collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 606
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: NaNoWriMo! Chat Thread!  (Read 4589 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
NaNoWriMo! Chat Thread!
« on: October 14, 2016, 09:13:29 AM »
It's that time again, my writer friends! :D November is almost upon us!

Have you gone to the NaNo site and set up your novel yet? :D
http://nanowrimo.org

My NaNoWriMo buddy list is like 4 pages long, but most of my friends have dropped it over the years. :( I need more buddies to keep me motivated! If you would like to be added to my Buddy List, please post your NaNo username here! And you can add me too. My NaNo username is ryuukokoro  :biggrin:

Let's make this a giant chat thread, NaNoWriMoers! What's the first topic of conversation? Why, tell us a little synopsis about the novel you're writing this year, of course!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: NaNoWriMo! Chat Thread!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 09:14:42 AM »
Wait---already?!

*flails*

Im not sure if ill have time this year @.o
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Wild Raspberry

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Be the change you want to see.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 09:48:01 AM »
Woot! Woot! Really want to participate but as I'm currently swamped with school, I'm not sure it's an option.  Also I'm terrible at novels, perhaps I will do a short story sort of thing, or even a Novella.  Anyways, good luck to all of you who do it!!! Writers Rock!

theamazingfetus

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 12:49:59 PM »
I always suck at this every year, but this year I am determined to work it until the end. I found out that my town has a nanowrimo meetup scheduled, so I really want to attend that, in hopes that having actual real life people to keep me in check will be the motivation I need to make it work this time.

My novella will be called Necrophobia, a steampunk setting horror/thriller with a lot of mysteries, ciphers and character exposition.

Offline Storybelle

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 03:16:23 PM »
I completed it last year with my FIM fic and am attempting it this year. It should be easier as I'm doing a joint novel with my BFF and therefore am only doing 25,000 words...however, my BFF just went back to uni for her PHD and I'm not sure she'll manage the pressure.

But I get to write about mermaids for 30 days straight. At least it'll start us off. :)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 04:08:56 PM »
Every year I want to do this and every year I get too busy.  I sort of wish it came during a different month.  Anyone know why they picked November?  :)

Hoping I'll have the time this year to complete it.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 06:12:00 PM »
@theamazingfetus - Your novel sounds awesome! I love stories with ciphers in them. :D

@Storybelle - There's some really awesome mermaid stories out there right now! Good luck on yours!

@scarletjul - According to the NaNo website History page, originally the event was held in July but they moved it to November on the second year to take advantage of horrible weather that keeps you cooped up indoors lol.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2016, 07:17:08 PM »
I might give it a shot this year, but not in a traditional way. I gave it a shot the usual way back in 2008 but I failed kind of miserably. Since then its been pretty much constant writer's block that I only just started to break free of this year. I might go for a 50k word month of nothing in particular to help keep me on track. I don't want to "relapse" to never writing but my usual subjects are over until April/May so this might be helpful.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2016, 08:40:11 PM »
@scarletjul - According to the NaNo website History page, originally the event was held in July but they moved it to November on the second year to take advantage of horrible weather that keeps you cooped up indoors lol.

Ah, that would explain it.  I live in CA, so our weather never gets quite that bad.  :) 
With school and holidays, I usually end up pretty busy in November. 

Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Thrice

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I drop science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2016, 11:52:34 PM »
I honestly love hearing about everything NaNoWriMo though I could never do it. My goal for November is to get my (sluggishly crafted) manuscript over 100k.

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2016, 11:56:16 PM »
Arg, Every year I say I will buckle down and participate, every year I walk away with a glorious total of 0 words. I do want to draft a story though, so this is a great excuse to start.

Can there be an arena support group?  :lol:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2016, 02:29:27 PM »

That's kinda why I started this thread! lol. We can do support for each other to encourage through our writing blocks, chat/brainstorm to get creative juices flowing, maybe even do some group events like word wars! :D

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2016, 03:37:14 AM »
I have a couple of pony ideas for this month that I've had rattling around for a while.  One is Wind Whistler, Fizzy, Shady, and Gusty go on an adventure immediately following the events of "Mish Mash Melee" and the other is Megan becomes the apprentice of the Weather Witch.  Though, I don't know if they're only 50k word stories.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2016, 03:44:46 AM »

That's kinda why I started this thread! lol. We can do support for each other to encourage through our writing blocks, chat/brainstorm to get creative juices flowing, maybe even do some group events like word wars! :D

Ah yes! Sounds fun. Count me in...I just need to make sure I don't get lazy on day 1.  :lol: Soooo, some of you already shared, but what is everyone's general ideas?

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2016, 05:28:53 AM »
Ah yes! Sounds fun. Count me in...I just need to make sure I don't get lazy on day 1.  :lol: Soooo, some of you already shared, but what is everyone's general ideas?

I'm doing that whole "take a photo every day for a year" thing and I'm thinking about writing based on my daily photos. Still unsure if I want to try and keep a consistent theme/characters/anything or just have each day be a solo thing.

After doing the math 20-25k would probably be my goal if I go for it. 50k is just too much with everything else on my plate right now but I'd like to do *something*.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal