collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 93616 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #1125 on: November 06, 2023, 01:53:52 PM »
Me again. I finally got in the shower. Ever since I've been really tired. I tried to nap earlier but people were making too much noise. I heard something like glass breaking and I sat straight up and said, "What the hell was that?!" Couldn't go back to sleep afterwards.

I want to play a kind of raunchy game (Drakengard 3). I don't know with the windows open. I can always plug my headphones into the PS3 but then my ears will get sweaty.

I'm hungry but I don't want to eat.

My head feels weird.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: November 07, 2023, 04:16:43 AM »
Magnolia...
That is the colour the council says bathrooms should be.
Doesn't sound like any sea-themed shade to me tbh...
But I knew I'd be repainting the walls...
Still, magnolia!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1127 on: November 07, 2023, 04:46:07 AM »
Simba has Hyperthyroidism. It may or may not be the reason he is peeing on the floor. Most likely a combination with stress. Funny, one cat pees too little due to stress and the other pees too much. Why are they stressed? Vet said they are too close in age and are combating each other. They are six month apart in age and grew up together. Both are neutered. They've been best friends forever. Ninja gets stressed when he is bored, I knew that. I had no idea Simba was stressed as well :(. They do fight sometimes, but I had no idea it was about rank. I looked up the symptoms of hyperthyroidism and he ticks a lot of boxes. So now, he's on two different medications, two times a day. THAT is gonna be fun! I also have to deep clean a litter box, fill it with special pearls and lock Simba in with it for a long while and hopefully get a fresh urine sample. I have no idea how we're gonna manage that :shocked:.
I also ordered a Felliway. It's a hormone that is supposed to calm cats down. You put it in an globe, put the globe in a outlet and it's supposed to spread hormones around calming them down. Vet said it might help.

Compared to this, all else that's going on right now feels so trivial. My poor babies :(. It's Simbas 12th birthday today. What a gift for him :huh:.

BC, it is expensive. We have a bank account for our cats but we empited it half a year ago when the cats first had to remove teeth due to FORL and then Ninja rushing to get flushed. They have a few thousand sek there now. Last weeks and this weeks came out of our joint vacation savings. We're over a 1000US$

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1128 on: November 07, 2023, 04:54:52 AM »
I'm so sorry :( My Mousie had hyperthyroidism. She drank and peed a lot and if I wasn't on top of the litter box, she'd pee on the bathroom rug. Once she started taking medicine, she got a lot better and put some weight on, stopped drinking so much and the litter box was cleaner longer. It was a liquid medicine. She was always really good at taking medicine, she would let me do anything I wanted with her. I wish all cats were so easy. It wasn't until she got closer to 20 that she started having symptoms again.

Felliway works well :) I used it for Mouse when we moved and then again with Aster when I brought her home.

Good luck, I hope Simba will get medicine soon and feel better :hug:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: November 07, 2023, 06:46:46 AM »
i think my cat might have this problem too ... he is losing weight and he is greasy and his hair is not as fluffy.
but he seems to be doing ok other than being a needy senior cat so if I can avoid stressing him out with the carrier, the car ride, the vet, and the bloodwork that would be great.  we just had him take 3 weeks of antibiotics a few months ago and he doesn't have an ear infection anymore.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1130 on: November 07, 2023, 10:07:11 AM »
Well, I won't be visiting my mom today after all. I had a really bad morning. I've got sores on my tongue again, on both sides. One kept waking me up last night, because I'd move my tongue in my sleep and the sore would rub against my teeth and hurt really bad. Then I got up to go to the bathroom and tripped on the scale again. It's been there for years with no problem. This time I moved it. I banged my foot against my desk and tore my toenail. Finally, after breakfast, Aster went back to bed, or so I thought, but not before barfing on the carpet in the bedroom. I stepped right in it when I went to take my medicine. Oh, I also had a liquid brick while taking my meds. You know sometimes when you swallow liquid there's like an air bubble in it or something? And it really hurts when it goes down.

On top of it all, my mom was being her old self when I told her I couldn't come today. She was all 'woe is me' and made me feel bad. Then she asked if I felt bad, I said yes, and she said good.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: November 07, 2023, 07:00:51 PM »
Beldarna, Oh no, poor little Simba! :sad:

I hope the medication starts working soon! :heart: Are they pills?
My mom's cat Mara had this same disease and so did my brother's cat. :huh: They were both given a pill once a day.
Mara drank a lot of water and went to pee often, but he never peed anywhere but his own litter box. He was an indoor cat and had no restlessness/stress. He lost some weight and his fur went bad, but still lived happily ever after. :heart:
My brother's cat often drank a lot of water and lost a lot of weight! He was a free outdoor cat, so he also moved around a lot. He had to go out often, because when he was inside, he started to stress a lot and lick bare spots on his fur. And hey, now I remembered that my brother's cat also peed in different places inside! On carpets, once on my brother's backpack and even on a firewood carrier! :blink: In his case, peeing in the wrong places was due to stress. :huh:

--

BC, oh, you really had a bad day. :( I hope it's better now! :hug:

:zzz:

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: November 08, 2023, 02:06:32 AM »
Thanks guys

HoM, the medicine is liquid, and he actually likes it! :bigups: That made it so much easier. We presented it on a spoon and he licked it. He does not like Metacam which is the other drug but Ninja does and he's taking it as well, so when we gave them a spoon each at the same time, Simba had to lick it because Ninja did :snicker:. He's only on it for two weeks so hopefully we can keep it up. It's so much easier than force it in his mouth. We were also given some chewie supplements that's supposed to destress and help with urinetractions but neither cat liked those.

Simbas symptoms, except peeing is loud meowings. Around six month ago he began meowing loud after his 7pm meal, but we thought it was because he wanted to play, and it might still be, but being so loud is a symptom. He also have diarreah every now and then and barf. He is drinking more and he had lost half a kilo of weight. We hadn't noticed that because of his furr. But it all makes sense now.

He has not peed in the floor since Monday! :joy: We're still hiding our rugs in a closet though.

Interesting that so many of you have had cats with the same issue, or know of cats with it. It gives me hope that they lived on :).

lovesbabysquirmy, I would get the cat checked up just in case.

BC, I'm sorry you couldn't visit your mom and that she gave you a hard time for it. Sounds like you really had one of those days, huh?

My complaint for the day is our new matresses. 2019 we bought a very expensive continental bed. About a year ago the middle mattresses became too soft and despite turning it over more often than needed we always ended up with dents where we slept and our backs began to hurt. So off we went to the retailer, explained our problem and he said we needed a harder matress. He took us to one bed with the kind he thought of, we layed on it for a few minutes and said ok. He ordered it. We waited five weeks and got them delivered monday.
Two nights later we realised these mattress are too hard! I slept better the second night than the first but Johns back really hurt and he slept horribly. He can't use it. I'm determined to give it a week before deciding but have the feeling I might not like it. We would need something inbetween the first ones and these ones. For Johns sake I looked at the receipt and according to the terms and conditions for the matresses and since they were costume ordered, they do not accept returns and no exchanges. Done is done. I feel stupid for not looking up and asking that before ordering. Having worked in retail for so long it's like lesson 1 :argh:.
Luckily we kept the old mattresses, but they're not good either so question is what we do now :huh:.

/novell

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: November 08, 2023, 04:08:47 AM »
Beldarna I hope things go well wi Simba & good on you finding out something xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1134 on: November 08, 2023, 06:57:37 AM »
My cat Bass hated Metacam and it always made her drool and foam at the mouth really bad. It tastes like bitter orange and some cats react that way. I would have to lock her in the bathroom, give her the Metacam and keep her in there and clean her up until the foam and drool stopped. It would take 15 minutes at least. She got so mad at me, she would hide and I wouldn't see her again for hours.

Beldarna, I'm glad your cats took the medicine so well.

About your mattress problem, do you have adjustable beds there? Like here we have Sleep Number, which comes with a control that makes the bed softer or harder to your preference. I'm getting one for my next mattress. Maybe you can sell the new one and put the money towards something like that. Just a thought.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: November 08, 2023, 06:04:25 PM »
Thanks guys

HoM, the medicine is liquid, and he actually likes it! :bigups: That made it so much easier. We presented it on a spoon and he licked it. He does not like Metacam which is the other drug but Ninja does and he's taking it as well, so when we gave them a spoon each at the same time, Simba had to lick it because Ninja did :snicker:. He's only on it for two weeks so hopefully we can keep it up. It's so much easier than force it in his mouth. We were also given some chewie supplements that's supposed to destress and help with urinetractions but neither cat liked those.

Simbas symptoms, except peeing is loud meowings. Around six month ago he began meowing loud after his 7pm meal, but we thought it was because he wanted to play, and it might still be, but being so loud is a symptom. He also have diarreah every now and then and barf. He is drinking more and he had lost half a kilo of weight. We hadn't noticed that because of his furr. But it all makes sense now.

He has not peed in the floor since Monday! :joy: We're still hiding our rugs in a closet though.

Interesting that so many of you have had cats with the same issue, or know of cats with it. It gives me hope that they lived on :).

It's really great to hear that Simba likes his new medicine and takes it very well from a spoon!  :cheer: And also yay, he hasn't peed on the floor anymore!  :ohyeah:
We have had them in the form of pills and it was always miserable to have to forcefully stuff them into the cat's mouth and hold the mouth shut so that the cat doesn't spit them out. :( But when you had to do it enough times, you became a master at it and it started to go well. :biggrin:

Ah, the lovely Metacam! :yucky: Most of the cats hate it..at least all of our cats! Mom's cat Mara had to use it (osteoarthritis), two of my cats (one had a congenital hip defect and the other had other pains) and my brother's cats got it from time to time (all kinds of horrible things happened to outdoor cats sometimes). Fortunately, for the most part, all of these cats took the medicine well when it was mixed well enough with the sauce (cat food). Not once did this have to be forcibly given to any of them with a syringe. But for once if there wasn't enough sauce and the cat tasted the medicine, it was quite a job to get the cat to agree to eat it.  :lol:
The smell and taste of the tuna masked the medicine well.

---

My complaint: I'm really tired all the time. :yawn: Yesterday I heard some sad news about my spouse's aunt. :unsure:
« Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 06:37:58 PM by Heart Of Midnight »
:zzz:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: November 08, 2023, 07:24:42 PM »
@Taffeta

Your parents sound so much like mine about tech stuff.  My mom is a little better than my dad, but there's still a lot she needs help with.  My dad says he scared of downloading apps because they might steal his personal info, and yet he'll jump at any ad he sees on the Internet selling something cheap even though I've told him several times he needs to stick to reliable websites.

More parents and tech stuff woes today. :(  I noticed there was an update for the phone today. I updated mine, but stayed pretty much close by to make sure the update installed correctly.  My mom's phone installed the update by itself.  The problem is that somehow her two factor authentication got turned on after the update.  She says that she never saw a screen that said to turn it on.  I told her that she must have hit a screen or something turning it on. She says she didn't.  I tried googling how to turn if off on, but the instructions I found didn't work.   Now she's afraid to turn her phone off because she thinks she'll get locked out. I'm starting to wonder if she might have missed a confirmation email about the two factor authentication being on.  Now I feel guilty for not noticing it before.  :(

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: November 09, 2023, 04:13:18 AM »
Metacam is not fun. I am so happy Ninja likes it, as it makes it so much easier :). My angel cat Tarzan was put on it for her arthritis and she hated it. She also developed an allergy towards it so we had to change plans to supplements which I guess we both felt relieved on. I hate to force it in them, but sometimes that's the only option. Simba had it before when he removed some teeth and hiding it in his food is not an option as he did not eat when it was in there.

BC; we have adjustable beds in a way that we can move the matresses up and down to a sitting position as well as move the leg part, but it is more geared toward older folks. I'm not sure about the kind making the matress firmer or softer. I have never heard of it at least. But I actually slept rather well this night. I only woke up because of a sore throat, some cough and my anxiety to make phone calls this morning. But the calls went well and I slept a few hours before noon. John is sleeping now and has not been up at all which is a good sign :bigups:. Maybe its just an adjustment thing. I hope so.

Todays complaint.. I totally missed to sign up for the card swap :(.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1138 on: November 09, 2023, 05:34:39 AM »
A new mattress can take a bit to get used to. I'm glad it's getting better :)

I'm so sorry about the card swap! You can always ask for a private card swap in the Swap forum :)

My complaint is my legs, it's not really even my back anymore. I ordered some more water bottles because we still have a boil notice and I don't want to run out. It was just delivered. It's 35 pack. I bent down to grab it and placed it right inside the door so I didn't have to carry it. When I stood up and walked back to my desk, my legs were all wobbly and weak.

I wanted to try and get the mail this morning and I still need to visit my mom. There's no way I can :( What do you do when you can't walk and have no wheelchair to get around in? And I live on the second floor, so I still wouldn't be able to leave. I can put in a form asking for a ground level apartment but then I would have to hire movers again, and I don't think I can pack up all my things like last time so the movers would have to do that too. Plus, I like where my apartment is. I can see the mailboxes and the office is right across the street.

Why is everything so hard? :cloud:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: November 09, 2023, 06:25:00 AM »
I really hope we can get the two factor  authentication turned off on my mom's phone.  She should have gotten some kind of email, but neither one of us caught if she did.  She gets worked up if she gets around 30 unread emails in her inbox even though I've told her not to worry about that until she gets over 900 unread emails in her inbox.  She also empties the Deleted folder often.

I've tried to tell her that she turned her phone off the other day before the update and turned it back on again without a problem, but hopefully the guy at the store can help us out and explain it better. 

I still feel bad that I might have missed it though. Even though I tried really hard to check everything out.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal