collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Buyer to possibly avoid  (Read 1956 times)

Offline Cassie85

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Buyer to possibly avoid
« on: January 23, 2015, 05:51:58 PM »
So I have a weird and frustrating situation. I've had some ponies posted for sale here and on the trade post site. One of the ponies I have for sale is my baby princess sparkle with complete buggy. I have her listed for $180. So far I have had nothing but bad luck trying to sell her. In desperation I even listed her on ebay for $150. Someone tried to buy her, but because they had no feedback anywhere that I could see I canceled the purchase.

Anyways, the situation I'm talking about is on the trade post. A few weeks back I was contacted by someone in Singapore asking me to sell baby and buggy to her for $70. I explained that that was well under what this set was worth and could not lower it that much. She then told me that I was wrong, baby was only worth $20 and buggy was worth $50. I again told her the price was set and would not be lowered. She messaged me again quite a few times telling me to consider selling to her. I got tired of this so I told her I was not interested in doing business with her.

So then last week I get a message from someone else on the trade post, brand new member, asking if the set was still available. I told her yes, and asked if she was located in the US. She told me she was. After some back and forth we agreed on $155 for the set. She messaged me this morning after sending me the money through paypal. Needless to say I was not pleased. She now tells me that she does not live in the US but (you guessed it) Singapore. She then proceeds to tell me that due to currency conversion and what not, paypal will be taking fees out of the payment she sent me. So what I would Actually be getting is $95.00. I canceled the payment and told her that paypal fees were on her and not to contact me till she can pay the full amount. Honestly, even if she does come up with the full amount I don't think I'll sell to her. She has been dishonest and tried to get one of my beloved childhood ponies for dirt cheap. The only reason I'm even considering selling this pony is because I'm struggling right now. Its difficult to sell her and this person is taking advantage of that.
If anyone is interested in her username(s) let me know.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 01:52:25 AM by Loa »
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
Re: Buyer to possibly avoid
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 07:13:10 PM »
Since this happened at the TP, did you let the mods over there know? Creating a second account for shady behavior like this is a ban-able offense.

Offline MustBeJewel

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • MD Pony Meet Hostess
    • View Profile
    • www.MustBeJewel.com
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 07:25:54 PM »
Since this happened at the TP, did you let the mods over there know? Creating a second account for shady behavior like this is a ban-able offense.

We have no record of this on the TP. I am confused as to why it is being posted here on a separate forum instead of discussed with our mods. We would be more than happy to help if you could give us more information, Cassie85.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

MustBeJewel.com 🌟 My Little Obsession 🌟 MD Pony Meet

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 08:02:03 PM »
Yikes, that's no fun. Sorry this person has been putting you through this. :( It must be hard, too, when it's a childhood pony you don't really want to let go of -- you want her to go to a good home.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 01:52:47 AM »
I am sorry for the trouble you are going through. I think it is wise to contact a Mod on the trading post, regarding the situation though. They will have proper access to this persons profile and be able to help you out.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 02:03:02 AM »
Please do contact the TP mods, posting about it here seems a little like tattling. They are more than happy to help. :)

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Cassie85

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 04:41:10 AM »
A mod over therewas contacted.
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 04:50:21 AM »
I'm so sorry you had to deal with this dishonest person :(  I would not want to deal with them either TBH and I would not sell them the pony/buggy. Lying, low balling and making another account  are all no no's!  :mad:
Maybe the first Mod you contacted at the TP didn't get your message? I know sometimes they go missing here occasionally... so perhaps try messaging that Mod again or try another Mod over at the TP so they can help sort out this situation for you :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Sunlight

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 06:23:23 AM »
Hmmm.  Not too long ago I had a new member here message me quite a bit trying to haggle with me on a couple G1 babies.  They weren't really expensive but she was definitely trying to lowball.  When I asked for her location for a shipping quote she said US, but when I checked out her posts on here (which I did because she was new and had no feedback), she stated she was from Singapore.  I found that very odd, but I do know some international buyers have friends in the US who will ship all their small purchases in one large shipment to save on shipping.  I finally agreed to a fairly low price, but then she wanted super detailed descriptions and backed out because they weren't NM (in which case the price we agreed to would have been a steal).  All in all she gave me a really weird vibe and I was relieved when she backed out.  I am wondering if this is the same buyer.
Looking for Italian Sunlight w/ freckles and South African Sunlight!

Offline Cassie85

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015, 08:10:10 AM »

I'm gonna pm you with the two usernames. It sort of sounds lume the same person.

Hmmm.  Not too long ago I had a new member here message me quite a bit trying to haggle with me on a couple G1 babies.  They weren't really expensive but she was definitely trying to lowball.  When I asked for her location for a shipping quote she said US, but when I checked out her posts on here (which I did because she was new and had no feedback), she stated she was from Singapore.  I found that very odd, but I do know some international buyers have friends in the US who will ship all their small purchases in one large shipment to save on shipping.  I finally agreed to a fairly low price, but then she wanted super detailed descriptions and backed out because they weren't NM (in which case the price we agreed to would have been a steal).  All in all she gave me a really weird vibe and I was relieved when she backed out.  I am wondering if this is the same buyer.
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2015, 08:58:35 AM »
I would appreciate if Sunlight would PM the user names from here to me  ;)
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline MustBeJewel

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • MD Pony Meet Hostess
    • View Profile
    • www.MustBeJewel.com
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2015, 09:04:47 AM »
A mod over therewas contacted.

Thank you Cassie, I have received your PM and I'll look into it right away. :)

MustBeJewel.com 🌟 My Little Obsession 🌟 MD Pony Meet

Offline Tigerlilyx

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • ♫ Portugal - Walk The Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 06:57:11 AM »
Oops sorry for jumping onto this thread too late!  :blush: May I know the usernames of this Singapore buyer too? I have a hunch who it is but I would like confirm it. Recently there's a bad seed among us and I wish to protect the local community as much as possible.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 07:29:02 AM »
Could this be the reason for the recent "I'm being vague but I did something bad and I want forgiveness because it really wasn't all that bad" thread over there? 

I'd like the usernames, please. 

freyjaloh

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2015, 07:32:05 AM »
Sorry to hear that! I tink u r talking abt a new member that join the arena recently! Well, i am from Singapore and i am a good paying proper customer! Sad that my fellow country woman doing tis here!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal