collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Zelfs! Ohmygosh they're way too cute.  (Read 162913 times)

Offline FluffleNuff

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • ME MYSELF AND PONY
    • View Profile
Re: Zelfs! Ohmygosh they're way too cute.
« Reply #510 on: February 07, 2014, 05:19:31 AM »
I'd just like to put this out there, these little adorables are in every single department store in Singapore! If anyone would like me to pick them up for you, just drop me a message! (Shipping may be high though, just putting it out there!)
A PONY A DAY KEEPS THE SMILES ON YOUR FACE

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 07, 2014, 07:25:40 AM »
I think the problem right now is that Moose, which is a good sized company but nowhere near the size of Mattel and Hasbro, is suddenly finding their toys are really taking off and they're not used to so much sudden success. They were not planning on stores selling out so quick and the demand being so high, so that's they they moved on to Series 2 (and even revealing Series 3) while people are still clamoring for Series 1.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 07, 2014, 04:22:54 PM »
I found the Toadstool Swing @TRU today!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ribbita is so cute and the swing is surprisingly entertaining.  :lol:
They had a few of the masquerade Zelfs (which I don't plan on buying) but none of the new characters.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 07, 2014, 05:47:02 PM »
Well I stopped by TRU today and it looks like they are shuffling their Zelf display around. Previously they got half an aisle display to themselves, and the other half was Furbeys. Then the Furbeys were moved over to another aisle display and Zelfs got an entire display to themselves. Now one of the sides is devoted to some other merchandise, which I think is also from Moose (those disgusting dog things lol).

I found exactly 6 medium sized Zelfs on the shelf... and much to my surprise they are the 6 Masquerade characters! No evidence of any new character... which leads me to believe one of two things:

1.) The Masquerade characters are a different shipment than the new characters or...

2.) Someone came in before me and bought all the new characters and left behind the 6 repeat characters. :P

Well jokes on them, I think the Masquerade characters are adorable with their painted faces and tiaras, and I bought them right up! :P

But the back of the package only advertises the 6 Masquerade charas, and the collector's leaflet inside is the same, so I think they might be a different shipment entirely than the new characters. There's no evidence of new characters anywhere on the packaging of the Masquerade Zelfs (not even Jewley the rare Ruby Zelf).

PS: According to the Masquerade leaflet, Flamy is a guy. I am fairly sure I remember the original leaflet stating him as a 'she', so I guess they wanted to change it up so there's more guys in the line. I think in the original line they were all female except Lil' D, lol.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 07, 2014, 06:10:01 PM »
The masquerade zelfs are their own shipment :) I found a full set of both at my TRUs with no other new things.

Offline DaintyDalek

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 07, 2014, 07:00:40 PM »
Well I stopped by TRU today and it looks like they are shuffling their Zelf display around. Previously they got half an aisle display to themselves, and the other half was Furbeys. Then the Furbeys were moved over to another aisle display and Zelfs got an entire display to themselves. Now one of the sides is devoted to some other merchandise, which I think is also from Moose (those disgusting dog things lol).

I found exactly 6 medium sized Zelfs on the shelf... and much to my surprise they are the 6 Masquerade characters! No evidence of any new character... which leads me to believe one of two things:

1.) The Masquerade characters are a different shipment than the new characters or...

2.) Someone came in before me and bought all the new characters and left behind the 6 repeat characters. :P

Well jokes on them, I think the Masquerade characters are adorable with their painted faces and tiaras, and I bought them right up! :P

But the back of the package only advertises the 6 Masquerade charas, and the collector's leaflet inside is the same, so I think they might be a different shipment entirely than the new characters. There's no evidence of new characters anywhere on the packaging of the Masquerade Zelfs (not even Jewley the rare Ruby Zelf).

PS: According to the Masquerade leaflet, Flamy is a guy. I am fairly sure I remember the original leaflet stating him as a 'she', so I guess they wanted to change it up so there's more guys in the line. I think in the original line they were all female except Lil' D, lol.

Hahah, I was wondering about that too! Flamy seems to jump back and forth between female and male, depending. I think she's a girl, though; she has eyelashes in the webtoons and Lil' D doesn't.

Offline aubreysmommy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: February 07, 2014, 09:54:26 PM »
cute pic on the toadstool set eek cant wait for my daughter open hers on her bday :) flufflenuffle sent u a msg  hun has a question  so who are the zelfs u r most excited about to  get I know my daughter is inlove with the owl fox lady bug and doe my personal favs are the lad bug fox lochlan and dandy lion not sure if you guys ever watchted the Disney cartoon the wuzzles but dandy lion remeinds me of the wuzzle named butterbear I still have all my plush wuzzles in storage hehe so I will be collecting the lil animal ones to put on my wuzzle shelf when I get them out of storage and some shelfs hung in my room ;)

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 08, 2014, 06:57:42 AM »
I got to go to TRU yesterday on the way to pick up my niece for the weekend. All they had of series 1 was 2 Glarny a large Vampula and a large Mermalade. They also had both playsets and the Green House set. They had a full set of the series 2 masquerade Zelfs. Well, except Pega Sue. They had a box of the Lil' Zelfs and two of them were opened. One was one of the ones I was looking for (glitter Vampula), so I bought it anyway and I grabbed another at random, which turned out to be another one I wanted, Pearl Angelala. I also got series 1 Garny and masquerade Mermalade. I wasn't going to get any of the masquerade ones, but Mermalade was really cute and I couldn't pass her up. I really wanted to get the Green House, but I couldn't bring myself to pay $30 when I only really wanted about half of them.

Offline LuckyLeaf

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dairylandbjd.com/
« Reply #518 on: February 08, 2014, 08:47:16 AM »
There's no evidence of new characters anywhere on the packaging of the Masquerade Zelfs (not even Jewley the rare Ruby Zelf).

I thought the funniest thing about the Masquerade packaging is how they suggest a hairstyle on the back which utilizes the Zelf hair bands, but the Masquerade Zelfs don't even come with hair bands!  Maybe they want you to use those clear bands that hold the Zelfs in the packaging? :P  The same hairstyle instructions are on the back of the packaging for the Series 2 Zelfs as well, so I suppose it's just standard, but it still gave me a giggle.

Probably just a typo!  What's even funnier is that I got Super Zelf Lochlan yesterday, and Lochlan is referred to as a "He" AND a "She" on the package!

So...which is it?  I suppose it's unimportant, since Lochlan is adorable regardless of gender, but I may just email Moose to find out! 

not sure if you guys ever watchted the Disney cartoon the wuzzles but dandy lion remeinds me of the wuzzle named butterbear

I thought the exact same thing!  Dandy Lion also reminds me a bit of King Moonracer from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 11, 2014, 04:24:23 PM »
Just stopped by TRU and the whoooole Zelfs shelf is empty. :c I hope they restock soon.

Offline DaintyDalek

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 11, 2014, 04:32:48 PM »
What sort of Zelfs do you hope they'll make? Here's my list!

A sphynx zelf
 Alice in Wonderland themed zelfs (queen of hearts, cheshire cat, jabberwocky, etc)
 Dinosaurs!
 80s themed!
 baby zelfs
 a centaur zelf (something like the old Shimmers dolls would be so cool!)
 zodiac themed
 super long-hairs or curly haired zelfs
 flocked zelfs

there's just so many different things they could do with these guys.

Offline SoSilver

• Italian Blue Lickety Split
  • Trade Count: (+116)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 12, 2014, 01:28:12 AM »
What sort of Zelfs do you hope they'll make? Here's my list!

A sphynx zelf
 Alice in Wonderland themed zelfs (queen of hearts, cheshire cat, jabberwocky, etc)
 Dinosaurs!
 80s themed!
 baby zelfs
 a centaur zelf (something like the old Shimmers dolls would be so cool!)
 zodiac themed
 super long-hairs or curly haired zelfs
 flocked zelfs

there's just so many different things they could do with these guys.

Great ideas!

exactly the kind of ideas Hasbro is lacking about the ponies...sigh...

Click on my siggie and visit my Pony Gallery!

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #522 on: February 12, 2014, 03:08:53 PM »
omg I totally need the fox and deer zelf, if anyone happens to come across them I will buy them.

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #523 on: February 13, 2014, 04:13:15 AM »
I went up to Walmart a few hours ago.... T-T I COULDNT RESIST!!!! So Im missing Miss Clover, going to TRU today! *crosses fingers*

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 13, 2014, 06:01:16 AM »
Wow a whole set of Series 1! Awesome!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal