collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 37132 times)

Offline Saiko

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2012, 11:00:57 PM »
UKers - Skull Shores are half price at Argos! £4.99!
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9035870.htm
(Does this need a thread of its own?)
:heart:

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2012, 11:02:38 PM »
*squeaks into new thread* I thought you were all dead for a few hours. :doh: /should learn to count to 100
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2012, 01:33:14 AM »
Has anyone else noticed that the newer Operetta dolls are slightly different to the signature doll insofar as they have pinker skin and also their arm tattoos are brown instead of black?

My sig Operetta has annoyingly loose hips (despite having the plastic pegs) and I thought I could swap her head onto a DDG or RM Operetta until I discovered those discrepancies. I prefer the more lavender skin and the black tattoo coloring.

Anyone got any ideas on how to tighten up her hips so her legs don't flop around so much? Her knees are OK. It's just her hips. I wonder if it's because she's got two different pegs in there (one is white, the other is green) and they don't go together properly or something. When her legs are straight, there is a little bit of a gap between them and her pelvis.

hmm i have khols operetta and sig..  but they both look the same with skintone s and tatoos to me.  I wouldn't know about rollermaze or ddg though cuz i don't have them.  (Really want that ddg operetta though!!)
 one thing i think might make her skin tone look alittle different is the diference in face up colors. 

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2012, 02:55:49 AM »
one thing i think might make her skin tone look alittle different is the diference in face up colors.
Nah, it's not that, cos I wasn't really looking at their faces, just their bodies. I could take a pic, I suppose.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2012, 06:44:35 AM »
Nah, it's not that, cos I wasn't really looking at their faces, just their bodies. I could take a pic, I suppose.
It's probably just the difference between China-made dolls and Indonesian ones. My DDG Operetta is way pinker than the Signature one too.

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2012, 12:51:08 PM »
Just saw on TV that Ghouls Rule will air on Nickelodeon tomorrow night at 7pm EST! :)
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2012, 01:08:17 PM »
In the interest of science, Ravie risked ruining her toys last night to see if the Coffin bean furniture came apart and went back together fairly easily. The answer is yes. Now she must wait for her second set, find some spraypaint and paint that EYESEARING blue loveseat. Probably the chair as well. Also ned to raise the love seats up a tad, I don't even thing howleen is short enough to fit in there right.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2012, 01:10:46 PM »
Yeah, that thing is really low (and blue) XD It's cute, though, my Jackson is slouched on it with his long legs sticking way out  :biggrin:

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2012, 01:11:21 PM »
I think I want to take advantage of Mattel Shop's buy 3 get 1 free sale, but I only need 3 dolls.  The DDG singles.  Thinking about buying an extra DDG single to modify the dresses.  Has anyone taken the sheer cover off the dresses?  I've seen Spectra's (thanks Chi :lol:)  Anyone have any pics of the other two?  Also, are the DDG 3 pack dresses the same type (cute dotted mini covered by an ugly sheer top) as the singles?
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Ravie

• View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2012, 01:15:19 PM »
@Zombelina - i don't dislike it in general, but when trying to get pics, there's a 'looking-up' thing they do when they're sitting in it. Plus I'm sort of designing a set-up. he blue and red don't fit with how i se it.

@grzankitter - the 3pk ghouls don't have any sheer bits. Draculaura has that weirdly made dress, Abbey's is scraggly layers, and Ghoulia actually had the best one with a little bell skirt and a single puffy strap thingy.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2012, 01:17:45 PM »
@Zombelina - i don't dislike it in general, but when trying to get pics, there's a 'looking-up' thing they do when they're sitting in it. Plus I'm sort of designing a set-up. he blue and red don't fit with how i se it.

I really want to see pics when you're done, I think it'll look super cool in different colours  ^.^

Offline Ravie

• View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2012, 01:20:43 PM »
Could be awhile. actually getting to spray painting the funiture is low on the priorities list. I'm having lots of fun with my thrown together set-up so i wanted something more....better..bigger...concise?

have to find something to make a makeshift stage out of atm.

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2012, 02:21:47 PM »
It's probably just the difference between China-made dolls and Indonesian ones. My DDG Operetta is way pinker than the Signature one too.
Ah yes, that could be it. My sig Opie is Indonesian, but the DDG and RM Operettas I bought are Chinese.

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2012, 02:32:00 PM »
Okay, I am getting impatient on money to buy the DDG three pack ;.; I have some coming in toight from my brother, but I promised my sister I would buy hair for pony customization. I hope they still have it next week when I get paid. *sadface*

Offline CasseminaPie

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2012, 02:59:31 PM »
Okay, I am getting impatient on money to buy the DDG three pack ;.; I have some coming in toight from my brother, but I promised my sister I would buy hair for pony customization. I hope they still have it next week when I get paid. *sadface*

I'm sure there are still lots of packs left and they might be on sale for Black Friday or something so don't worry :) Waiting could be for the best!
Come visit my blog!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal