collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sprinkles on card without the Waterfall (+ baby ponies on cards)  (Read 3194 times)

Offline balletpot

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Avatar: Childhood Bow-Tie in a new outfit.
    • View Profile
I've been thinking about this for a while now. Around Christmas I got interested in ponies again and I dug out my childhood ones, plus I started looking for info on the internet: Ponyland Press, My Little Wiki, the Arena, MLP trading post, The My Little Pony Scrapbook etc. However there's one thing I haven't really found any info on. In my childhood herd I have Sprinkles. I got her in a toy store, in Sweden, on a card with Duck Soup, a towel and two rollers. I haven't seen any information about this release, nor seen a picture of her MOC, which I would love to. I wonder if I have all her accessories. Is she supposed to have a brush, a sticker or a ribbon? I have read about Sprinkles with the Waterfall and the MO Sprinkles but this one on the card is a bit of a mystery(?). Anyone that knows anything? And I absolutely hate myself for throwing out my saved MLP boxes/cards in my early 20's, dumb, dumb, dumb.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 10:07:06 AM by balletpot »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Sprinkles on card without the Waterfall
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 06:05:53 AM »
Wow, I've never heard of her being packaged like that! Looking forwards to hearing more info!

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 06:06:33 AM »
Interesting!  I've never heard of a carded Sprinkles before!  Can't wait to hear if anyone else knows about this.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 06:16:13 AM »
Yes - I have seen her this way before.

Towards the end of the US line we got quite a few ponies this way in Europe - from the playset ponies like Sprinkles and Tiddleywinks to some Mail Orders like Tux n Tails and even some of the original 6 mail order versions and birthflower ponies. Some of them came on cards [similar to regular ponies] and some of them came in little see through plastic bags with card secured at the top of the plastic.

They were all Hasbro products and it was simply a way to clear old stock and old ponies. Do you know how nowadays some stores carry end of line products at discounted prices? TK Maxx is kind of a good example of this in the UK and Ireland. In the 80s/early 90s there wasnt really a retailer doing this on a grand national/worldwide scale whose premise was to sell "current" but "end of the line" product therefore such items were often repacked and sold into countries where the same products had not previously or had not recently/widely been available.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 06:23:41 AM »
I agree, I have seen her on card, too, coming with her duck Soup :)

Thats her picture, I saved from Ebay a few years ago!

Offline balletpot

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Avatar: Childhood Bow-Tie in a new outfit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 06:29:06 AM »
Ah, thank you hathorcat and Sugarminty. That card is actually how I remembered it, much simpler than a regular MLP card/box. Oh crap, I see a ribbon. :( That means I'm missing another one. I have pretty much everything left for my childhood ponies but I'm low on ribbons for some reason. By the way, funny how the card says "Water Fall", why not just "Sprinkles"? Also, interesting you would mention Tux 'n Tales being sold like this because I think I remember seeing him in the toy store as a kid (and I thought it was a weird looking pony, the first male pony I had seen) and I got surprised when I recently learned that he was a mail order pony and is a bit rare. That explains it.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 06:36:29 AM by balletpot »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 06:37:33 AM »
Ah, thank you hathorcat and Sugarminty. That card is actually how I remembered it, much simpler than a regular MLP card/box. Oh crap, I see a ribbon. :( That means I'm missing another one. I have pretty much everything left for my childhood ponies but I'm low on ribbons for some reason. By the way, funny how the card says "Water Fall", why not just "Sprinkles"? Also, interesting you would mention Tux 'n Tales being sold like this because I think I remember seeing him in the toy store as a kid (and I thought it was a weird looking pony, the first male pony I had seen) and I got surprised when I recently learned that he was a mail order pony and is a bit rare. That explains it.

Yes - the card is even a half hearted attempt...there is nothing on the back of it either just plain brown cardboard...
Loa is my love god!

Offline Nienna

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 06:55:34 AM »
Wow that is awesome to see that pic Sugarminty, thanks for sharing!!

I never even heard of this, very cool to know :) Hasbro did some funny things back in the 80s!
She is
Cinderella in disguise, or the mermaid in despite
Of her very human feet, dancing in her ballroom suite

Offline Punaherukka

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 07:20:38 AM »
For the longest time I thought I had made up memories, when I recalled the moment my sister got this pony and the duck. I must have been four years old or younger, so my memories of it are a bit unclear but I could have sworn the toy was on a card. It's nice to know I didn't imagine the whole thing.

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2012, 07:28:33 AM »
WEIRD!  lol  Just when you think you know all thre is to know about the ponies...  XD

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2012, 07:34:21 AM »
WEIRD!  lol  Just when you think you know all thre is to know about the ponies...  XD

I dont think thats possible lol! Every time you think you know...something else pops up to confuse and educate! Lol....
Loa is my love god!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2012, 01:08:09 PM »
I never knew Sprinkles or so many other ponies came like that! You learn something new every day :D

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2012, 01:16:30 PM »

I dont think thats possible lol! Every time you think you know...something else pops up to confuse and educate! Lol....

I know! lol  Which is awesome

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline BigBrotherPony

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2012, 02:04:02 PM »
I had no idea you could buy them like that too!

I love it when I find out new mystery facts about G1s.

hathorcat you are like a walking pony encyclopaedia !

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2012, 03:07:41 PM »
for years I've thought it was a dream; but now I am sure about that I did saw a Tiddlywinks on card at my cousins birthdayparty! O__O
This...this changes like everything!
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal