collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G4 Pinkie Pie...which colour hair does she have?  (Read 1182 times)

Offline daisyd

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Daisy's Crazy Crafts
G4 Pinkie Pie...which colour hair does she have?
« on: January 21, 2015, 03:36:25 PM »
I have a multitude of nylon hair colours, but have no idea which one is the most likely one to match up to G4 Pinkie Pie.....does anyone know please?
Thank you *wyvernchick* for my lovely avvie!

Offline PrincessOfDarkness

• Queen of the Zombie Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • my dA
Re: G4 Pinkie Pie...which colour hair does she have?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 05:49:35 PM »
I spent ages trying to colour match Pinkie. I've checked every pink I have (which is most of them) against the various Pinkie baits I have.... you know whats most frustrating?? 4 FS Pinkie baits and every single one of them had different coloured hair. I mean, not hugely noticeable, but noticeable enough when you are trying to colour match. Same with the 6 zillas I had in my bait box - all slightly different.
Heart Throb is close, but its not exact. The closest I got to Pinkie was a batch of custom dyed snowflake I did for Princess Pinkie (mostly rose pink RIT dye, with a tiny bit of wine RIT added, if I'm remembering my 'recipe' correctly)
I haven't checked MLC's newest nylon colours for a match, but I expect Elise could check that out for you :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart:  Never really open for commissions, but can be bribed ;)  :heart: SOOOO much Love to Jupi for my amazing Cupcake Zombie :heart:

Aednatia

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 03:53:44 AM »
you know whats most frustrating?? 4 FS Pinkie baits and every single one of them had different coloured hair. I mean, not hugely noticeable, but noticeable enough when you are trying to colour match.

I love to recycle hair. I have this very problem. Pinkie's Pink hair isn't a color I reuse now. Fluttershy Pink are also a bit off and so I just stay away form G4 pinks now.

Offline daisyd

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Daisy's Crazy Crafts
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 04:26:09 AM »
I didn't have anything suitable in the end (wut? I have a whole box full of hair.....) so I decided to just go with what I had in the end  :biggrin: two darker pinks, one light, and a white stripe in the mix too.
Thank you *wyvernchick* for my lovely avvie!

Offline Sawkinator

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 11:35:00 AM »
IIRC a lot of the G4s don't have exact matches with older gen hair colors - which is weird assuming that Hasbro is still using the same nylon supplier.

It's also really weird that Pinkie doesn't have a consistent hair color. Are you sure it's not because of fading or anything?  :blink: (of course it might just be Hasbro cutting production corners somehow)

Offline PrincessOfDarkness

• Queen of the Zombie Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • my dA
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 05:01:55 AM »
It's also really weird that Pinkie doesn't have a consistent hair color. Are you sure it's not because of fading or anything?  :blink: (of course it might just be Hasbro cutting production corners somehow)
My G4 baits are generally straight out of the box/package and into my bait bins. And in Pinkie's case, I checked 12ish ponies against each other trying to find a match - Jupi can attest to my absolutely losing my mind over this, I was ranting for a good half an hour as I sat surrounded by baits and hair. In hindsight, it would have been quite hysterical to watch :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart:  Never really open for commissions, but can be bribed ;)  :heart: SOOOO much Love to Jupi for my amazing Cupcake Zombie :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal