collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35-40th Anniversary ponies - Mark IV  (Read 40169 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: 35 Anniversary ponies - Mark IV
« Reply #210 on: September 20, 2022, 05:32:24 PM »
NICE! Isn't there a fourth all Lickety Split pink Celestial?

I think so. I know one is missing but I don't remember what she looks like?

I like that the boxes look like the carrying case.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 06:15:29 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 20, 2022, 07:00:08 PM »
I'm really excited for all of the Basic Fun releases except for the 40th anniversary set with Cotton Candy and the other original ponies.  I feel those are a bit unnecessary since the 35th anniversary set came out 5 years ago. Maybe it will give people that didn't get a chance to get them then another opportunity.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 07:19:34 PM by Ponyfan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 20, 2022, 07:05:47 PM »
Oh my GOD!!!! I never thought they'd do them, oh god oh god!!!!

And yeah, they've left out the pink pony, ironically the one who we saw as that pegasus proto recently XD Hopefully they make her later. It's a bit of a shame to leave one out of the set, but three is better than nothing!

I'm surprised at the pink/blue one, in the art she looked more purple w/ aqua hair, but here she's pretty much Melody's colours. Nice colours, just not what I would've expected. But omg they all look so NICE!!! I've always thought that I wouldn't have liked this set much if they had been made, I've never been one for pearly, marble, etc effects, and that prototype pegasus didn't exactly give me much confidence there either :silly: But oh, these are so lovely!! Their little antennae things are just PERFECT!!!!

And omg omg omg THE BLIND BOXES AAAAAAAA
Is it just me or do they seem to be Rescue at Midnight Castle themed?!? THERE'S EVEN A SPIKE!! AAAAAAAA but Starflower's there. all the other ponies are characters that were in RaMC, and then there's Starflower instead of "First Born"... wonder what the story is there.. haha I got excited when I saw the rainbow hair and then I saw the other pic and oh, it's just Starflower. X'D But Starflower is cute too.

I wonder how many ponies there are in the set? The box in the background says "collect all 7" but there's more than 7 characters on display? :what:
Ohhh I want to see a close-up of the art, it looks cute. And that Spike!!

The plushies look good too :) And I'm laughing so hard at the 40th ann. re-releases of the Collector Ponies. We totally called it! :lmao:

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #213 on: September 21, 2022, 12:40:23 AM »
Wouldn't be a proper anniversary without the "mane six", of course :P

I do love all this though I'm impatient given that it seems like some/a lot of it might be a year away. I just buzzed my sister to let her know about the Celestials, because she's complained so much about the TE pony release being composed entirely of TE ponies she already has. It just feels like so much could happen/change/go wrong in a year, so yeah, that little voice in my head is like (we want them nao).

I think the blind bags are cute. A bit weird. But cute.

Pristine plushes as well. I looked at them and thought, wow, plush ponies that don't look like they got chucked around someone's attic xD.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #214 on: September 21, 2022, 04:11:02 AM »

Where did you see those? I wanna see!

edit: Oh, by the way, I don't know if it's all Walmarts or just mine, but they have the Basic Fun ponies on sale for $13.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 21, 2022, 06:25:06 AM »
Wouldn't be a proper anniversary without the "mane six", of course :P

I do love all this though I'm impatient given that it seems like some/a lot of it might be a year away. I just buzzed my sister to let her know about the Celestials, because she's complained so much about the TE pony release being composed entirely of TE ponies she already has. It just feels like so much could happen/change/go wrong in a year, so yeah, that little voice in my head is like (we want them nao).

I think the blind bags are cute. A bit weird. But cute.

Pristine plushes as well. I looked at them and thought, wow, plush ponies that don't look like they got chucked around someone's attic xD.

The blind bags kind of remind me of bigger Petites with the moulded manes and hair tails. Or McDonald's toys. I wish they weren't blind bags though, that annoys me.

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 21, 2022, 06:47:14 AM »

edit: Oh, by the way, I don't know if it's all Walmarts or just mine, but they have the Basic Fun ponies on sale for $13.

Ahh sorry, I saw them on Instagram! I got mixed up which thread had which link haha, I just checked and they were only posted in the other thread. https://www.instagram.com/p/CivmRShujao/

edit: Also I just checked the Trading Post and the pics have been posted there too, I'll post this in case anyone else (like me!) hates Instagram or has trouble accessing it ;)

https://www.mlptp.net/index.php?threads/basic-fun-retro-ponies-a-collectors-guide-updated-9-20-22-celestial-ponies-and-40th-anniversary.112268/page-53#post-928603

Oooh now I'm having a proper look at the pics I can see the poster behind the blind boxes does say "Rescue at Midnight Castle" on it :) So exciting to see that getting some love for once.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 06:56:52 AM by Carrehz »

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #217 on: September 21, 2022, 08:10:50 AM »

my walmart doesn't even HAVE any Basic fun and barely have any ponies XD i didn't even know basic funs were still being sold.
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #218 on: September 21, 2022, 09:00:56 AM »
I'm not sure any physical shops round here sell BF either, now. They did before but stopped at the Glory set. I found a lot more in London, but now mostly rely on Amazon and other stores to get them online.

With the blindbox things, I think the one that makes me the most interested is who I assume is Bubbles? I don't like the sitting pose and never have. A walking pose Bubbles would make me happy, even just in tiny form.

They are a bit like pseudo petites.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #219 on: September 21, 2022, 09:17:56 AM »
I did a identification.

Blind bags:
Ember, Moondancer, Cotton Candy, Bubbles, Spike, Gusty, Starflower

Likely In the 6 pack:
Firefly, Glory, Applejack, Twilight, Bowtie, Medley

I wonder what's going on with the pearly Glory.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #220 on: September 21, 2022, 09:27:49 AM »
I did a identification.

Blind bags:
Ember, Moondancer, Cotton Candy, Bubbles, Spike, Gusty, Starflower

Likely In the 6 pack:
Firefly, Glory, Applejack, Twilight, Bowtie, Medley

I wonder what's going on with the pearly Glory.

Thank you, I was trying to figure out who was on the box!

OMG, Ember!!

Bow-Tie looks just like her MLP 'n Friends RaMC colors, very saturated.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 21, 2022, 10:01:25 AM »
I love that the blind bags are based on RAMC. :)  I was looking at Twilight yesterday and thought the molded hair looked exactly like it does in RAMC.

I'm not sure why Gusty and Starflower are included in this set since they don't appear in RAMC.  I don't like the molded hair/brushable tails combo.  I'd like it better if they'd stuck to one or the other and not done both on the ponies, but I'm still really happy to see these. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 21, 2022, 10:08:49 AM »
Wouldn't Wind Whistler, Magic Star, the Big Brothers, Lofty, Shady, North Star, Buttons, and Ribbon look darling on those little minis?

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 21, 2022, 11:34:55 AM »
OMG I didn't even notice Ember (on the box) and Gusty!!! Gusty's a VERY weird pick - she doesn't appear in the cartoon until the movie?!? Starflower I was sort of assuming is there as a substitute for this little lady:

like - they're both rainbow ponies - so I was wondering if some lines got crossed somewhere (Starflower is in Catrina), or if maybe Hasbro wouldn't let them do the mystery pony for w/e reason (like IDK maybe they were too cheap to trademark a new name or something - I'm just thinking out loud here) so they put Starflower in the set instead cause "eh, close enough, right?"...

But now that I know Gusty's in the set too, I'm confused. :s Cause there's no obvious reason for her to be in a RaMC set. It makes sense for her to be there *in general* since she's so popular and often shows up in retro merch, but... she's definitely the odd one out in this particular set.

Also good catch on the 6 pack, I missed that! God the art is so beautiful... and the barn boxes remind me of Megan's place :) with the pink roof etc. And those colours are straight out of RaMC, and their hairdos!! I wonder if they gave Bow-Tie the pigtails she has in the cartoon?

Probably not cause she doesn't have them in the art, but... gosh it would be so cute if they did <3

It looks like they even gave Glory a purple star symbol like she had in the cartoon, instead of a silver star like the toy? *flips through photos* Yup, and Moondancer's crescent moon is purple too.

I didn't notice the weird pink-haired Firefly either. Not sure what's up with that - unless the molded hair is removable and interchangable maybe? but not sure how that'd work for the unicorns.

Looking at Starflower again - they didn't base her off the cartoon version like with the others - look:

Cartoon SF had much brighter colours and a silver symbol, and the symbol itself looks more like flowers than stars. But this figure has a more aqua body and pastel hair, and very clearly has purple stars like the original toy. So that's another oddity.

It's a shame they didn't include the sea ponies! But I understand why they'd want to stick to hooved ponies. I don't suppose they'd get a lot more use out of the sea pony molds, whereas these can be reused for any set. (heck have adult sea ponies shown up on ANY retro merch? I have a shirt w/ the baby sea ponies, but I don't recall ever seeing the adults on anything...)

Pearly Glory I bet will be the rare chase figure in the set, that's usually what repaints end up being.

I hope they make more sets later! I'm in LOVE with these molds. Hope they're not too difficult to find in the UK either. My local(ish) Forbidden Planet has the TEs and Heart Throb sets in (at long last), but I never did see the AJ/Bow-Tie wave :(
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 11:37:12 AM by Carrehz »

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 21, 2022, 12:13:25 PM »
This is really exciting!  I actually had a dream about RAMC figures not too long ago.  Now it feels like the universe is completely unraveling somehow.  I don;t mind that extra ponies are there.  I mean, maybe Gusty was already hiding out in the castle or napping.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 12:15:15 PM by brightberry »
Sig art by SquarePeg!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal