collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Vintage Madame Alexander dolls...  (Read 874 times)

Offline PrincessStarlily

• Ponyland Historian
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Jeremiah 29:11 - God has a plan for you!
    • View Profile
Vintage Madame Alexander dolls...
« on: February 08, 2012, 03:14:17 PM »
Hi everyone!  :good:

I came here to query about some vintage Madame Alexander dolls that have come to be in my possession...

I have six original MA dolls in beautiful condition, that appear to be from an international countries collection. I have Googled these particular dolls many times, just curious of their value, but nothing but the modern international collection shows up!  :(

A bit of history—my great-grandmother gave these dolls to my mother, who in turn gave them to me. That’s it, really. Unfortunately I have not found any dates on any of the dolls (answers?), but my mother remembers them being given to her in the 70’s.

The dolls tags state as follows: “Ireland”, “Italy”, “France”, “Israel”, “Austria”, and “Brazil”. All of the dolls are in beautiful condition, their only visible flaw being some slightly frizzy hair; and missing articles being one missing shoe (Ireland), and perhaps France’s and/or Israel’s hat(s) (not sure if they had hats  :huh: ).

I am extremely curious of their individual and/or group value and rarity, as well as history, if anyone can provide it. I have absolutely no plans of selling them—they are and will continue to be family heirlooms, and even if they do not prove to be rare of sought after, they will always be valuable to me.  ^.^

Here are some pictures that should prove useful in identification.  :satisfied:

Ireland
Italy
France
Israel
Austria
Brazil
All the dolls

Thank you ever so much!!  ^.^

Starlily
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 03:54:27 PM by PrincessStarlily »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Storm.Runner for my avatar and SDS for my sig!
Painted LaceMelody RoseJuniper JoyStarlily

Offline wolflair

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Madame Alexander dolls...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 04:41:52 PM »
I am not familiar with Madam Alexander dolls at all.  But you might want to get in touch with The people a the Denver Doll Emporium.  The owner has a deal of knowledge pertaining to antique dolls.  Even if she doesn't have the information she may be able to help you find someone who does.  Or find a doll store in your area.  Worse comes to worse call someone who deals in estate or antiques toys.  They can give you a great idea of their worth.
Hope this helps!  Good luck.

Offline PrincessStarlily

• Ponyland Historian
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Jeremiah 29:11 - God has a plan for you!
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Madame Alexander dolls...
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 04:56:32 PM »
Thanks, wolflair.  :)  If you hear of anyone here on the Arena who might be familiar with them, please let me know!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Storm.Runner for my avatar and SDS for my sig!
Painted LaceMelody RoseJuniper JoyStarlily

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal