collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Zelfs! Ohmygosh they're way too cute.  (Read 162937 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Zelfs! Ohmygosh they're way too cute.
« Reply #165 on: September 23, 2013, 05:21:43 PM »
Are these available anywhere besides WalMart and TRU? I'm headed out of town tomorrow and I'm planning on trying to hunt some down. There's one WalMart in my town, and that's the only store within 45 minutes' drive that would have them, and no luck. How does WalMart's pricing compare to TRU? (I think they're usually about $7 at TRU, is that right?)
Here in Alabama, I've only seen them at Walmart and Toys R Us.  I haven't seen them at Target yet.  They aren't even at all Walmarts here. ... Just SOME Walmarts.  There are three Walmarts in my general area, and only one is carrying Zelfs so far.  I only looked at the pricing of the mediums, but the mediums were $1 more apiece at TRU.  Walmart had them $5.99 and at TRU they were $6.99 (when they aren't on sale). 

I really want a Clover!  But if I never get one, I can live without.  I'm a collector, but not a completist-type collector.  She's cute, though!  I hope I find one in the store, but I don't think I'm going to drive myself crazy driving around town trying to find one.  LOL. 

By the way, I just checked ... the Toys R Us sale is still going on as of today (Monday, Sept. 23).  They're still $4.99 there.

I am the opposite. While I like the medium ones I could live without them all if I just can have Miss Clover. Her color scheme, her markings, just her general theme. She just would mean so much to me but I can't afford to pay the crazy eBay prices.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

GummiPony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #166 on: September 23, 2013, 05:36:46 PM »
I agree that I don't think Miss Clover is going to hold that kind of price on ebay. I think as more are discovered and make it to ebay, her price will fall. I'm going to see how it goes with one and possible consider listing the other. I like Zelfs,but honestly that's a heck of a turn around and if someone is willing to fork out that kind of money then by all means BID lol. I'm not that attached to it

Offline Lyra

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 23, 2013, 06:11:00 PM »
I agree that I don't think Miss Clover is going to hold that kind of price on ebay. I think as more are discovered and make it to ebay, her price will fall. I'm going to see how it goes with one and possible consider listing the other. I like Zelfs,but honestly that's a heck of a turn around and if someone is willing to fork out that kind of money then by all means BID lol. I'm not that attached to it

Totally agree, I mean, I wont advise people what to do with their stuff because I'd feel sooo bad if I turned out to be wrong later.
... But... *IF IT WAS ME*... I wouldn't buy for $100 because it looks like peak - better to wait for drop.

(10,000 is a big edition size!)

The LE disney dolls that people are going crazy over, (whee me too!) are limited to 6,000 and even those only increase by maybe twice their original value over time (on average, it differs a lot per character). They are released at the same time. They are a lot more popular than Zelf's.

Miss Clover is a crazy twenty times the original value (from $4 to $100) (%2000 change that is absolutely crazy!) But she is extremely new and seeing a really gradual hard-to-find release, surely it'll just start dropping after a while. They are still so new.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 06:17:19 PM by Lyra »
Lyra Silvertongue - not Heartstrings!

Offline Beachball

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://pokemontreasury.tumblr.com/
« Reply #168 on: September 23, 2013, 07:43:50 PM »
Venus Flytrap w/ Tressa
I'm totally going to get that set! :frolic:

My Pokémon Blog: http://pokemontreasury.tumblr.com/

ValhallaLilly

« Reply #169 on: September 24, 2013, 06:06:02 AM »
I found a Miss Clover. But I'm going to sell her right away. I feel bad because I want you all to have one too, heck I want one! But like someone said if someone is willing to pay high prices for her on ebay then I need the money :/
I don't think she will last that long at that high price either but maybe I can get more than I paid. And for some reason I was charged over 10 for my small size...maybe I should have asked them to check that...

papier

« Reply #170 on: September 24, 2013, 06:30:52 AM »
I sent off for Clover using the form at the back of the Zelfs magazine here in the UK. I sent my receipts to prove I'd spent at least £30 on the brand. It was about two, nearly three weeks ago now and I haven't seen a bean. Anyone else send off for Clover this way? How long did it take?

SydneyGrey

« Reply #171 on: September 24, 2013, 06:40:27 AM »
I have to admit, I want the venus flytrap set too just for the Zelf in it.   :biggrin: I don't even care anything about the Audrey II flytrap plant thingie.  LOL! I'll have to wait for a good sale, because it's a little too expensive at full retail to get JUST for the Zelf.  I SO WANT THAT ZELF, though.  He looks like a little goblin.  I love that.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 24, 2013, 11:03:25 AM »
I thought maybe since people have been finding Miss Clover, I'd check my TRU again to see if they had restocked......

......they don't even have a spot for them anymore :shocked:  I walked the ENTIRE girls side of the store!  No sign of them:( 

And my Walmart just threw their Zelfs onto the Clearance table (I doubt they actually ARE clearanced, though :rolleyes:) so I don't know what's going on over there.

I need these stores to continue to reorder if I hope to have any chance at getting Miss C!
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

SydneyGrey

« Reply #173 on: September 24, 2013, 12:25:08 PM »
I thought maybe since people have been finding Miss Clover, I'd check my TRU again to see if they had restocked......
......they don't even have a spot for them anymore :shocked:  I walked the ENTIRE girls side of the store!  No sign of them:( 
Justkitter: Could you call your TRU and ask a manager what's going on with the Zelfs?  I'd ask the manager ... random low-level employees may not know what's going on.  My TRU here was totally stocked up with Zelfs when I was there last week.  They had a big section.  I was under the impression the Zelfs were selling well. 

Offline lemonice

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 24, 2013, 01:34:55 PM »
i want that venus zelf!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 24, 2013, 08:38:00 PM »
Justkitter: Could you call your TRU and ask a manager what's going on with the Zelfs?  I'd ask the manager ... random low-level employees may not know what's going on.  My TRU here was totally stocked up with Zelfs when I was there last week.  They had a big section.  I was under the impression the Zelfs were selling well. 

They could have been selling too well at TRU and now they are out of them.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Applejax

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 24, 2013, 08:57:41 PM »
I bought an entire set (sans Miss Clover of course) forever-ago, and FINALLY got around to de-boxing them.  I NEED Miss Clover SO MUCH!  I'm a completist, in the worst way:(  I think I'll always look at my (almost) complete collection and frown because of that missing piece.

I'm gonna sound like a lunatic here, but I was reading all the bios, and gushing over the art, and I decided I'd really like to be a zelf, and live in Zardenia!  I haven't felt this way in a long, long time!  Maybe 20 years ago?  I feel like a child again.  My favorite short stories growing up were BUGG books by Stephen Cosgrove.  I loved the illustrations by Charles Reasoner.  I used to imagine living among the Buggs, seeing everything with new eyes.  Everything so tiny to us, buttons, pencils, snowflakes, were so huge to them.  I get that same feeling with these little guys.  *sigh*  SO much love:)

I love your post, Justkitter. What kind of zelf would you be? What would your symbol be?

Offline lemonice

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 26, 2013, 09:23:08 AM »
Venus Flytrap w/ Tressa

how does it look inside?

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Zelfs! Ohmygosh they\'re way too cute.
« Reply #178 on: September 26, 2013, 10:02:37 AM »
Venus Flytrap w/ Tressa

how does it look inside?

I had an open pic under the spoiler in my earlier post. Not the best pic but here's what it looks like :)

Post Merge: September 26, 2013, 11:22:33 AM

Thanks!  ^.^Omg, yes! someone MUST photograph Lil'D and Sunset Shimmer together (Quite ironic as in the movie SS has that weird devil-like transformation!)

^.^ and some more I felt like go well together

Princess Luna & Howlette

Lulu Luck & Pega Sue (again)

Buttershy & Fluttershy

Linanne & Trixie Lulamoon
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 11:22:35 AM by 3377345 »

Offline Lyra

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 26, 2013, 01:09:18 PM »
The zelf set with the venus fly trap thing is great!!

Thanks!  ^.^Omg, yes! someone MUST photograph Lil'D and Sunset Shimmer together (Quite ironic as in the movie SS has that weird devil-like transformation!)

^.^ and some more I felt like go well together

Princess Luna & Howlette

Lulu Luck & Pega Sue (again)

Buttershy & Fluttershy

Linanne & Trixie Lulamoon

LOOOOVE THEM!!! AAAHHHHHH!!! Great photo's!! trixie and Lunanne are amazing!
By the way I like your backdrops :3
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 01:11:50 PM by Lyra »
Lyra Silvertongue - not Heartstrings!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal