collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone else obsessed with shopkins?  (Read 735 times)

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Anyone else obsessed with shopkins?
« on: November 26, 2015, 03:19:56 PM »
I just dumped $150 on them today--best party they were buy one get one %50 off. I'm in the process of making a store roombox. No limited editions yet :( Anyone else collect them? Also, the shoppie dolls are adorable!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else obsessed with shopkins?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 10:30:41 PM »
I got 7 of the ornaments with the Christmas exclusives. Best of all I didn't get a single dupe.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Seachanger

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 03:36:04 PM »
We have a lot of them and several playsets too. We've slowed down a little in collecting though. I got two of the Christmas ornaments but I haven't opened them yet. I didn't know they have Christmas exclusives inside. Are they just re-colors? (Edit: autocorrect mistake)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 04:27:12 PM by Seachanger »
Thanks devonshireRed for the avi!

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 03:40:37 PM »
We have a lot of them and several players too. We've slowed down a little in collecting though. I got two of the Christmas ornaments but I haven't opened them yet. I didn't know they have Christmas exclusives inside. Are they just re-colors?

It's only the metallic red, gold, and silver ornaments that have festive season 3 recolors. The teal ornaments just have regular season 3 Shopkins.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Seachanger

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 04:28:38 PM »
We have a lot of them and several players too. We've slowed down a little in collecting though. I got two of the Christmas ornaments but I haven't opened them yet. I didn't know they have Christmas exclusives inside. Are they just re-colors?

It's only the metallic red, gold, and silver ornaments that have festive season 3 recolors. The teal ornaments just have regular season 3 Shopkins.

Oh ok! I have only seen the teal ones at Target here. What stores would have the other ones so I can look for them?

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 09:47:52 PM »

Oh ok! I have only seen the teal ones at Target here. What stores would have the other ones so I can look for them?

The other ones were a TRU Exclusive and they were on sale for Black Friday (Thursday in states that allow it). I dunno if they were only for Black Friday or if they will have more in after. They were a little more expensive than the blind baskets but it is the only way to get the festive recolors.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2015, 10:01:11 PM »
I only collect ones I really like. Which is mostly the candy/sweets themed ones. So like ice cream, cupcakes, candy, etc. I also have one Shoppie, Jessicake. I also want Donatina once she comes out here. I mostly buy mine off of eBay because I wasn't having much luck with the blind baskets. I wasn't limiting which ones I bought in the beginning, but I've now added any I don't want to my sales thread.

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 07:21:14 AM »
With me I'm not looking for a complete collection but whatever I can get is what I get. The only ones I wasn't in love with were the shoes tho some of them are starting to grow on me. I usually get 12 packs (except for the festive exclusive ornaments) because I hope to get a Limited and I've only heard of them being found in 12 packs. As much as I like some of the playset ones I've managed to avoid buying the playsets.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 07:25:02 AM by Wardah »

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Seachanger

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 05:15:57 PM »
We just get whatever we like best. But my girls especially love the blind baskets. We like the playsets because it's so fun to display the shopkins on them and they also have great play value. Shopkins are kind of what we collect together. I have other collections that are just mine. And my older daughter has her doll collection. So shopkins are a shared thing for us.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal