collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Build-A-Bear!  (Read 677 times)

Offline RainbowRay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • so very rainbow
    • View Profile
Build-A-Bear!
« on: November 14, 2015, 10:24:14 AM »
(Has here been a general Build-A-Bear thread yet? I haven't seen one. There should be one!)

The other day I went into town to get myself one of BAB's new Stormfly plushies as they were released. They're so cute!! So I'm a little excited about it and I wanted to show off my little collection of BAB plushies, and see if anyone else wanted to share theirs too! :D

Here are my HTTYD dragons!
The night fury is named Jet, I got him when the night furies were first released (and they were selling out very fast then) and he's been my #1 sleeping companion since then. I gave him some soft custom-made wings so he's more cuddly. He's been hugged so much that his scale pattern is quite smoothed now, and he's extra floppy lol!
The nadder's name is Flash and she's banana scented! A strange little quirk I noticed yesterday: her tail only has a scaly texture on the right side, and the left is smooth. Weird! She's special :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Wolves! The werewolf is named Banana Bread and is another of my fave sleeping companions. I love the glowing stars and moons :D
The regular wolf... actually never got a name, whoops. That one is my oldest BAB plush. Maybe I should name it...

Oh, and I also have a Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Sweetie Belle too!

So that's all of mine. Please feel free to show off yours and tell me about them!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Build-A-Bear!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 10:46:17 AM »
I don't live close to a Build a Bear but I have three of them. Frozen Elsa Bear (my first Build a Bear) and MLP Princess Twilight Sparkle and Princes Luna.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 11:28:23 AM »
Since I got Rainbow Dash I've ended up with...a few  :blush: The staff are sooo lovely in my local store that I really love going  :lol: I have Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Twilight, Trixie, Luna, Celestia, Cadence, and Bubbles, as well as the CMC and Spike.

Non-MLP, I have a fox small fry, Toothless, and one of their Reindeer - Cupid. I intend to get the white reindeer they've released this year  :biggrin:
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 12:00:11 PM »
Your wolves and dragons are soooo cute <3 I love the glowing moons wolfie, hes so precious <3
OMG, I thankfully dont live that near to a BaBW store ... otherwise I would have tons of bears, ponies and everything o.o
Well, me and my daughter are pretty addicted to BaBW plushies. We have quite a few !
My daughter owns Fluttershy, Princess Luna, a bulldog (she named him Krumpel) and a blue-and-purple bear (she named her Blue Diamond) with glowing ears and nose that makes a "glittering-magic" sound when you squeeze her paw.
I own only ponies; Pinkie Pie (my first BaBW plushie ever, got her used from eBay back then), Rainbow Dash (my first self-stuffed plushie), Rarity, Twilight, Zecora and Muffin Pony.
I totally want more of them!! :D I would love to add more ponies to my BaBW collection but I totally would love any other animal! A tiger or a kitty or a dinosaur for example... Im also dreaming of an owl (a great horned owl would be awesome!!!!!) <3

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 11:22:15 PM »
I love Build-a-Bear! :heart: I have a black bear with video game PJs that my bf recorded a message in, a pink bear in Hello Kitty PJs to go with it, one of the bears that gives a donation for sick kids (can't remember exact organization and arthritis is flaring too much tonight to look it up) and a white kitty in a blue silk dress.

Haven't gone in a couple years--the closest BAB is 2 1/2 hours away--but I'd love to go again sometime. :)

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline RainbowRay

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • so very rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 07:01:08 AM »
@CupidStrikes
Ah the white reindeer is very cute! And her antlers light up too! I do like the plushies with light up features. Don't have any myself yet, but I may go for one if they make one I reeeally like. I almost went for the blue dragon, but I think that one ended up being recalled for some reason?  :huh:

Also I like how the catalogue describes her as the strongest and fastest reindeer of all. I bet kids will love that, hehe  :P

@Einhornbaby
Thanks! The werewolves are really cute! I love glow in the dark things, and werewolves :D

Oh, and I have seen some dinosaurs in stores here. I think there is a tyrannosaurus and a brachiosaurus, and I think the tyrannosaurus might also be a hand puppet, which is always fun!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2015, 08:34:12 AM »
@CupidStrikes
Ah the white reindeer is very cute! And her antlers light up too! I do like the plushies with light up features. Don't have any myself yet, but I may go for one if they make one I reeeally like. I almost went for the blue dragon, but I think that one ended up being recalled for some reason?  :huh:

I was tempted to get the dragon as I love dragons and his colour scheme was lovely<3 I left it too long and he disappeared :( I guess because of the recall? (apparently the stitching on his belly wasn't very strong so some had split?). I think Glisten has tinsel in her fur, though, so I'm hesitant. My reindeer also has the tinsel fur and it's quite abrasive (why you would want to make a plush aimed at young children less huggable for the sake of looks is beyond me), so I'm hoping they've improved it. I'll prolly call her Glimmer over "Glisten" though xD
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.

Offline RainbowRay

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • so very rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2015, 10:46:34 AM »
I was tempted to get the dragon as I love dragons and his colour scheme was lovely<3 I left it too long and he disappeared :( I guess because of the recall? (apparently the stitching on his belly wasn't very strong so some had split?). I think Glisten has tinsel in her fur, though, so I'm hesitant. My reindeer also has the tinsel fur and it's quite abrasive (why you would want to make a plush aimed at young children less huggable for the sake of looks is beyond me), so I'm hoping they've improved it. I'll prolly call her Glimmer over "Glisten" though xD

Ah yeah, I remember seeing stuff about the belly seam bursting, that'll be what it was. That's too bad :( Poor dragons.

I agree that the tinsely fur is a bit of an odd choice. I mean, it does look very pretty, but scratchiness isn't ideal! I hope they might have gone for some softer tinsel or something this time around.

I actually keep wanting to call her Glimmer too, lol. Seems like a more natural choice for a name. Glisten does make sense though, it's like that Christmas song with 'snow glistening,' right?

Oh, and have you seen the Glisten tree ornaments?? They are really adorable! I'm quite tempted by them, they're not too expensive as well. My dad and brothers would probably roll their eyes a ton if I tried to hang one on our tree though, lol.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2015, 01:54:14 PM »
I actually keep wanting to call her Glimmer too, lol. Seems like a more natural choice for a name. Glisten does make sense though, it's like that Christmas song with 'snow glistening,' right?

Oh, and have you seen the Glisten tree ornaments?? They are really adorable! I'm quite tempted by them, they're not too expensive as well. My dad and brothers would probably roll their eyes a ton if I tried to hang one on our tree though, lol.

I'm assuming they wanted "in the lane/snow is glistening" kinda thing but....eh, it sounds like a pretty awkward name to me!  :lol:

I did! I'm definitely going to get one of them and sit it at the bottom of my mini-tree  :biggrin: The bear ornament is cute, too!

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2015, 04:21:47 PM »
I love BABW.  I made two as a kid, plus was given another couple when I was older (teenage-ish), and made one as an adult.  I'm impatiently awaiting the Pikachu though!  I've already made Mr. Zenna promise to go with me when they release it.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2015, 04:34:11 PM »
I was just there today and made a toothless! It was a nice experience compared to last time. The last time I went to make a pony (Twilight) the worker doing the stuffing was a bit rude and down talked me for making a plush for myself at my age :/

I have a tiny little collection. My oldest is a Husky named Aleu (after Balto II) that I got when I was younger when one of my cousins had a party at BAB. I also have a pink leopard named Priscilla and a cheetah named Tyler.

Pony wise , I have Zecora, Sweetie Belle, Twilight, Spike, and Fluttershy. I plan on getting more side characters soon!

I'd also like to see if I can talk my boyfriend into building a bear/animal together and have him record a custom saying for it. Dunno if I can convince him though  :P
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2015, 05:04:25 PM »
My first BABW was the unicorn, then the pretty purple pony. Hubby has the WWF giant panda. Also made mom Mumble for her birthday.
Then we have all the MLP ones.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2015, 02:12:47 AM »
Oh man, I LOVE Build a Bear!! I've sorta become addicted since they started making the ponies!! :blush: Lemme see if I can find pics!

And recently I scored the Llama when she went to the outlet store! (Which I think is like clearance?) I wanted her soooo bad, but by the time I found out she existed, she was retired!

And to finish... my very first Build a Bear! :P

Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2015, 01:21:36 PM »
I love BAB, though there isn't one near where I live. Every time I do get a chance to go, though, I am so tempted -- I want all of the stuffed animals! There are some really cute colorful ones that they had the last time I was there. But since they tend to be pretty expensive, I don't actually have many BABs. I only have one pony and a few others that I have gotten here and there. I DO have one of the VERY FIRST BAB animals EVER, though! When the store first opened I went and got the original Koala. :) She has some clothes, too. I'll try to find some pictures. :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal