collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 1st time ebay sales advice please  (Read 970 times)

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
1st time ebay sales advice please
« on: July 03, 2016, 12:48:55 AM »
I have forayed into the murky world of ebay selling and out of 8 auctions which ended with a bid, only 4 have been paid. The auctions ended on Friday evening, its now Sunday morning.  How long should I wait until I give the auction winner a little nudge to remind them that they still need to pay?

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: 1st time ebay sales advice please
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 01:39:41 AM »
Hi lovely! I always put 'please pay within three days on my listings and then if no payment by the end of three days I send a message. Sometimes they are waiting to see if you are going to lsit more ponies and ask to combine shipping.  Also this time of year gets a bit silly because of holidays.  Hope this helpsxXx
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 01:45:36 AM »
Thanks. One of them was a combined shipment request but I responded to that straight away.  Well I will give them until Tuesday after I have shipped out those who have paid and send a polite reminder.

Then I'll get the thumb screws out  :P 

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 12:34:45 PM »
What I sometimes do is resend the invoice with my payment requirements in the notes section rather than send a reminder to pay note.  I don't know I just think its less pushy that way.  I have had people get all in a twist when I ask for money from them.  Even when they have been dragging their virtual feet for a week.  The invoice is less personal. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 01:21:22 PM »
I have a three day payment policy in my listings.  After the listings end, I'll send an invoice and if I don't hear anything by the 4th day or so, I'll open a non-payment case.  When I open the case I also send a little note along with it just reminding people that they still have 4 days to pay until the case closes and to get in touch with me if they have any problems.  I'd prefer people to email me beforehand, but as long as they keep in contact  and aren't unreasonable, I don't mind waiting in most cases :)

The summer can definitely be strange for payments though, and yours ended on a long weekend, so hopefully you'll be paid up shortly :)  Good luck selling!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 05:02:07 AM »
you have good advice already here - thanks everyone :bigups:

Personally I give them 4 days - and I have that in my auctions/listings too and as part of the message when I send an invoice (with a polite note that if they cant pay within 4 days then to contact me).  After the 4 days I'll send them a reminder message. If they don't respond 3 days after that (if I'm feeling generous!) then I'll open a non paying bidder case. Its up to you how long you want to give them. I'll give them  a bit longer if they contact me first and request a bit longer or if its a holiday or weekend
 if you don't set a specific time some can reeeeaaally drag it out as to if/when they bother to pay :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2016, 10:44:42 AM »
Thanks for your advise :)

All 8 of my won auctions paid  :relaxed:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2016, 03:05:18 PM »
Thanks for your advise :)

All 8 of my won auctions paid  :relaxed:

:newpony:

I've had some trouble with buyers not paying recently as well, or pulling weird stunts over postage or the 'best offer' system.  Ebay is a lot more hassle than it used to be, but luckily I've nearly finished selling off all my spare stuff.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal