collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I finally got a job.  (Read 1283 times)

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: I finally got a job.
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2017, 10:23:07 AM »
Oh, yikes. Yeah, that's a huge red flag. They can promise you whatever they want verbally, but if it's not in a signed, written contract, they don't need to honor anything and if you complain that you were supposed to be working 20 hours a week they can point to the contract and say "but this CLEARLY states 20 hours a month."

I would push back and request that they update the contract to reflect the hours you agreed to work. But between this and the owner not liking to pay people, you might do just as well to keep looking. I'm sorry I know you worked very hard to get this job. Sometimes very small companies are more flexible on their policies and pay schedule but flat out refusing to pay? No.

They could also try and not pay you for any hours worked above and beyond that 20/week because those weren't in your contract. Who knows? This is protect yourself time, not be nice to them time. Do make sure you're logging all hours worked in both their time tracking system and on your own, and even what you did to fill that time productively. It sounds like a pain but it may come in handy if things get ugly later. Ugh, I'm sorry.

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2017, 09:35:58 AM »
Congratulations on the job! Flexible hours is good, but if you're worried about a scamming issue with how much you actually get paid, then maybe is would be a good idea to keep your own time sheet? Write down when you come in and when you leave, or even take pictures of something electronic that has the date and time on it (like a phone or computer) to back you up in case you need it.

As far as mistakes go, I agree that your boss' should be understanding while you're still learning, but if you're worried you'll forget to do a step somwhere along the line, you could always make yourself a daily check list? Or something similar to refer to every now and then until you're set in your routine. I had to do that while I was learning the back office system here at work.

I hope the new job works out for you!  :D

Edited for spelling issues. :blush:
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline Lore-Lei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2017, 11:07:08 AM »
Already on those. We'll have to see at the end of the month.

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2017, 12:14:11 PM »
Congrats on the job!  If you have any concerns about fair wage laws and practices, please visit https://www.usa.gov/labor-laws (I am assuming that you are in the US).  There are very specific rules regarding payment for hours worked and classification of employees.  These can vary by state (see the .gov site for links to your state) and can carry high monetary penalties for employers who are not in compliance.  Educate yourself so that if your employer is trying to pull a fast one, you can come back with info to refute.  Hopefully, this is all just a misunderstanding though.  Good luck! :)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 12:16:35 PM by cookhuman »
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Offline Lore-Lei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2017, 01:02:21 PM »
I live in Hungary, but thanks for your concerns.

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2017, 04:12:02 PM »
Good luck with it!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal