collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: First carboot sale of the year...  (Read 1556 times)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: First carboot sale of the year...
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2018, 03:03:17 AM »
XD I'm not stalking you, I promise :D I saw your pictures from Brent TRU as well :D

I was in Ewell, so I guess she was doing the rounds. Her actual ponies were mostly fakies :/  I am entirely reliant on public transport but it is quite accessible, just a slog.

I sometimes go to Pimlico and Battersea within London but I am not such a fan of the tarmac car park carboot sale. I grew up in a much less cityish area and my favourite ever carboot sale was in walking distance of my parents' home - it is where so many of my ponies came from in the nineties, trade and collection - but it got closed down about 10 years ago and then they built on the field, so when I'm home I can't go carbooting :( All the other carboot sales require you to have a car and I can't navigate so I can't drive :(

So when I found there was a field carboot I could get to from here I was so happy :D

I might not be in London beyond this summer, though, as my funding ends - so I guess I'm making the most of it..?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Mlp Sunsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Sparkles are great, but Sunsparkles are better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2018, 10:17:09 AM »
Congratulations on your finds! Is g3 fluttershy’s hair A more blue purple as opposed to pinkish? I think there’s a version of each, and I wonder if the frizz is due to poor quality and not just over brushing
best of luck for future car boots,
Mlp Sunsparkle x

Sig made by: Sapphire Rain
Instagram: mlp_sunsparkle

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2018, 11:31:53 AM »
Congratulations on your finds! Is g3 fluttershy’s hair A more blue purple as opposed to pinkish? I think there’s a version of each, and I wonder if the frizz is due to poor quality and not just over brushing
best of luck for future car boots,
Mlp Sunsparkle x

Hrm! I didn't know that O.O *bows to G3 expert* I am not sure, because I no longer have the original Fluttershy and so can't check pictures against this one. But it might have a slightly bluish tint to it. It's definitely not pinkish, so should I assume she's the cheaper reissue? Her hair after serious washing is softer at the top now, near her head, but I haven't tried to brush her yet. I think I need a heavy duty barbie brush or something because she'll break the teeth otherwise. Right now the bottom inch or so looks like pure frizz. She had a bobble in it when I got her and I had to cut it out to get it free so there is some level of abuse involved as well...

Her tail is rough/dry but not at all frizzy and will probably brush out fine.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal