collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The things that live in my attic...(warning, very pic heavy)  (Read 1449 times)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Yeah, I know that's not a brag type title, but as some people know I've been sorting the pony stuff in the attic over the last few months, trying to downsize, organise and such like. I've already been through a lot of stuff, and there is still more to go.

So, yesterday, we had a few boxes down, and this is what appeared. I took photos of some (not all, too much) of the stuff that came down. Some of it is from my childhood, some is just too cute or unique and some of it I had no idea was even up there. So! To begin - this is what came out of my attic just during sorting yesterday.

PONY CLOTHING ITEMS
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Bridal Beauty slippers. And, if she's not your thing, how about...

Princess Sparkle slippers instead!

These mittens are from 1985 and feature Cherries Jubilee. They're marked Hasbro UK. I would have had hands small enough to wear them in 1985 -but sadly these are not from my childhood!

No idea where this 1989 Newborn Pony tracksuit came from!

PONY PLAYSETS
Yesterday's playset sorting focus were the Kitchen, which I got for Christmas, 1992:

and my beloved very first playset from 1986, Dream Castle! I set the ponies up like on the box. I remember keeping the box for this because Windy was pictured on it (she was my first pony). The display photo therefore features that very first Windy and my childhood Majesty in imitation of one of the sides of the box (sadly too damaged to photograph).

Here are some images of the original UK box (stamped inside 1986, outside 1985)

As a child I stuck all my stickers on Dream Castle. There are a lot of ominous empty white backs there now. Some I salvaged before, but others have been lost (including the Mountain Boy ones, I suspect.) However, two surprises still lingering on the main tower, all the way from 1987-8 and my childhood:

Ripple and Sunshower, my only two sea ponies as a child :D I thought their stickers were lost, but apparently not...
 The name cards from Snuzzle's Grooming Parlour. Didn't know I actually had them,but I do - with the notorious "Storm" card.

PONY STATIONERY STUFF
A lot of this is from my childhood, which is probably evident by looking at the condition of it ;)

Pencil Toppers Bubbles, Seashell and Cotton Candy. Bubbles came to school with me a lot. She still has the end of a pencil stuck inside of her..>.>

Holographic rulers. Very 1980s. They have mathematical tables on the back. The one at the bottom is my childhood one. Two of the ponies are Pinwheel and Baby Firefly, illustrating the point that ponies not sold here were a big part of the merchandise. Which takes me onto:

two really precious parts of my childhood school stationery collection. The scissors are actually broken now. I cried when they broke; and still kept them. Surprise and Skyflier are featured. Neither pony was sold here but that didn't really seem to matter to Hasbro. The padlock is also a pencil sharpener.

This came from a set in my childhood. I still have the Blossom talcum powder pot in my accessories box, too. Obviously empty, very faded and discoloured but nostalgic. I remember originally the set had a Cotton Candy heart shaped soap with a sticker on the top. I stuck the sticker on the wall of the bathroom in our old house I think...

This one was from a carboot sale. I'm sure I had a Tassels one a while back but sold it. I didn't realise I had more...

My Little Pony Club badges from my childhood, plus one from 1986.

Drink mat from the 1987 pony club. Well used >.>.

Poor Glory!

Summer Heatwave hairclip from my childhood. Sister and I both had one. I used to wear mine to school sometimes.

Sister's pony jigsaw featuring Baby Lemon Drop. The same image appears on a framed picture.

What on earth these were doing up there I have no idea. Don't even remember buying them. Coquette, Coquine and...something else..?

Birthday cards and badges from my sister's 6th birthday ;) One featuring MerryGoRound Ponies, the other SUnshine Ponies.

UK Pony advent calendar (made in Essex)! I did not know I had this. Again, featuring ponies not sold in the UK. Joy.

UK pony lunchboxes. I used to have one with Dancing BUtterflies and Love Melody on it when I was at primary school, and I also had a flask with the Bow Tie design on it.

The awesome infamous My Little Pony Song Tape (7 Songs and a Story). All the songs and the story can be downloaded from the Scrapbook (link in sig, check 1985 Groom and Style Ponies). As a kid I knew it by heart. It was also a record, but mine was the cassette.

Tape inlay.

Cassette carry case featuring Sprinkles. This is actually full of all the tapes/stories and books that I've found so far, but I didn't apparently take a photograph of them. I'm giving them over to my Dad to digitise!

So that was my adventure into the attic yesterday.

I have a bunch of other stuff from other days sorting but the only other thing not from yesterday that I want to share in this post is this, because it's very precious from my childhood (you will think me mad...)
Spoiler

This is a shoebox from my childhood. I am not sure if I still have the shoes. I have this feeling I turned them into puppets when I outgrew them, but the box I always kept. The lid has gone, sadly, but the designs on it are so pretty I still love them now. It's a bit battered and has been dismantled but is still a wonderful piece of UK pony merchandise to me.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The things that live in my attic...(warning, very pic heavy)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 08:03:12 AM »
Love all of the g1 merchandise! You had hands small enough for those gloves in 85, I didn't have hands yet. :P

I'd love to get my hands on the holographic rulers and the hairbow. I have some cool g1 clothing myself I still need to post. I showed some MIB kids shoes in the past. I bought the pencil toppers from someone in the UK, there are more, same ponies in different poses. Not sure if there were any other ponies.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 08:27:56 AM »
Love all of the g1 merchandise! You had hands small enough for those gloves in 85, I didn't have hands yet. :P
LOL you realise that does make it sound like you randomly decided to grow them one day ;) I was 3 in 1985. :D

I'd love to get my hands on the holographic rulers and the hairbow.

Yeah, they're both very precious things to me. I don't know where the second ruler came from, but probably the car boot. Pretty sure all are UK centric items.

I have some cool g1 clothing myself I still need to post.

My sister had a dress as a kid with Lickety Split on. It was second hand, and I was so jealous of her for having it (she was still really little then so it fit her). I think we've got a nightdress somewhere, and we used to have roller boots but got rid of them I think. Oh, and the earmuffs. Can't forget the earmuffs. I also have a really cute hot water bottle from when I was a kid, somewhere in my room...

I bought the pencil toppers from someone in the UK, there are more, same ponies in different poses. Not sure if there were any other ponies.
Mm, I have a few others floating round my room which I need to check poses on. I don't remember any other characters but that doesn't mean anything at all. They are really cute though. They used to come up really often at carboot sales but not so much now sadly :-/.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 08:30:46 AM »
lol I said it that way to be funny. :P

Also at first glance I thought the mittens were boxing gloves, hahaha. I never owned mittens (people were made fun of horribly for having mittens), so I'm not as used to seeing them and first thought was boxing gloves??

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 08:31:18 AM »
Oh my!!! A wealth of pony merch!  That's so amazing that you kept all that stuff, I'm impressed!! Thanks for sharing the pics, they made my morning!  :biggrin:

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 08:45:24 AM »
lol I said it that way to be funny. :P
Ah, good xD My sense of humour is offbeat sometimes so I was hoping you wouldn't be offended by my comment. I just visualised you as a sea pony instead...

Also at first glance I thought the mittens were boxing gloves, hahaha. I never owned mittens (people were made fun of horribly for having mittens), so I'm not as used to seeing them and first thought was boxing gloves??

XDDDDD I never thought of them like that, but you're right!!

Quote from: buttonso
Oh my!!! A wealth of pony merch!  That's so amazing that you kept all that stuff, I'm impressed!! Thanks for sharing the pics, they made my morning!  :biggrin:

Thank you! Though I am a bit afraid of what stuff there still is up there to come down....
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 09:38:57 AM »
hahaha Yes, I am a seapony. :D

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 10:13:51 AM »
oooooooooooooooh so many precious items <3 thanks so much for sharing!

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2015, 09:49:56 PM »
Oh wow, so much I want to comment on, but too much!

But I do want to talk about that bubble bath bottle shaped like a pony! I have the Tassles one! I got it when I was a kid (and I think it was new at the time?). I never, ever see people post about those bottles and I wasn't even sure that there were ones of other ponies! Very cool. :)

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2015, 12:44:04 AM »
Ah, that's so cool! I wonder if it was just those 2 or whether there were more..
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2015, 01:56:04 AM »
I want an attic like yours! So many goodies

G2s from left to right are Golden Glow, Jolly and Light Heart (some fancy variant) ;)

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2015, 05:49:32 AM »
You have such a wide variety of merch that you could totally start a museum. Thanks for sharing!

divalei

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2015, 06:43:23 AM »
Oh, wow!

I used have one of those pencil toppers, rearing Bubbles. Pony slippers! I want~

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2015, 07:17:47 AM »
First  of all with the ominous title I didn't realize it was a brag cuz I didn't pay attention to which forum it was. I thought it was in the WYP section. Lol whoops!

Second how could this not be a brag? You have a veritable treasure trove of stuff I didn't know existed. Wow! I love it.

Third those are not Mittens, they are boxing gloved that are used whenever annoying relatives try to swipe your ponies.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2015, 09:20:46 AM »
Haha xD Sorry, I really didn't know what to title it considering it's such a mix of stuff! And apparently it's a majority vote for Boxing Gloves, so I shall officially recatalogue them as boxing mittens (the 1980s were rough in the UK for pony girls >.> we used to have to defend our territory!)

@Moonbreeze, thanks for the info on the G2. You're right, I hadn't even noticed but that is definitely a version of Lightheart. It doesn't say so on her card so it threw me, but that's possibly a misprint since I think it says Coquine twice instead. Golden Glow I couldve sworn I already sold, unless I had two. I know Copper Glow is living in my room, but I am sure I sold Golden Glow and Silver Glow. Oh well O.o. Or maybe Silver Glow is also living in my room, since two of them fell on me the other week...hrm....makes me more and more curious about my G2 collection since I tend to just think of having Ivy and Sky Skimmer and Berry Bright and such.

I also found a Merry Moments MOC but she was already packed away by the time I took photos. And a loose Lightheart who was apparently seeking adventure, and who is now down with my G4 until I find her friends...

...The scary thing is that, three or four years ago, I downsized the merchandise we had. The other scary thing is that this doesn't include what came down two days before...or what I'm getting rid of. We literally used to buy anything mlp we saw, new or at car boot sales, and this is the result. It's not quite pony hoarding...but...

Today Paradise Estate and the Satin Slipper came down. My PE is in terrible condition and I got it that way. Sigh. At least Satin Slipper cleaned up nicely...

Also, I currently have on my table here a deflated helium balloon featuring Bubbles that I had when I was a small kid. I don't know how to best store it. Any ideas?

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal