collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Zelfs! Ohmygosh they're way too cute.  (Read 162903 times)

Offline DaintyDalek

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Zelfs! Ohmygosh they're way too cute.
« Reply #600 on: February 22, 2014, 07:33:13 PM »

I am so happy people are finding Clovers and Jewelys in the wild!! And series 2!! If I find any Jewelys they will be for arena-folks who don't have her yet, coz' I already lucked out with mine from Taobao.

Really surprised at how much I love Lochlan. He's so much cuter in person! I love his tail and the nessie on his leg, his color scheme. He's quickly becoming one of my faves!

I compared my Teeny Genie to Pega Sue, and aside from the eye color, the main difference I noticed is that the colors of Pega Sue's hair are a lot more scattered and uneven looking, I guess? T.G. has larger sections of each hair color and they look a bit neater. If anything, Teeny Genie looks way closer to Masquerade Pega Sue than the regular one, since the Masquerade Pega has purple feet and the hair colors styled in the same way. I can see why they re-used that color scheme, since my daughter reaaaaaaally loves both Pega and T.G. and keeps talking about their colors, but I wish they'd at least used a different mold for the face!

I also hope they eventually go back and release large sizes for the characters from series 1 who didn't get them. I would LOVE a large Howlette!

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #601 on: February 22, 2014, 07:39:38 PM »
I found Kitsu today, the only one I've really wanted. OMG! How come you guys didn't tell me their hair was this soft! What is this stuff?! I want more of it!

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Zelfs! Ohmygosh they\'re way too cute.
« Reply #602 on: February 22, 2014, 07:49:47 PM »
So today I was at Walmart and I decided to check out the clearance aisle (it used to be 3 aisles, but they condensed it down to 1) and while looking through a bin with a few random toys in it, I found a large Mermalade. Once I found her, I went carefully through the whole aisle twice, moving things around to make sure there weren't any other Zelfs. She was the only one. There wasn't a clearance sticker on her, but I decided I'd take her with me when I went to check out the toy section. I didn't find anymore Zelfs there and since I saw a worker there, stocking stuff, I decided to ask about them. She scanned it and confirmed it was the only one in the store, then explained that they had only ever gotten one small shipment of Zelfs and they never had a spot for them on the shelfs, either. This explains why I only ever saw one medium Zelf at Walmart before. But she also gave some bad news. They're apparently set to delete Zelfs from their system so they're not going to get any more. After hearing that, I couldn't not take Mermalade home with me. She rang up at $7, which is not too bad.

Thats exactly what my walmart is like!  Zelfs on clearance for $7 for the large. If you spot any mediums they are probably gonna ring up $3. That walmart told me the same thing, that tjey wefent going to get anymore then I found sefies 2 Spellinda! xD The series two I got wasnt in the system but she still rang up. Keep an eye out just in case for series two! :)

Post Merge: February 22, 2014, 07:51:28 PM

SheshellnBubbles- she is # 72/10000!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 07:51:28 PM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 23, 2014, 12:41:06 PM »
Eee, I also got a Jewely! (At the same Toys R Us that, a week before, an employee told me that the pathetic stock they had out was all they had and that they wouldn't be getting more....)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 23, 2014, 12:48:32 PM »
Ahhh congrats! x3

SydneyGrey

« Reply #605 on: February 23, 2014, 05:42:14 PM »
Eee, I also got a Jewely! (At the same Toys R Us that, a week before, an employee told me that the pathetic stock they had out was all they had and that they wouldn't be getting more....)
Employees sometimes don't know what they're talking about.  A couple of months ago I asked a toy store aisle employee if the store would be getting in more Bratz, and was told Bratz weren't being made any more.  This is not true.  Actually, the Bratz line is getting totally refreshed in 2015 and coming back with a bang (according to a Bratz site I saw).  So, employees don't always know what the heck they're talking about.  I think some people just like to SOUND like they're knowledgeable.  LOL.  My husband used to be like that.  He would never admit if he didn't know the answer to something. 

KailaOceano

« Reply #606 on: February 23, 2014, 06:01:49 PM »

I found Miss Clover!!
I found her at my local Toys R Us express. I live in Canada, B.C. Didn't expect to see Zelfs stocked here but they did!

Now I really want to hunt for Kitsu~ Haven't come across Kitsu yet but I shall try to hit up my Toys R Us soon.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 06:34:27 PM by KailaOceano »

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 23, 2014, 07:01:40 PM »

Eee, I also got a Jewely!

I found Miss Clover!!

Congrats to you both! Awesome!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 23, 2014, 07:17:57 PM »
It's weird to see all these miss clovers popping up  :blink: I wonder if the stores are just clearing out what they have in back to make way for the new wave or something.

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #609 on: February 24, 2014, 05:45:18 AM »

My little pretties! :squee: I love them!

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 24, 2014, 03:01:04 PM »
Thought I'd share this pic of Teeny Genie & Pega Sue I took. I know many people were saying they are too similar, and I almost didn't get Teeny Genie myself, but I thought you all might like to see them side by side to get a better idea of how they are different  ^.^

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 24, 2014, 03:25:49 PM »
Awww... they are so cute! 
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 24, 2014, 03:36:08 PM »
It's so totally awesome to see so many people are stumbling upon the rare Zelfs! ^___^ Thank you especially to the people who said that if they find any more they will trade with us poor Arena members who haven't been as lucky so far lol. We appreciate it!

It's weird to see all these miss clovers popping up  :blink: I wonder if the stores are just clearing out what they have in back to make way for the new wave or something.

I don't think any stores were saving stock in the back, I think it's just that these rare Zelfs aren't really as rare as Moose Inc. is making them seem. After all the run is 10,000 which is really a very large run for a single toy. I think they're just releasing them in trickles to make them seem rare, but we haven't gotten even close to the end of the run yet.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline DaintyDalek

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 25, 2014, 01:25:11 AM »
Found another toy fair video! This one shows the Zelicious series AND the white tiger!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmaLNrMZhiM 

I wasn't sure how to get screencaps, sorry! Can anyone make out the names on the series 3 Zelfs? Also, does the tiger zelf look flocked to anyone else?

Edit: Found this vid too! Looks like the Zelicious line will have some repeat characters like Buttershy along with the new ones. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbt3WPrPM4g   
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 01:29:39 AM by DaintyDalek »

Offline beajjai033

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • "It will all be worth it in the end."
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 25, 2014, 02:08:39 AM »
Would've wanted a Clover at retail myself, but I'm way outside the US, so it's just not possible :cry:
I can only hope for a Kitsu, which is a satisfying alternative.

Congrats on you guys finding the rares! :D

&& Pega Sue aren't you cute.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal