collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Once Upon A Pony Story: Friends Re-united Super special Nirvana brag (pic heavy)  (Read 1293 times)

Offline ponies4me

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Die hard Tales fan
    • View Profile
    • Online Shop
What a great story, and I love that this is more of a reunion instead of a 'I must have it' story.

Question: Your Paradise. Does it have glitter symbols? I can't tell.

I came across a non so soft (I thought it was deflocked) with glitter symbols. I later then went to check to see if my so soft had glitter symbols under the flocking and it does not. This pony I saw was a buy it now on eBay for a low price. It was advertised as a deflocked pony and now I'm thinking it might have been a nirvana and if that's the case, I'm going to go kick myself for not snagging that deal.
Want List
LF: Baby Gametime and Li'l Cupcake (fair to mint conditions)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Thank you :D

No, her symbols aren't glittery. I haven't heard of a Paradise with glittery symbols before, either. It's possible I suppose that if someone deflocked her, someone glittered her symbols...

The thing is that even the movie set we had here in the UK without flocking did not have glittery symbols. They all had painted ones, even Buttons whose symbol is different from the So Soft. Paradise advertised with the estate (as a prototype) would have been from the same year, and it's doubtful that they would have glittered her symbols when they had pretty much stopped doing that by 1987. The booklet the prototype image comes from is a Hasbro UK one but I don't have it, only scans Prance sent me, and they're not clear enough to see whether for some reason the symbols are glittered in that picture.

Paradise the SS, though, did come out in 85 or 86 I think? I don't know...probability of an early prototype with glittered symbols for a pony that never happened vs a deflock who had been glittered? If the seller said it was a deflock it probably was one though, because why would you advertise it as a deflock if it wasn't one? If it was a Brazilian one or other country one, anyhow, it states it under the hooves...the seller would have known.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ponies4me

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Die hard Tales fan
    • View Profile
    • Online Shop
Okay, I feel better now. The listing did not mention anything about her symbol, and I would assume the glitter would have come off during deflocking. I guess we will never know. If I ever see one again, I'm definitely getting it. Thank you so much for the response!
Want List
LF: Baby Gametime and Li'l Cupcake (fair to mint conditions)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal