collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Would like some advice on this one..  (Read 885 times)

squishy turdl

• Trade Count: (0)
Would like some advice on this one..
« on: November 25, 2014, 02:08:35 PM »
I recently purchased a pony related item through etsy, (the seller is also a member here) and saw her advertisement in a post here on the arena and decided to buy something from her. It's only about the 2nd or 3rd time that I've brought something through etsy so I'm not totally sure how things work there.

Anyhow I brought my pony related item, paid the expensive overseas shipping and for the item. and then waited patiently. the seller noted that she ships immediately or within 72 hours, in the worse case scenario never more than 1 week. My item wasn't shipped until 3 weeks later. This upset me, but I thought I'll hang in there maybe they used a express post or something to make up for it. I didn't get a message or a sorry or something.

20 more days go by and I get a notification today in the post that the package has been pulled into customs, and I have to take time off from work to go in and pick it up, pay handling charges and possibly taxes too possibly around ($50). It has been noted that there was NO customs forms filled out, no value given on the parcel (it was only 20$) and no invoice stuck to the box... Something that should be standard knowledge for any seller who sells items overseas from a store. 

I am feeling a bit angry right now, I haven't contact the seller yet wanted to get my facts straight and get some advice here before I go ahead. I don't know if there is some kind of feedback system on Etsy (I assume so) or if it would fall under the feedback realm here on the arena.. I know this is getting a little far ahead of myself, as I would like to have some kind of communication and/or resolution from the seller before I even think about feedback.

At no point did I get any contact from the seller.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 02:49:10 PM by squishy turdl »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Would like some advise on this one..
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 02:19:23 PM »
I can relate to your frustration. I would be a tad disappointed on the shipping time.  However I am not understanding that no customs form was filled out. Was this purchase from the United States? I want to be clear before I comment.

I don't know if there is some kind of feedback system on Etsy (I assume so) or if it would fall under the feedback realm here on the arena

Etsy has their own feedback system. We do not allow feedback to be left for purchases off site. The arena feedback system is for Arena only transactions. I hope that helps clear up your question there. I will further comment when I know where the purchase was coming from.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

squishy turdl

Re: Would like some advise on this one..
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 02:28:52 PM »
Ok good thanks for the clarification about the feedback, good to know for later, although I'm hoping to get a resolution well before that.

Sorry I should have mentioned.. yes the item came from the states. I found it strange too.. because from what I understand it is something required when you mail an item. I could be wrong though..

Have added a few more details in my post above.

Offline Sunlight

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Would like some advice on this one..
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 03:05:55 PM »
I would wait until you clarify exactly what the problem is in customs before contacting the seller.  But, to be honest, the fact that she took 3 weeks to ship (with no communication on top of that) is completely unacceptable.

As a seller if I made that kind of error with the customs form I would be reimbursing you for the fees you will be charged - if I made a mistake, I should have to pay for it.  It is pretty surprising if there really was no customs form; USPS does not allow this.  If you print a shipping label online it automatically makes you fill one out, and if you go to the counter at the post office the clerks will make you fill one out (I've never not had one tell me to fill it out).  I'm surprised it slipped by and got all the way to Germany.  In any event, I don't think you should be responsible for the fees.  Just my two cents.
Looking for Italian Sunlight w/ freckles and South African Sunlight!

Artsy Craftsy

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 05:00:25 PM »
I have shipped a lot of stuff overseas (mostly Japan) and always always always always have to fill out a customs form! It's stuck to the box so customs can look it over. The post office always looks over the forms too, so I'm wondering how it got so far with only being caught just now?

And the 3 weeks thing with no communication? I wouldn't be working with that seller again.

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 12:09:11 AM »
Are you sure it took three weeks to ship, or just three weeks to get there? Also, when I print my labels, the custom form is already filled in? Was the label printed or hand written?

Offline h1m3.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 02:19:30 AM »
If there has been some messing up with customs forms etc. It can be the reason why it did take so long to get your country (maybe..). The post officers and custom workers maybe weren't sure how to handle the package..

squishy turdl

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 04:13:31 AM »
Just an update on this one, Thank you to everyone for their feedback and suggestions. I sat down last night and wrote an email with that all in mind.

I have spoken with the seller and she was totally awesome and understanding.

Unfortunately yes it was 3 weeks before it was shipped, as it didn't arrive till 4 1/2 weeks after purchase. However she claims she was on holidays for 2 weeks, and everything in the shop was updated..  it seems something must have not been saved or updated correctly and was very apologetic. She even offered to send me another one free of charge.

I believe her story and good intentions so we are working on a resolution that will the best for both of us.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2014, 04:30:04 AM »
That's great news squishy! I hope everything will go smoothly for you from here on out.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2014, 04:04:46 PM »
I'm so glad you and your seller are managing to work things out   :hug:  :bigups:  It sounds like a very frustrating situation for both of you and the customs thing ..I don't know how on earth that happened as you have to do a customs form before you can post the item  :huh:  , but anyways, you are sorting it out now , so hopefully this will turn out well for you in the end  :)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal