once kind of made me want to cry. e_e

...I guess the next wave of releases will be kind of like that, anyway...  :blush: Man. I'd be lying if I said I never let stress creep into my collecting, or get overwhelmed, especially as a completionist. I think when it's really feeling like no fun anymore one should take a break. I know this line trains us to think otherwise, but everything will still be there one way or another if you decide to come back.

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2012, 08:40:14 PM »
I don't really understand it...just limit yourself? Pick 3 from ones you want...? Something like that...

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2012, 08:45:56 PM »
This was me a few months ago. Now I've kinda gone into a bliss. I haven't bought them in a bit.
Though now that School's Out Lagoona came back out...I'm feeling twitchy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal