collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Zelfs! Ohmygosh they're way too cute.  (Read 162931 times)

Offline LuckyLeaf

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dairylandbjd.com/
Re: Zelfs! Ohmygosh they're way too cute.
« Reply #675 on: March 04, 2014, 02:06:11 AM »
I am way behind on this thread! Trying to get caught up now! :D

Re: Super Zelfs -
I feel like the rare one who loves them! Their faces aren't as cute as the medium Zelfs, but I find them endearing in their own way, almost like they're parents to the smaller ones, or maybe just grown-up versions. I also love the substantial size and the way they feel in the hand, and I LOVE the pearly, glitter and especially the glow effects!

Re: Jewely -
Congrats to everyone who is finding her! Once again, I feel like the odd one here, because I don't find her nearly as pretty as Miss Clover. The gems on Jewely's head sort of look like extra eyes to me...that said, I won't give mine up for anything, and I'm still amazed I managed to find her!

Re: Wave 2 of medium/Super Zelfs Series 2 -
I don't think Webina medium and super, Lady B. medium, Dorothy-Doe medium, Catsby medium, Dandy-Lion medium and Super, or Owlmanda medium and super have been found in stores anywhere yet (correct me if I'm wrong). Pretty sure these are going to be a wave 2 of Series 2 Zelfs.

Re: Lil' Zelfs Series 2 -
Has ANYONE in the USA found these yet, in either the flowerpots or the eggs? I've been hoping to see the eggs at least in the Easter displays in stores, but nothing yet, even though my Toys 'R Us has lots of Easter merchandise already. So sad! I hope they won't be hard to find, because I've really become obsessed with Lil' Zelfs, and the only place the Series 2 can be obtained so far is from the UK. I have a few, but I need more!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 04, 2014, 08:34:15 AM »
Yeah, I was hoping to find the eggs in the Easter section of a store by now, but sadly, all I can find are the series 1 flower pots, and only at Target. And since I'm only looking for 2 or 3 more series 1 Lil' Zelfs, I don't feel like it's worth it anymore for me to risk getting duplicates.

As for the large Zelfs, I'm not a big fan of them. However, I do really love the one I have, which is Mermalade. But I don't think I'll get anymore of that size. It's probably better anyway, since I don't have a lot of room for them. Right now, they're just kind of shoved in a corner of my computer desk, in front of my J-Dolls. I'm thinking of moving them to the shelf above the TV in my bedroom, though. I'd miss having them out here, though. I like playing with their hair. Maybe I'll move the mediums and leave my large Mermalade out here.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 04, 2014, 09:21:49 AM »
Re: Super Zelfs -
I feel like the rare one who loves them! Their faces aren't as cute as the medium Zelfs, but I find them endearing in their own way, almost like they're parents to the smaller ones, or maybe just grown-up versions. I also love the substantial size and the way they feel in the hand, and I LOVE the pearly, glitter and especially the glow effects!
So glad I'm not the only one who loves them! :D

So far, I have 3 Super S2s and only 1 medium. I'm hoping to get another medium soon, though...

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline beajjai033

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • "It will all be worth it in the end."
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: March 04, 2014, 04:56:41 PM »
She has arrived this morning, a few minutes ago - Angelala, my first Zelf and a gift at that :D

I do enjoy them. Cute adorable little things.

She even traveled with another Zelf!
Thank you so much to the wonderful LuckyLeaf! :hearts:
Arena people really are amazing.

Offline LuckyLeaf

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dairylandbjd.com/
« Reply #679 on: March 04, 2014, 08:10:32 PM »
I'm so happy you like them! The photos are so cute. :)

Marionette

« Reply #680 on: March 04, 2014, 10:34:39 PM »
I'm a little surprised there was a series 2. I figured they'd be like all those other flash in the pan toylines we get just before the holidays. ^^;; I'm glad that's not the case! But I definitely didn't buy all the ones I wanted... curses. xD

I saw Kitsu and Birchy pass through my line at work the other day. Lucky little girl that bought them, 'cause there weren't any others when I checked. xD I'll just have to keep my eye out. They really are so cute, like Trolls + My Little Pony.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 05, 2014, 09:36:53 AM »
^Yup, that's why I like them. They're what MLP used to be, with lots of characters in all different colors and designs. It's sad how Hasbro has let the MLP line become a bunch of repeats. Didn't they learn anything from their Bore 7/G3.5 phase? I hope Zelfs don't end up falling into the "same characters with just a slightly changed design" thing. I'll admit that that was my first thought when I saw the Masquerade Zelfs.

Offline DaintyDalek

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 05, 2014, 09:42:26 AM »

I really hope they stick around for a good long time. Moose Toys looks like its had good luck with its Trash Pack brand and they're using similar methods with the Zelfs (chase figures, waves, etc). They seem pretty popular! I don't see many that just sit on the shelves here.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 07, 2014, 01:54:37 PM »
I wound up getting two new medium Zelfs in the end instead of one! First, Snap Jack:

And then this girl arrived in the post.

My crappy pictures just don't do her justice. She is so beautiful!

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 07, 2014, 03:29:08 PM »
Congrats Sora!!

I stopped by TRU for my weekly hopeful search of the Zelf shelf, but I was disappointed yet again. :( The shelf has a couple of the Masquerade Series 2, but that's it. No Series 1, and no Series 2 new characters. I hope the wave with Birchy and Lady B will be coming soon, probably when it's closer to spring.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: March 07, 2014, 04:07:09 PM »
Congrats! Snap Jack is really cute!
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline disturbed-rainbow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I love toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: March 08, 2014, 01:26:39 PM »
I broke down and bought off eBay, I love these little critters.

Offline aubreysmommy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 09, 2014, 10:07:56 AM »
Aubrey had a zelfirific bday ended up getting kitsu thanks to a lovley lady on here for her help ;)  also got a howlette a flitter and the toadstool playset mommy is savig teenie genie for easter basket along with a masquerade buttershy and falmy has anyone seen the other animal zelfs in the usa or over seas really wanting the medium animal zelfs lady b owlmanda dandy lion catsby dorthea doe and webina for easter  and does anyone have more ideas of what new animal zelfs we willget for the fall my daughter is inlove with these lil creatures :)

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: March 09, 2014, 12:13:39 PM »
I'm going to be checking the TrU today to see what I can find Zelf-wise, but so far we've only haSeries 1 and even WalMart still isn't carrying them! Has anyone else in Canada seen the Masquerade or any others? I've seen not a hint of Jeweley!

Marionette

« Reply #689 on: March 09, 2014, 05:27:15 PM »
I saw Snapjack I think yesterday, though that one is not to my taste. Birchy and Kitsu returned as well (and somehow stuck around til today)... I just keep forgetting to grab them! Those two may be my favorites from this round. I'm also digging Dorothy-Dot, Catsby, Dandy-lion, and Lochlan.

We also happened to get a series 1 Elfa back in, and I should grab her too. I really want her, the green one with the black cat, the angel, and the werewolf (I snagged one before Christmas but wound up sending it to my boyfriend who loved her xD) in medium size.

ShortyBoo, I agree! I hope they keep coming out with interesting new ones. The Masquerade versions did not wow me, but hey, at least there were lots of new characters, and at least they did switch up the paint jobs respectably. Hasbro thinks putting out one new character and slapping some cardboard masks on is sufficient for a masquerade line, and their Rainbow Rocks effort is pitiful (they just had to use those awesomely painted concept arts and then release no painted playfuls...). >_>

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal