collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Zelfs! Ohmygosh they're way too cute.  (Read 162890 times)

Ianthe99

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Zelfs! Ohmygosh they're way too cute.
« Reply #195 on: October 05, 2013, 01:29:47 AM »
I was thinking about getting one of the large ones with down turned ears and turning it into Ludo from Labyrinth. They just look like him to me. I might, someday, if I find one in a thrift store.

Offline DreamLight

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 05, 2013, 01:41:46 AM »
They are so cute i've seen ads for them on tv but can't say i've seen them in stores (though i rarely go anywhere but to ponies when I do wonder into toy sections)

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 05, 2013, 12:49:38 PM »
Venus Flytrap w/ Tressa
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
I'm totally going to get that set! :frolic:

My Wal Mart had this set on sale for 10 dollars. I almost got it.

Offline Sukeile

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Dancing through life, Brainless and careless
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #198 on: October 06, 2013, 05:30:10 AM »
I was thinking about getting one of the large ones with down turned ears and turning it into Ludo from Labyrinth. They just look like him to me. I might, someday, if I find one in a thrift store.
Oh that is such a wonderful idea! I hope you do it, and share the results of course ;)

Avatar by Griffin. Carebear by MistyBlue2010 and Pony by Lina. Thank you <3
Join My Little Pony Facebook group!/ My Wishlist/ My Etsy/  Polly Pocket Locket

SydneyGrey

« Reply #199 on: October 06, 2013, 10:23:03 AM »
I saw this on Flickr.  Someone called Liddlebutton (who could be on this forum, for all I know) posted this picture, and said the Zelf art is based on the art of a sculptor named Amber Matthies.  She said Moose Toys had contacted the artist and asked if they could base their Zelfs on her work, and she said yes.  Matthies now gets a cut of the proceeds from the Zelfs. 

Here is the Flickr picture I saw: http://www.flickr.com/photos/liddlebutton/10089558864/in/pool-2275283@N23
And here is Amber Matthies' Etsy site: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Trollflings?ref=shop_sugg

You can definitely see the Zelf faces in some of her work!  I love that.  I thought everybody here would be interested.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 10:27:57 AM by SydneyGrey »

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 06, 2013, 10:27:28 AM »
I was trying to ignore these, but I may have to get one or two. I was completely obsessed with Treasure Trolls when I was a kid, so I guess it's not surprising I like these. I can't have another collection (no room), so I think I only want Pega Sue and that pink & black one with the bats because she reminds me of Draculaura.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 06, 2013, 10:43:55 AM »
SydneyGrey I saw that too! Her dragon princess trollfling and frog monster trollfling she has up right now especially look like the Zelfs!

ShortyBoo Be careful! It's so easy to want them all once you get started! XD I didn't think I'd have room either. I MADE room :lol: the ponies got a shelf stolen. I honestly don't know what I'll do whenever they come out with "season 2" of these. :lookround:

SydneyGrey

« Reply #202 on: October 06, 2013, 11:38:48 AM »
It's so easy to want them all once you get started! XD I didn't think I'd have room either. I MADE room :lol: the ponies got a shelf stolen. I honestly don't know what I'll do whenever they come out with "season 2" of these.
LOL. That's hilarious, because I just sold five of my ponies on eBay to make room for Zelfs on one of the shelves.  I'm pretty much not buying any more pony toys, anyway, with the exception of those darling minis.  (I just recently got the Cake Family mini set. It's so cute!)

Yeah, I started out by buying just one Zelf.  Just one (Garny). Then I bought a second one (Angel).  Then I saw Toys R Us had them on sale AND I also had a 20% off coupon, so I ended up getting almost the whole line of medium Zelfs.  I still haven't gotten any of the large or tiny ones yet.  I don't think I want to start buying the other sizes, just the mediums.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 11:50:42 AM by SydneyGrey »

TwilightOwl

« Reply #203 on: October 06, 2013, 11:55:34 AM »
That would be fantastic!

I saw this on Flickr.  Someone called Liddlebutton (who could be on this forum, for all I know) posted this picture, and said the Zelf art is based on the art of a sculptor named Amber Matthies.  She said Moose Toys had contacted the artist and asked if they could base their Zelfs on her work, and she said yes.

Thanks for posting! The only problem now is that I want to buy from her Etsy Store.  :biggrin:

Offline DreamLight

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 07, 2013, 02:48:14 AM »
does anybody have collection pictures? I'd love to see all the different kinds

TwilightOwl

« Reply #205 on: October 07, 2013, 06:08:45 AM »
If photobucket would cooperate I would have a couple more photos to share. Here are some photos of my collection

Spoiler
Here are all of my medium and large Zelfs (and the playset in the background).

Here is a mini. I've been displaying those on a bouquet of colored pencils.

These are some of the photos I also posted on the other thread, hence the spoiler.

SydneyGrey

« Reply #206 on: October 09, 2013, 10:33:18 AM »
TwilightOwl:  I love your pics, especially the whole line of Zelfs on the shelf.  I love how you made a color rainbow out of them. 

*Falls over from the cute*

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 09, 2013, 02:57:10 PM »
Sooooooooooo I have fallen in love with these things. ;__; They are so gosh darn cute!

I'm having a lot of trouble finding them! There's 4 Walmarts and 1 TRU within an hour drive of my house. I've been to TRU and found a couple, but the shelf was almost empty. (I brought Flamy home with me!) And after that I went to 2 of the 4 walmarts, but neither of them had any Zelfs that I could see. :(

Where are people finding these little guys, in Walmart? Are they in the 'girly' pink aisle of toys? Or the As Seen On Tv section? Or like, are they on an endcap in the toy aisle? And does anyone have the UPC code I can use to call the other 2 Walmarts and see if they have them?

Thanks for your help! ^.^ I wanna find more!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

SydneyGrey

« Reply #208 on: October 10, 2013, 02:10:57 AM »
I have three Walmarts in my area, and only one of those carries the Zelfs, so not all Walmarts have them.  At the one Walmart where they stock Zelfs, they had them on the same aisle as the Monster High dolls.  That of course doesn't mean they'll be on the same aisle in your stores, though. 

My Toys R Us (a whole 35-minute drive from my house ... grrrr ... wish it were closer) has a huge selection of Zelfs.  They've apparently figured out they're gaining popularity, so my TRU now has given them their own island display in the walkway near the "girl" toys.  Before that, they displayed them on the same aisle with the My Little Pony stuff.

I don't have the UPC numbers, sorry.  :(
I hope this helps somebody find them more easily.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 02:12:55 AM by SydneyGrey »

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 10, 2013, 02:59:06 AM »
Thanks, SydneyGrey!! That at least gives me some ideas on where to look. ^_^

My TRU had them in the clearance isle. o.0 But there was no clearance stickers on the boxes, unlike all the toys on the surrounding shelves. I honestly have no idea how they got there. It was very weird, I thought at the time.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal