collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 52694 times)

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #1530 on: March 04, 2024, 03:58:41 PM »
I’m sick with a cold😩😩😩
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1531 on: March 05, 2024, 04:59:28 AM »
Yaaay, new chair! :yippee: Hope it's comfy!

Beth3346 That could be both good news or bad. Generally if a doctor is taking time to get back to you, it's nothing serious.. but sometimes they forget, I hope you get your answers and the news are good :hug:.

Today I had a regular known not to pay for her fare onboard. I missed her when she entered as she had bleeched her hair. So I told her she had to leave at the next station and she said: "I'll just walk off this time and not cause any trouble. Last time I did and it did not end well" :lol: I think someone called the police on her that time. Now she got to think about her actions in a small town with no convinience anywhere except a small grocery store a stones throw away. Not very much to do there. I also warned everyone that she's at it again so she'll have trouble getting out from there. All the best to her.

Had a nice asparagus soup with garlic bread for lunch. I want to diamont paint but Majsan is sitting on my spot and every cat owner know that I can't move her so it will be some Youtube instead. I've gotten stuck on videos from Explore with us, where we get to see police interviews with teens who kill. Very interesting.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: March 05, 2024, 05:25:41 AM »
Beldarna glad you enjoyed the film!!! And grr at fare-dodgers!!!
Gator, get well soon xxx
Beth  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
BC I bet you're looking forward to your new chair!!! I'm not big on armrests but love my chairback!!! AND the one at the PC HAS to spin!!!
HOM YAIY!!! Welcome back here & to the internet!!!

Well I went. My smart jacket needs replaced as it was tight on my arms & didn't close. Still, better than nothing & I still looked smart enough. The pal chose a band & several pals to speak for him & the music was fun, while at the same time saying a nice goodbye. The speakers recalled him with fondness & knew him well. He's written books & a quote from one was read as his body was laid to rest. I got to chat to a few decent folks, some I hadn't seen for a while, & there was coffee, cheese sandwiches, & small cakes. I got 2 cheese sandwiches, one coffee, & a carrot cake. The service was standing room only, with more watching online. A faint or two happened as the bodies heated up the place. I'm not surprised so many wanted to send him off; he was well-liked & cheery-natured, always up for a laugh & a smile & a hug. The whole thing, coffee included, was done in 3 hours but I only took two of them, because I left the food & drink part early, to let his besties & family recall him with little disturbance. Another part of my life is gone. Not fun, but it does make me feel my age.
Got home to a package yaiy!!! Continuing on with the current crochet project.
Today was coffee morning, & half the chat was yesterday. My main coffee pal didn't know him as well as I did, so she watched online. I think a lot of people did that. I got some yarn, got my messages, got some electricity, turned off the entry hall heater. I need to do dishes. At least I got the card bin out (yesterday, before funeral) with card in it. I had to buy caddy liners though due to not getting any new ones despite the sign (the last bag) tied to the caddy bin. It's a bummer but with me using coffee grounds now I need the caddy liners. Fortunately they were available in the shop I get my local messages in.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1533 on: March 05, 2024, 11:17:36 AM »
Hope you feel better, Gator!

It sounds like it was a nice service, PBW :)

Well, I got another letter in my door yesterday. This Friday they are coming back to inspect me again. The things they outlined were thus; floors are still dirty (I knew this, which is why I tried to ask for an extension), fire hazards in the living room (my cardboard pile), and there is too much stuff in my apartment.

Not a big deal to clean the floors again, it's just going to be hard with my mobility issues. I've already called a handyman team to come get my broken furniture, which now includes my old chair too, and the cardboard, which now includes the big box the new chair came in. They said they can do it later this week and would call me back to talk details. As far as too much stuff. I knew this too. I agree, there are boxes and bins everywhere. Every closet is stuffed. A wall in the bedroom is lined with boxes. A wall in the living room is lined with boxes. My life is full of BOXES

Anyway, I was able to get an online deal on a small storage unit in the same place my mom's stuff is stored at. Unfortunately, that unit is stuffed too and my stuff wouldn't fit. I'll hire the movers I've used twice to move everything into the new storage.

I think I'm ready to let some more things go. Selling my ponies was hard, and I have a tinge of regret. But you know, I can always buy them back. It won't be the exact same ones, but at least it's an option. There are other things I haven't used in probably a decade. Why am I holding on to them? Also, I'm becoming more inclined to not put stuff out on display because it will need to be cleaned. I think I mentioned my loathing for dusting.

I will have to pull all the bins and boxes once my trash and cardboard is gone and decide what I want to store and what I can sell/donate. My mom gave me permission to sell the things in her unit too, but there is some furniture in there I want to hold onto.

It'll be a long process, this is just the kick in the pants I needed. Eventually I hope to get rid of enough stuff that I can consolidate the two storages into one medium size.

So for today, my number one thing is to tackle the ants that have appeared in the kitchen. I followed them to the water heater closet. Then I'll start the floors.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Online cowboyopossum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I cannot contain my silliness | he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: March 05, 2024, 11:23:14 AM »
My mother uses a mixture of apple cider vinegar and sugar, IIRC, for ant infestations.

We have the same issue with things. My mother has hoarding tendencies, so she is trying to go through every room in the house and get rid of as much as she can. Two rooms in the house are used for storage, plus what is left of the attic after being turned into her bedroom.
It gets really hard sometimes, but she has made great progress. Once you get started I find its easier to let things go. Especially if you forgot you had it in the first place.  :P
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 05:44:08 AM by cowboyopossum »

Thank you Squarepeg and Wizard for my profile and sig!

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1535 on: March 05, 2024, 12:37:20 PM »
i'm sorry about your friend PBW :hug: :hug: :hug:

I hope you feel better soon Gator :)

BC, it's hard getting rid of stuff. did they give you a timeframe for clearing stuff out? i forever go between wanting to get rid of most everything and wanting to track down and repurchase every single thing i've ever owned. i would say if it's something that's been in a box or shoved in the back of a closet for a long time, you probably won't miss it. that's a method that's worked for me.

we did find out the results of my mom's MRI. from what i understand some of her brain has atrophied. it could be a sign of dementia but we have to wait until she sees a neurologist to know more. we have a family history of dementia and she's in her mid 70s now so it's not surprising. especially with her symptoms. i was hoping for something more treatable :(
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Online cowboyopossum

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: March 05, 2024, 07:06:31 PM »
Oh no, wishing you and your mom the best  :hug:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #1537 on: March 05, 2024, 10:06:49 PM »
Artie, ooh, I hate the whole 'fighting illnesses' thing too. I got so upset at cancer commercials when my sister was going through chemo. They make it seem like it's your fault if you die, because you didn't try hard enough or love your family enough. I HATE that thought process. Like, believe in a higher power if you want but at the end of the day either the treatment and medicine work, or they don't.

Glad it's not just me :hug: and glad you found a handyman company for some of your stuff and if they are good you can use them for other things if you need. It did cross my mind that you're an artist kinda making it work as a studio, and also I'm glad to hear that you're feeling fairly good at the moment.

Update on my Mum: she's out of hospital but still on atibiotics. Hub and Squish are mostly over it all now. I will take her to see Granny today.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: March 06, 2024, 02:02:55 AM »
Sounded like a nice service PBW.

BC It sounds like a good plan with the storage unit. I admit to have a lot of stuff, but I do go through and get rid of things regularly. Some things I take pictures of so I have a memory of them, but if I find stuff I haven't seen for years and know it's just going back I just send it on its merry way. Except when it comes to my ponycolllections and childhood toys and stuffed animals. Never getting rid of those.
Good luck with the continued cleaning and antinfestation.

Beth3346 at least it wasn't something cancerous. I'm sorry if it's dementia, but based off what kind and what medicines there are, she might still be with you for several years. I wish the best for you :hug:

Artemesia's Garden glad to see your mom is out from the hospital!

I am waiting for John to wake up. Yesterday he said since we're having off days together, which is rare, we should do something outside of home.. but then he said the weather doesn't feel good for much outside fun.. so we should just groceryshop at the supermarket and that's it. It's something to do, outside of the home :lol:. I don't mind though, I feel like having an indoor day. But we need to shop so.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: March 06, 2024, 03:13:20 AM »
Cheers folks, it was a good service xxx
Beldarna enjoy your day
Artie huggles to you, your mother, & your family xxx  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Beth  :( :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :cry: I hope she gets fully diagnosed & treated as well as she can be xxx
BC sounds like a lot of hard work but it will be worth it!!! I have similar issues, with stuff just piling up like mad, & finding it hard to let go of it. Also glad you're finding some folks to help you xxx Hopefully when your disability kicks back in you'll get a support worker too xxx

I got some of the new fish stickers up, so I now only have one set to stick, then it's just the painted walls, which need new paint first. I'm continuing on wi the crochet, & though I haven't done most of the dishes, I did get a few bits done there. I've also cleared the last socks out of the machine so I can get laundry done, which is great as I'm due a shower!!! Meanwhile I'm slowly hacking at the other rubbish I need to ditch, especially non-card recycling which is the next pickup. I have 3 bags filled wi that stuff so far, & enough to fill a few more. It's a work in progress, but I'll get it done!!! The good thing is I'm getting other bits I need sorted sorted too, although it's just a bit at a time, a bit is better than nothing...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Online cowboyopossum

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: March 06, 2024, 05:45:33 AM »
Last night I finally got my curtains up!!
We had to go to a hardware store to get the right drill bits, but other than that it went up easy.
Super happy with how it looks!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: March 06, 2024, 06:27:17 AM »
*pony hugs to all who need it*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #1542 on: March 06, 2024, 07:10:22 AM »
INTERVIEW TOMORROW!!!! So I'm dying my hair bright pink because I've gotta make sure they're cool with all of me and not just a sanitized corporate version society seems to demand for interviews.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1543 on: March 06, 2024, 07:27:20 AM »
Beth, I'm so sorry :( :hug:

Artie, glad your mom is home.

cowboy (can I call you that?), thanks and it didn't come off as competition at all :)

Eskara, good luck! Pink hair is rad!

I ended up calling 1-800-Got-Junk and they sent a guy over to take my stuff. It was a little more than I wanted to spend but I'm so, so glad to have that stuff gone. I can see my kitchen from my desk again :lol: It gives me so much more room in the living room. I guess I didn't realize just how much space all the cardboard was taking up.

I don't think I can afford the movers this month but now that I have room, I can pull the boxes and bins and go through them.

For today though, I need to start on the floors.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: March 09, 2024, 03:45:21 AM »
Eskara I hope the interview went well!

You know, when I was nine, I still played with dolls and colouring books.. My sister's bonus daughter turns nine and she don't play with dolls anymore. She wants makeup and nail polishes.. She has an entire shelf with nailpolishes so no need for more. Her bedroom looks like it belongs to a teen. She loves lego but she doesn't play with it, she just builds stuff and she has so many bins with lego under her bed we're told off from buying more. So what do I get her for her birthday? My sister suggested a bath robe but it has to be a soft pastell colour.. So today I'm going shopping! Hoping to find a soft pastel bath robe for a nine year old girl, and perhaps a pair of matching slippers. What do I buy if I don't find any? :help: I feel like calling in sick, lol. But I also need to buy a folder and new hair dye so.. I'm gonna walk downtown to get some air. After shopping I'm meeting my client/user/the person I'm a contact person to to go to the movies (a lot of 'to' there). She wanted to see Willy Wonka or Dune. I told her I've already seen Dune. She choose Dune :shrug:. At least it was good enough that I can watch it again. Thats my day today! :argh:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal