collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Replacement BBE eyes?  (Read 1027 times)

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Replacement BBE eyes?
« on: December 10, 2020, 06:21:47 PM »
I bought a lot the other night, which hasn't yet arrived. in it were Princess Royal Blue and Sweet Pop, the only visible flaws being that the latter had been smooshed (and her pink seems faded), and a Baby Lofty. Since the former two looked so nice, it justified the price to me. The pictures were admittedly terrible, but the seller seemed so horse-clueless that I decided it probably wasn't for deceptive purposes... Yeah, I took a bit of a gamble, but once I get them, I'll be happy with them. Hopefully.

The thing is, Baby Lofty appeared to be missing an eye, or at least having it rusted to the point it's very dark, along with most likely missing eyelashes. It's hard to tell. Is there anywhere I'd be able to get good replacement eyes if I need them?

Also, I am regretting not taking screenshots of the listing, since it was "one is a cat" levels of magical. The lot was sold as a "pair of three," which was just amazing. Other from-memory quotes are "One [Sweet Pop] has a club foot, and another [Baby Lofty] is only a baby." and "I don't remember their names, but perhaps you do." The seller, who sold mostly vintage clothing and Barbie accessories, claimed that these guys were just found buried in a closet, so they're probably just trying their best to give them a new home, which they have now thanks to me. And if the pictures prove to have been a bit too flattering, then...  Oh well!
(I've noticed I've been saying "Oh well!" a lot lately. I feel like a G3 pony with an obnoxious catchphrase! I'm sorry if I'm annoying!)
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Replacement BBE eyes?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 06:51:39 PM »
That's the actual description? That's hilarious!

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,322221.15.html

On the 2nd page, they're saying 10 mm glass eyes, although the link to the store does not work.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 06:59:16 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline MintyMyndi

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 07:33:06 PM »
10 mm? I actually have a pair of 10 mm eyes laying around! They came out of a Snapstar doll I bought and rebodied for a friend of mine (Echo on Made-to-Move Basketball Player Barbie; not a good match!). They're not in perfect shape, nor are they really a color I like, but browsing Etsy for eyes shows the structure of opening/closing doll eyes... I could try to make them work, just like I did the Dollar Tree SSC-esque doll head that went on the leftover Snapstar body (which is adorable)! I could even paint them or pop out the iris piece and replace it. She may end up being functional! Heck, now I'm looking forward to custom eyes... I think I'd be disappointed if she didn't need them replaced!
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 08:56:21 PM »
If you change your mind about doing custom eyes and want to go the factory route instead and want some actual BBEs for her, I have some. I popped the eyes out of a couple BBE ponies so I could give them regular eyes, but I saved the eyeballs just in case somebody wanted them. I'm not entirely sure what colors they are (they came out of Half Note and Lickety Split; I had some from Frosting but had to toss hers after I tried using rust remover on them and it ended badly  :cry:), and I doubt they have eyelashes, but I'd rather see someone make use of them than throw them away!

That listing sounds hilarious...'club foot'? Wonder what they meant by that, haha.

Offline MintyMyndi

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 09:22:09 PM »
If you change your mind about doing custom eyes and want to go the factory route instead and want some actual BBEs for her, I have some. I popped the eyes out of a couple BBE ponies so I could give them regular eyes, but I saved the eyeballs just in case somebody wanted them. I'm not entirely sure what colors they are (they came out of Half Note and Lickety Split; I had some from Frosting but had to toss hers after I tried using rust remover on them and it ended badly  :cry:), and I doubt they have eyelashes, but I'd rather see someone make use of them than throw them away!

That listing sounds hilarious...'club foot'? Wonder what they meant by that, haha.
Sweet Pop is smooshed to the point that one of her rear hooves is flat. She'll need to drink some boiling water through the hole which will be left by decapitating her, but she at least doesn't seem to have cancer on her DS!

Lickety-Split's eyes seem like a match iris-color-wise, so I might need those if hers are bad.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2020, 09:27:20 PM »
Oh no, I hope you get her hoof fixed! Boiling water should probably do the trick.

Just let me know if you need them, I'm happy to send them to you! I may even be taking apart a Baby Lofty soon, too.

Offline MintyMyndi

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2020, 10:05:07 PM »
Here's the listing, if anybody's curious!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/776868766/vintage-1980s-g1-pair-of-3-my-little?show_sold_out_detail=1&ref=nla_listing_details

Yeah... Unlike eBay, Etsy doesn't let you search for sold listings. You have to know the shop. I only knew that most of their stuff was vintage Barbie accessories photographed on a plain background and that their shop name had the word "vintage" in it... I'm sure you all know how little that narrows it down, but when I get in the digging zone, I really dig!

Whoa, it's 1 a.m.! I'd better get myself to bed, since I have plans tomorrow. My pleco's probably wondering where his algae wafers are, anyway. Have fun with that listing!
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2020, 04:11:18 AM »
I'm kind of surprised she didn't say anything about the missing eye...I mean, she disclosed the club foot, so why not that? And the picture of her eye is not that clear, so someone who didn't know BBE ponies like we do might not realize it was missing until she showed up without it. She felt the need to mention that she 'is only a baby', as though that was the thing you would find disappointing rather than the missing eye. Weird! Oh well (as you like to say, haha)...at least these girls have found a good home  :)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2020, 08:12:51 AM »
 had to go look, just for that description alone. Haha! Dang dude, poor Sweet Pop's hoof is really, really squished!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 08:15:21 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2020, 05:37:59 PM »
The adventures never end! If you can't find a replacement, perhaps an eye larch and you now have a BBE Baby Pirate ;)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2020, 12:05:11 PM »
The adventures never end! If you can't find a replacement, perhaps an eye larch and you now have a BBE Baby Pirate ;)

Yaar!

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2020, 04:01:20 PM »
That is the most squished pony foot I have ever seen.  I would have trouble deciding what to do.  Either patch or replace.  Decisions...
:socks:   :frog:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal