collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Price Check European Ponies  (Read 664 times)

Offline StrawberryScoops

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Price Check European Ponies
« on: September 24, 2017, 06:35:42 AM »
I'm preparing for my first pony convention, UK PonyCon, and I'm trying to budget and create a priority list for my shopping. So I was wondering if I could get some help with general price guidelines for some European ponies as I don't know a lot about their price ranges. I put some prices in brackets that I saw on older price checks and was wondering if they're still accurate. Prices in USD, British pounds or Euros are fine as I'm trying to get used to the conversations between the 3 before travelling :)

Adults:
o   Purple Woosie
o   White Star Milky Way ($15?)
o   NSS Buttons with 7 buttons
o       Raindrop
o   Hopscotch ($15?)
o   Cascade     ($25?)
o   Sweetheart-Tales version

Babies:
o   NBBE Baby Heart Throb
o   Baby Starbow with purple streak
o   Baby Buttons
o   Baby Cherries Jubilee
o   Baby Diamond
o   Baby Hopscotch
o   Baby Candy

Sea Ponies:
o   Pearly Tiny Bubbles and float
o   Pearly Sea Star and float
o   Surf Dancer and shell

Dutch Ponies
o   Butterfly Pony    ($50?)
o   Shell Pony         ($50?)
o   Star Pony          ($50?)
o   Singalong Pony  ($50?)
o   Delphine Pony   ($50?)
o   Rabbit Pony
o   School Pony

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Price Check European Ponies
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 08:13:11 AM »
Yay for someone coming to Ponycon from across the Atlantic :D I really hope you have a safe flight over and that you have a really good time :D

I don't know the current conversion to $CAD but the £ is still pretty weak against the $US and the €, which may work in your favour.

My input is quite rough and others will be able to help you more but just to start the ball rolling. I tend to price sporadically in £ or $US so sorry for that :/

One important thing for you to remember is that at ponycon there are more likely to be multiple stalls with some of the same UK or European ponies on them. This sometimes can push the price of those ponies down a bit or enable some negotiations. Since they're native to these areas, they tend to be more plentiful at ponycon than they might be at a US or Canadian fair. That means in person prices are sometimes lower - also because there's not a currency conversion involved for the seller, or a paypal fee, or anything like that. So online prices do not always apply. Equally some ponies go the other way in person sales because of the convenience of being able to buy the pony without a shipping cost attached.

I think pretty much everyone at ponycon sells in £ no matter where they come from so that might be your most important price check/conversion currency from CAD$.

Purple Woosie - This is a US pony not a European one. Basically she's sold anywhere the Happytails are, but mostly Stateside.
o   White Star Milky Way ($15?) I would say that's probably around right. £8-10ish in GBP?
NSS Buttons with 7 buttons - I'd say about the same? £10ish? The one with 3 large buttons is also equally as common in the UK but I think they price about the same in good shape?
o       Raindrop - Never seen her at ponycon except in collection displays.
o   Hopscotch ($15?) If you're lucky you might get her for less. She's not hugely uncommon in the UK although finding one in good condition can be tricky. I think the last one I sold I sold for $10ish.
Cascade     ($25?) - I find it really hard to price Cascade :/
o   Sweetheart-Tales version - Tales ponies are still quite expensive sometimes, even here. The last one I saw for sale here anywhere in person was Clover for £35 at a toy fair and she wasn't in the best shape. I don't think Sweetheart is as expensive as that but you might want to keep in mind...I would say maybe around £25-30 but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Babies:
o    Baby Heart Throb - I think she's now the most expensive of the set. It also depends if you want one with winged hearts or plain hearts. The latter is more common in the UK but rarer online, for some reason. I've seen her sell quite high. I mean over $70 :/
o   Baby Starbow with purple streak - Online she can probably sell for more but in person in a UK meet I wouldn't expect her much more than £5ish as she's the native version. Quite possibly less.

The ones below are potentially costly. Buttons and CJ, Hopscotch aren't from the UK so only tend to appear occasionally. Diamond and Candy are quite sought after even here. Someone else will know a more accurate price range but Diamond may be cheaper if her tinsel is damaged - minty tinsel will make her more expensive :/
Baby Buttons
o   Baby Cherries Jubilee
o   Baby Diamond
o   Baby Hopscotch
o   Baby Candy

Sea Ponies:
o   Pearly Tiny Bubbles and float- see below.
o   Pearly Sea Star and float - I have one of these in my box with her float and I think I'm going to sell her for around $15-18 so I would work around that for all the UK sea ponies. Maybe less in person. The same would apply for the alternate pose pearlies from the UK set. The floats are the same as the US ones so you might get a better deal buying the pony separately.
o   Surf Dancer and shell - Surfdancer's shell is the same as one of the US sea ponies' shells, so you might save money just buying the pony. I think the last one I sold for about £15-20ish.

Dutch Ponies
- No idea about these but they do appear at ponycon. We have some Dutch regulars who come over for the event as well and some of them sell. Maybe they can advise you on prices for these?
o   Butterfly Pony   
o   Shell Pony       
o   Star Pony         
o   Singalong Pony 
o   Delphine Pony 
o   Rabbit Pony
o   School Pony
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 08:35:03 AM »
No help on the PC, but have a GREAT time!!  We'd love to see your brag post when you return.  Travel safely! :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline StrawberryScoops

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 09:49:44 AM »
Thank you so much @Taffeta for all your detailed information! It is super helpful. I'm so looking forward to meeting everyone and getting to see ponies that weren't released on this side of the Atlantic. And no worries about not using the Canadian Dollar, even I price ponies in terms of US dollars, since it's the most common price reference. It's also going to be the first time I see so many ponies in one place! I'm super excited.

Thanks @lovesbabysquirmy. I'll do a brag post once I get back and settled. Although, I may be a little embarrassed about how much I may have bought! I may have to leave clothes behind at the hotel to fit ponies in my suitcase ;)

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 10:00:01 AM »

Thank you so much @Taffeta for all your detailed information! It is super helpful. I'm so looking forward to meeting everyone and getting to see ponies that weren't released on this side of the Atlantic. And no worries about not using the Canadian Dollar, even I price ponies in terms of US dollars, since it's the most common price reference. It's also going to be the first time I see so many ponies in one place! I'm super excited.

No problem!
Ponycon is very busy and people are super-friendly and it's really nice being in a room full of ponies O.O.  I hope you manage to find lots of treasures to make your trip worthwhile. I would love to be able to go to a pony meet in another country. It'd be so interesting!

Maybe find out where the nearest post office is to your hotel in case you have to ship stuff home ;) So long as the box size has sides adding up to less than 90cm the postage cost isn't as insane as parcelforce post and it's quite easy to post stuff overseas ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline StrawberryScoops

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 10:17:55 AM »

No problem!
Ponycon is very busy and people are super-friendly and it's really nice being in a room full of ponies O.O.  I hope you manage to find lots of treasures to make your trip worthwhile. I would love to be able to go to a pony meet in another country. It'd be so interesting!

Maybe find out where the nearest post office is to your hotel in case you have to ship stuff home ;) So long as the box size has sides adding up to less than 90cm the postage cost isn't as insane as parcelforce post and it's quite easy to post stuff overseas ;)

Again, thank you! I never even thought of mailing ponies to myself!

This trip combines a lot of checks on my bucket list. I've always wanted to travel to England and am excited to finally be heading there. I leave in two weeks! I've also always wanted to go to a pony convention and meet other collectors and be in a room full of collection displays and vendors. I decided this was the year to check off the pony convention and when I found out about Hascon replacing the Pony Fair I decided it wasn't for me. Then I had the wonderful realization that I could combine my dream of going to England and a pony convention :) It's perfect for me. I was always going to have to travel to go to a fair but this way I combine it with a destination I've always wanted to go to. Plus, international ponies ;)

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 10:22:26 AM »

No problem!

Again, thank you! I never even thought of mailing ponies to myself!

This trip combines a lot of checks on my bucket list. I've always wanted to travel to England and am excited to finally be heading there. I leave in two weeks! I've also always wanted to go to a pony convention and meet other collectors and be in a room full of collection displays and vendors. I decided this was the year to check off the pony convention and when I found out about Hascon replacing the Pony Fair I decided it wasn't for me. Then I had the wonderful realization that I could combine my dream of going to England and a pony convention :) It's perfect for me. I was always going to have to travel to go to a fair but this way I combine it with a destination I've always wanted to go to. Plus, international ponies ;)

Definitely bring an umbrella ;) October is prone to being a bit wet. I mean, wetter than usual. Well, just bring one.

Are you planning on visiting lots of places then as well as ponycon? If you're going in 2 weeks I guess you are, which is awesome :D I'd love to visit Canada one day - one of my old school friends lives out there now, and the pictures she posts are so pretty :)

You could always mail back the laundry xD. Though that'd probably be more expensive...

Definitely have a safe flight :) And yeah. Bring an umbrella. And a raincoat. And jumpers. And sunglasses. Just in case. (British survival kit - always have an umbrella and sunglasses with you because sometimes you might need them. Both. At once.)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal