collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Zelfs! Ohmygosh they're way too cute.  (Read 162957 times)

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
Re: Zelfs! Ohmygosh they're way too cute.
« Reply #945 on: June 05, 2014, 07:49:05 AM »
The storm one is my fave! Must have!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: June 05, 2014, 09:11:03 AM »
Unfortunately just because she's not available in a country doesn't mean they won't stick her on advertising. :\ It's unfair, but it's cheaper and easier for them if they just make one poster image to advertise and then stick it on all their products rather than specialize packaging per country.

I have some Series 1 Zelf boxes that have stickers with English writing covering the box. I assume that is because under the stickers is probably the same writing but in another language. I bet this means they use the same packaging for all countries, just change the words. So that could be why Clover appears on the box but hasn't been seen in Spain yet.

@DaintyDalek and LuckyLeaf - where did you see this info about the Australian exclusive? I just checked all the Australian websites that sell Zelfs and didn't come up with any exclusives, and I didn't see anything about it on the Zelf facebook page either.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: June 05, 2014, 10:01:21 AM »
Ajjj shame  :mad:
Zelfs aren't very popular here. They are expensive, shelves only have one of each wave 1 Zelf and the webisodes are on a cartoon channel's website. That isn't a very good marketing idea because many parents don't visit this website. To add more insult to the injury, Vampula says a swear word (a strong one).

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: June 05, 2014, 10:20:13 AM »
Whoa! That's shocking, about Vampula! Maybe you should write a note to Moose Inc to let them know! I'm sure it was a mistake when they translated the webisode for a different language and they probably didn't realize it was an inappropriate word to use.

Offline Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #949 on: June 05, 2014, 10:24:03 AM »
I've already sent a complaint to the cartoon channel, but they didn't respond  :huh: Should I send a note to Moose Inc or to Giochi Preziosi? Is the company that distributes Zelfs in Europe.

Offline Miss Violet

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Takara ponies wanted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: June 05, 2014, 10:34:58 AM »
In Greece Athens (were i am stuck) Toystores still selling the first Zelf series.I still haven't see Miss Clover or Ruby and i am thinking thats it.(employers and company people have allready snatched them for their selfs ugh!)
Takara ponies wanted!i have Milky and Pinky looking for the other ones! Takara outfits and accessories too!

open for ART COMMISSIONS!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #951 on: June 06, 2014, 05:41:37 AM »
OH. MY. WHAT HAVE I DONE???

In the cartoon TV channel website where the Zelfs webisodes are there was a contest about drawing an original and funny hairdo to a Zelf base. I did it resembling a kiddie drawing and submitted it. Now there's a mail telling me that I'VE WON THE CONTEST and asking for my direction to send me the prize (a lot of wave 1 zelfs)

I've won a contest MEANT FOR KIDS! I feel so bad, but it's funny because I tricked the TV channel! Now what I'm going to do with the package? If my mom finds out that I've won a bunch of toys.... she's not going to be very happy  :freak: :drunk: :yikes:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: June 06, 2014, 06:52:36 AM »
Oh dear! Well it is cool that you won! Congratulations on that, even if it is an event meant for kids! ^_^

I think you have two options at this point. If you would like the toys, I would just say thank you and accept them. Unless there was an age limit posted in the rules, you shouldn't feel bad about winning just because you're older. After all, there's a lot of adults here on the Arena who collect toys that are "meant for children!" lol

But if you feel guilty and you want the toys to go to a kid, you could always just send them a message and thank them for picking your entry but explain your age and tell them that you just entered for fun, and that you would like your prize to go to the second place winner so that the toys have an age-appropriate home.

It's all up to you, Waterline! Whether you keep them or ask them to be given to a kid, I don't think either of them is the "wrong" thing to do. Just what you feel works best for your situation. ^_^ And congrats again on winning!

Offline Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #953 on: June 06, 2014, 06:57:01 AM »
Let's do 50/50 option: I'll keep the Zelfs I like and I'll donate the rest to charity. I have to call a friend to retrieve the prize for me, so my mother won't tell. And I've already have a place to keep them hidden XD

Offline DaintyDalek

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: June 06, 2014, 02:47:58 PM »
Unfortunately just because she's not available in a country doesn't mean they won't stick her on advertising. :\ It's unfair, but it's cheaper and easier for them if they just make one poster image to advertise and then stick it on all their products rather than specialize packaging per country.

I have some Series 1 Zelf boxes that have stickers with English writing covering the box. I assume that is because under the stickers is probably the same writing but in another language. I bet this means they use the same packaging for all countries, just change the words. So that could be why Clover appears on the box but hasn't been seen in Spain yet.

@DaintyDalek and LuckyLeaf - where did you see this info about the Australian exclusive? I just checked all the Australian websites that sell Zelfs and didn't come up with any exclusives, and I didn't see anything about it on the Zelf facebook page either.

There's a couple Zelf fan pages on FB where Aussie collectors were reporting in about the boxed set. Would it be ok for me to post the names of the fan pages? (not sure what the rules are about that)

Here's one of the pics that were posted. The white one is Bellafly, the pink butterkitty looking one is Butterluv, and the green one is Buddykins, all girls:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: June 06, 2014, 03:37:40 PM »
Thanks for posting the pic! Those are absolutely gorgeous. I'll see what I can find out! :D

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: June 06, 2014, 05:27:47 PM »
Oh wow. I would be willing to trade US Exclusive Ponies for this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline PrincessTiffy

• Trade Count: (+233)
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: June 06, 2014, 06:19:20 PM »
So cute!!! I hope the US gets these, or some kind Aussie friends can help out :)

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: June 07, 2014, 11:35:36 AM »
Awww! Are we for sure that the butterfly set is AU exclusive? Distribution on Zelfs is bad enough without geographical exclusives. Very frustrating. They are so cute though!

Cool to see the series 3 poster too!

Offline LuckyLeaf

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dairylandbjd.com/
« Reply #959 on: June 07, 2014, 12:53:03 PM »
Awww! Are we for sure that the butterfly set is AU exclusive? Distribution on Zelfs is bad enough without geographical exclusives. Very frustrating. They are so cute though!

Yes, unfortunately, several collectors have emailed Moose to ask if these will be sold in other countries, but each response has confirmed that the Butterfly Friends Forever set will be sold only in Australia. A rep from Moose even told one person they don't think it would sell well in the USA (or, presumably, elsewhere). :( I think Zelfs in general could actually be a big seller in the USA, if other retailers besides TRU stocked them! It's so frustrating.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal