collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: CustomPony.com trouble  (Read 878 times)

prowlsgirl

• Trade Count: (0)
CustomPony.com trouble
« on: March 01, 2012, 09:26:05 AM »
I hope I put this in the right area.

I'm new at customs and either I made a boobo or just impatient.  Is the site closed or something?  Last week I order a rehairing tool and some small bits and pieces from the site to work on my first custom.  Paypal said the site took the money but the shop when I log into it saying it's pending.  But the main page that's not pot of the shop said it's closed.  So if the shop was close it should had said something on the main page before I did a order.  I got to the shop through google so it didn't say it was close but yesterday I press the hope button and the main page said the shop was close so what should I do?  Did I just lose the $20 and some odd cents I just spend?

jupiternwndrlnd

Re: CustomPony.com trouble
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 09:56:05 AM »
i would file with paypal and get your money back. custompony has been unreliable for some time. and if they are closed, there is no way paypal will deny you the refund.
good luck!

prowlsgirl

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 10:08:03 AM »
Thanks I'll try that.  Now need to find a place that seals reroot tools for cheep and I can't use Ebay cause one it sucks and second I can't seem to remember my password and I tried useing both phone numbers I have to try to get a email with it but it saying it don't work.

Offline naylastar

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 11:57:51 AM »
There are a few people who sell reroot tools on the arena. You could also try dollyhair, that's where I got mine.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 12:04:46 PM »
Custompony.com has a disclaimer on their main page when last I checked, specifically stating to NOT order from their store. That message has been there since at least some time last year, though.

Yeah, Right at the top on the main page:

**NOTICE** PLEASE DO *NOT* place orders with the CustomPony.com store at this time! I am not currently available to mail any orders or answer any emails. I can't "slide" any orders in- please (please!) do not place orders until further notice.

I do appreciate everyones patience in my absence as other priorities have arisen in my life. I hope to take CustomPony back over by Christmas and get back into the pony-collecting fun :-) In the mean time, my website will remain up as a resource to customizers.

~Amara

That said, I make my own Reroot tools and would be happy to make you one as well. Mine are not needles set in a wooden handle. I use an xacto knife handle so the needle can be changed out if it breaks. Just PM me and we can talk details.

The advice from the others about petitioning ebay is solid advice.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 12:07:49 PM by Maniah »

Offline ZarineBashire

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponies and Crafts
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 11:10:02 PM »
If the payment says "pending" then you should just be able to cancel the transaction without having to contact paypal. If it went through then you will have to file a claim.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal