collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Thread  (Read 86090 times)

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
Official Monster High Thread
« on: July 06, 2012, 03:00:46 AM »
And...
GO!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Official Monster High Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 03:04:35 AM »
Didn't really understand why the pther thread were locked.. but I'm gonna post my last message there with my Abbey here

"I just got my MIB Abbey and, well, her lipstick have smudged inside the package. So there is a blank spot on her lip and lipstick over the plastic ... I don't now if it was like this when the seller sold her to me , I should ask her about it.  Should I paint the Lips?"

The seller was from the arena, and she had all positive MH trades and sells. Do you think it could've been caused by the shipping?

Well.. I probably can't get the perfect shade she has... Thinking I might be able to repaint it with nail polish (I've heard some people using nail polish for lips)

Adoptable made by me

Offline SkitLeDee

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • A silly artist trying to make in in a huge fandom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 03:24:54 AM »
I"m not sure either.Sure there was a conflict in the thread,but it ended several pages back.
Anyway,I personally would attempt to paint the lips.I would acetone them off and repaint the entire lip to have a consistent shade,but then theres the problem of redrawing the fangs.At the worst you could talk to customer service about it,they tend to be good about this kinda thing.
....I'm stuck here forever,aren't I?

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 03:27:28 AM »
I never knew that some people were using nailpolish.. :O
I'd have a bad feeling using it.. I would not know how it holds up in the long term since it was not designed to last for years nor even months.
Acrylics would be the better choice, imo. But of course not everyone has those at home. :/

I also have heard good things about Mattel's customer service.. never had to contact them myself, tho.

Offline amenoo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 03:33:37 AM »
I never knew that some people were using nailpolish.. :O
I'd have a bad feeling using it.. I would not know how it holds up in the long term since it was not designed to last for years nor even months.
Acrylics would be the better choice, imo. But of course not everyone has those at home. :/

I also have heard good things about Mattel's customer service.. never had to contact them myself, tho.

I have acrylics, though It's so hard to get the shade right since the colors go darker when they dry.

I can try to contact the swedish Mattel customer service, though does it need to be still in package? i would like to get her out and start fixing her right away, but then they might not accept my complaint?

Adoptable made by me

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 03:41:18 AM »
I have acrylics, though It's so hard to get the shade right since the colors go darker when they dry.

I can try to contact the swedish Mattel customer service, though does it need to be still in package? i would like to get her out and start fixing her right away, but then they might not accept my complaint?

Whenever I fix ponies, I do my best to mix up the shade that I think would match them in a little jar, and put just a teeny-tiny spot of it on the area I want to fix, then close the jar to preserve the rest of the mixed-up paint and let it dry on the spot, to see how well it matches. (tiny spots dry super fast usually)

I do that until I have the exact shade that I want, tho I have gotten pretty good at it by now, usually only takes me 1 or 2 attempts. ^^

Hmm, like I said, I never contacted them myself, but IIRC some people here have complained about loose joints and the like.. but to find out those flaws you'd need to debox the dolls so I think it should be fine. But make sure to take a lot of pictures beforehand to prove to them she was like that in box.

Or maybe wait for some people who have actually got replacements to chime in and tell about their experience before deboxing.. I know it's hard (I always want to debox ASAP ^^; ) but maybe worth it in your case? :7
It's a huge flaw and totally not your fault, so you'd definitely qualify for a replacement and I know signature Abbey is still sold in the EU so you'd have good chances of getting the same doll back?!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 03:43:26 AM by Fräulein_Kim »

Offline amenoo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 04:10:01 AM »
Alright I'm writing to swedish Mattel.

I hope I will get a replacement doll since Abbey is one of my favourites

Adoptable made by me

EmoKuu

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 04:20:57 AM »
I used clear nail polish to fix eyeshadow/glitter issues with my DotD Lala. Worked fine.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 04:45:34 AM »
I forgot what I had been talking about. LOA!!!!!!!!!

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 04:56:28 AM »
I'd try to fix lips too if i were you.. i vote acrylics. I have fixed an abby who had a similar lip problem before no problem.. easy to match the color. i think i used quinacridone magenta in acrylics and maybe a touch of  ultramarine blue. Can't quite remember, but if you get some quinacridone magenta ,blue  and white acrylic you can  play around until you get a close match. I would just  spot fix the area my self, and blend out the edges of the new paint into  her factory paint.

Offline Airiel

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Professional Parasol Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 05:55:09 AM »
I'm sure it was in one of the other threads that have gone by the wayside, but can anyone tell me what store(s) the new set of Dead Tired dolls have been found at?  I haven't seen them anywhere, and I'm starting to wonder if I am just looking in all the wrong places!

Airiel

"Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly."

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 06:15:35 AM »
I think the new dead tired girls are exclusive to kmart. Some one correct me if I'm wrong.

They are also available to online stores. I don't know which ones though. But I'm pretty sure that at a physical store it's Kmart.

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 06:15:59 AM »
I hope I can actually keep up with this thread... I missed so many pages last time. XD

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2012, 06:19:24 AM »
I think the new dead tired girls are exclusive to kmart. Some one correct me if I'm wrong.

They are also available to online stores. I don't know which ones though. But I'm pretty sure that at a physical store it's Kmart.
I think that was supposed to be the case... but I wanna say they've been popping up in different stores.

As for contacting Mattel, all of my dolls had been deboxed prior to contacting them (all of my problems required them to be out of box) and it was rather painless, and as I said in the old thread I had seen two Abbeys (well... at least one I dunno if I saw the same one back on the shelf a month later xD), on shelf.. with the same problem of the lipstick smeared on the box and off of her lips (also her hair was EVERYWHERE in the box..). The most any Mattel CS will say (I've only dealt with the US branch) is they want you to return her (which, I assume deboxed is fine, because as I said a lot of problems you have to debox them to see what's wrong) for a replacement or a voucher. I personally haven't had to do that to any of my replacements, and they've sent them to me without any fuss.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 06:22:48 AM by Icicle »

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2012, 06:30:53 AM »

Abby, Clawdeen and Lala? If so, I've seen them at Krogers too. :D

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal