collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question about E-cheques?  (Read 268 times)

Offline Saoirse

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Part time collector, Full time addict!
    • View Profile
Question about E-cheques?
« on: March 13, 2014, 10:58:02 AM »
This isn't technically mlp so I hope this is okay to post..I'm not sure where else to ask!

Basically I only just noticed the huge difference with fees on paypal between paying with balance/e-cheque and credit card. I have always used my card when buying anything, but I'm buying an expensive pony from a member here, which I've agreed to send as gift, and the fees look like they're really gonna add up! I ha e my bank account verified but I can only seem to pay via credit card, is there an option to choose paying by bank account?

Its for the sake of saving myself a few fees but if it can't be done feck it I'll just have to be done with it :lol: I thought maybe it was only an option in the US, but I googled and someone said they had used e-cheque so Im confused..!

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Question about E-cheques?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 11:43:02 AM »
Please, don't ever buy anything by sending as a gift, especially not if it's something expensive.  You'll have no recourse if anything goes wrong.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 12:15:19 PM »
I also agree that it's better to not pay as gift (just to cover yourself should something go wrong), if the seller wants you to cover the fees then you can just tack that on to the amount that you're sending them via payment as goods.

However that wasn't what you asked, so I can say that my paypal is set up so that my bank account (instant transfer and/or echeque) are the payment of choice, my credit card is set up as secondary. I think in order to pay using an alternate method that you have to go into your settings and change it, but I could be wrong. I just know that I'm not usually given the option on how to pay except on ebay purchases.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Saoirse

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 12:34:43 PM »
Well, it will take me a few months to pay off so the paypal window will be closed anyway..?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 08:07:29 AM by Saoirse »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 04:12:45 PM »
Paypal has made it incredibly hard to pay with an e-check, due to the seller having to wait longer to receive their funds and in return a longer shipping time to the buyer. It's not impossible to change it though.  :)

Sign in to your Paypal, hit send money, enter her email, amount being sent and whether your paying for goods or gift, hit continue.  If you look on the next page you should be able to click "change" under Payment method. It will then take you to another page titled Funding Options and that is where you should be able to change it to echeck.

Hope that helps!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Saoirse

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 09:55:07 AM »
Thank you for the help! :heart:

Paypal are rip off enough with fees so any saving is great!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal