collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Licca Dolls?  (Read 2565 times)

Offline Dawn

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Licca Dolls?
« on: February 03, 2012, 02:19:25 PM »
I'm afraid I'm a complete newbie when it comes to dolls (this is my first post in the dollhouse  :blush: ) but I'm sortof considering buying one, mainly because I want an excuse to sew tiny clothes! The type that's attracted me the most so far are the licca dolls by Takara - they have the cutest faces of any dolls I've seen, and are around my price-range - but I thought I'd come and ask the doll experts a few silly questions before purchasing ^.^

Firstly, does anyone collect these (or jenny dolls), or has any pretty pictures of them, I'd be so greatful :-)

Second (this is a bit more specific) do you think it would be possible to pull the head off a licca doll and stick it on one of the modern Barbie bodies with the jointed arms and legs? Would the skin-tones and/or neck-sizes match up? As I already mentioned, I'm a complete noob - I've heard about people doing things like this to other dolls, but I guess it's more difficult than I'm imagining it :S

Thanks a lot in advance!  :lovey:

Dibbles

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Licca Dolls?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 03:13:46 PM »
I'm not an expert, but I just bought my first Licca from a member here, nude for $10. They can tend to be a little pricey. People sell them on eBay, but the shipping is ridiculous.

Most Barbie bodies are probably going to be too tan for Licca. She's considerably paler than Barbie. As for attaching the head, I have no idea. I know she can be Obitsued, but that's the extent of my knowledge.

Offline Dawn

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 03:22:03 PM »
Thanks for the info :-)
I've been trying to find out more about putting lica heads on obitsu bodies on the internet, and I haven't got far...
I can't seem to be able to find out for sure whether the heads suit the 23cm or the 11cm obitsu bodies, and whether I'd need the normal or the light skin tone? And then there's the problem that I have no idea where to buy obitsus in the first place - dolls are way more complicated than I thought  :huh:

Offline piper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.puddnheadpixie.com
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 03:32:36 PM »
I don't know much about licca dolls or obitsu bodies, however, I do know that licca bodies fit Blythe very well! (lol)

This is my Blythe on a licca bod:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Whoooooooooooo! by Robin playing with dollies, on Flickr

I have a Jenny - I can take pics of her for you tomorrow :D

[edit to add]

I think Licca head would fit just fine on an obitsu body - I found this site which shows blythe body / licca body / obitsu body comparisons and it seems the neck fitting is very similar on all 3

http://www.freewebs.com/axxessorii/dollup/tutcompbods.html

Hope that (maybe) helps?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 03:35:58 PM by piper »
 ex-owner of www.mylittlecustoms.com ;)

Dibbles

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 03:34:20 PM »
And since you asked...here's my only photo of my girl right now:

She doesn't have any clothes or shoes yet, but I put her in a Bratz top and Lagoona's shorts for now.

Offline Dawn

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 01:40:41 AM »
And since you asked...here's my only photo of my girl right now:

She doesn't have any clothes or shoes yet, but I put her in a Bratz top and Lagoona's shorts for now.
Aww, she's gorgeous :-) Such shiny hair!
Good to know that they can wear bratz clothes

Post Merge: February 04, 2012, 01:47:42 AM

I don't know much about licca dolls or obitsu bodies, however, I do know that licca bodies fit Blythe very well! (lol)

This is my Blythe on a licca bod:

Whoooooooooooo! by Robin playing with dollies, on Flickr

I have a Jenny - I can take pics of her for you tomorrow :D

[edit to add]

I think Licca head would fit just fine on an obitsu body - I found this site which shows blythe body / licca body / obitsu body comparisons and it seems the neck fitting is very similar on all 3

http://www.freewebs.com/axxessorii/dollup/tutcompbods.html

Hope that (maybe) helps?
Aww, cute Blythe :3 I've been able to find quite a lot of sites showing how to but Blythe heads on Licca bodies but not much about what to do with all the spare Licca heads! There must a lot of them floating around o.O
Thanks for sharing this site, I hadn't found it whilst looking myself, but it's really useful :)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 01:47:43 AM by Dawn »

lishe

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 09:19:36 AM »
Licca is about 23cm, so you probably want the 23cm Obitsu bodies. I used to have a few Jenny dolls, but fell out of that hobby quite quickly... Licca and Jenny have the most amazing clothes from Takara! I love some of their dress sets, especially the calendar dolls. They are incredibly detailed!

SuniMoon

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 10:45:16 AM »
Try a 23cm body or the 25cm, if you want to rebody one. Skintone may be tough to match, though. I've popped licca heads onto those bodies before, though, and proportionally they look really good. Obitsu bodies are amazing.

And d'aww, Dibbles, she looks cuute in that top. :3

Dibbles

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 10:01:53 PM »
Aww guys, Licca says thank you.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal