collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Zelfs! Ohmygosh they're way too cute.  (Read 162870 times)

SydneyGrey

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Zelfs! Ohmygosh they're way too cute.
« Reply #390 on: January 11, 2014, 03:45:51 AM »
I actually prefer Clover without the wings.  She's great.   :)

That little frog Zelf is so weird and unusual (in a wonderful way) that I might have to get her.  I haven't seen any of the 2014 Zelfs yet in my area, but I'll be keeping my eye out for them over the next few months.  I can't wait to see them in person!   :cool:

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 11, 2014, 03:54:51 AM »
Clover is so cute without her wings!!

Let me know if you ever wanna sell her. I'd love to have her like that!!

Congrats on your other two as well.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 11, 2014, 06:11:25 AM »
Well, I guess since I found one at my Walmart, it means they carry them. I'll have to check again once they reset, though because the toy section is still pretty wiped out from Christmas.

Is there a site with photos of all the different Zelfs available, sort of like Strawberry Reef, only with Zelfs? I know I can't buy too many because I have a lot of collections so I'd like to know which few I'd like before impulse buying any.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Zelfs! Ohmygosh they\'re way too cute.
« Reply #393 on: January 11, 2014, 06:46:19 AM »
Oooo that's a really cool idea ShortyBoo... *thinks* I haven't built a collector's website since before I was in college eight years ago... but maybe I can dust off my skills and put something together for Zelfs. X3

Post Merge: January 11, 2014, 07:06:00 AM

PS: If I did decide to put together a website for Zelfs, could people here on the Arena donate clear pictures of the front and page of each Zelf? I don't have a good camera. All credit would be given to each person who donates pictures on the website of course :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 07:06:00 AM by Dragonflitter »
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline vortex1310

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 11, 2014, 07:32:24 AM »
Oooo yeah a collector site would be great! I could donate some MIB pics and open ones if needed.

That Clover without wings is a cutie!  :P

I can't wait until we see them in stores!!! Ahhhh! This is the diversity I've been craving from G4s so I am all too happy to switch my funds to zelf purchases, rofl.  :lol:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 11, 2014, 07:49:44 AM »
This is the diversity I've been craving from G4s so I am all too happy to switch my funds to zelf purchases, rofl.  :lol:

I feel the same way! I don't even mind that a portion of series 2 is going to be the same characters from series 1 with a masquerade theme. I totally understand a company that wants to create some characters that represent the brand, so as long as they continue to include new characters as well, I'll be totally happy. ^_^

SydneyGrey

Re: Zelfs! Ohmygosh they\\\'re way too cute.
« Reply #396 on: January 12, 2014, 01:41:06 AM »
I could donate pictures.  I have a really great camera for taking pictures of tiny things up close.  I'd be glad to do it.  I actually have the entire first run of Zelfs, but most of them are missing their necklaces.  They are all unpackaged, though, so I can't take pictures of packaging.  I have the venus fly trap set with Tressa as well, but I'm missing the small accessories that came with it. 

I take good photos, though.  I'll post one of my pics below so you can see what my pics are like.  If you decide to create a Zelf database, just let me know and I'll help out as much as I can.

Post Merge: January 12, 2014, 01:43:20 AM

This is the diversity I've been craving from G4s so I am all too happy to switch my funds to zelf purchases, rofl.  :lol:
Omigosh, me too!  I can't imagine why Hasbro thinks we want to buy the same characters over and over and over.  I don't even LOOK at the FiM brushable ponies in the stores any more.  I still adore the tiny pony sets, though.  (Just bought two more sets, in fact.)

Post Merge: January 12, 2014, 01:53:18 AM

Here is one of my pictures from my Flickr.  For a Zelf database, though, I'm sure people would want a full-body shot.  I'll have to take a bunch of full-body shots of my Zelflings this week.   :biggrin:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 01:53:50 AM by SydneyGrey »

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 12, 2014, 03:14:53 AM »
That would be awesome, SydneyGrey! ^_^ I would love if it you could do a full body front shot and back shot since there's lots of pretty paint on the back of the Zelfs too!

I'm looking for a good site to host the Zelfs Database, if anyone has any suggestions for a free one with limited or no banner ads, that would be much appreciated :)

SydneyGrey

« Reply #398 on: January 12, 2014, 12:13:31 PM »
Sure thing.  I'll have some time to do it after Tuesday.   ^.^

Offline Pop!Star

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 12, 2014, 01:13:30 PM »
I am in love with this company. My Neice had a problem with the new pamphlet, I won't say what, but I emailed the company and explained it to them and they offered to send me a free Zelf! Wow that's just too cool!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 13, 2014, 12:45:55 AM »
I am in love with this company. My Neice had a problem with the new pamphlet, I won't say what, but I emailed the company and explained it to them and they offered to send me a free Zelf! Wow that's just too cool!

They sound real customer-friendly! The Zelfs are growing on me more and more... I hope they'll be around for a long while. Like someone else in here said, they showcase the diversity and creativity MLP G4 lacks and I secretly hope more and more people will switch from G4 to Zelfs just to spite Hasbro :lol:

SydneyGrey

« Reply #401 on: January 13, 2014, 01:06:07 AM »
Sure thing.  I'll have some time to do it after Tuesday.   ^.^
Argh.  I take that back.  Now my 5-year-old girl is sick.  It might be a lot later than Tuesday, after all.  She has fever and vomiting.   :(  Sorry!  I'll get to it eventually.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 13, 2014, 10:53:51 AM »

Yay for friendly customer service! It's dying in this world. I'm dying to know what was wrong with the pamphlet though. Is there a type that makes a naughty word!? XD *imagination runs away with me sometimes*

*hugs Sydney* Take all the time you need dear! This is the time of year for sickness, and I'm in no rush. I hope your little one feels better soon!

Offline Pop!Star

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 14, 2014, 11:59:09 AM »

Yay for friendly customer service! It's dying in this world. I'm dying to know what was wrong with the pamphlet though. Is there a type that makes a naughty word!? XD *imagination runs away with me sometimes*

*hugs Sydney* Take all the time you need dear! This is the time of year for sickness, and I'm in no rush. I hope your little one feels better soon!

Alright, I'll give you a hint, but won't tell you!

Read the newest pamphlet and read some of the places the Zelfs live. Now pretend you were 7 again and just started reading. Can you see their mistake?

Offline ScreamingDaisies

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 15, 2014, 11:03:56 AM »
\
i want this fox

http://www.character-online.com/products/The-Zelfs/Series-2-Medium-Zelfs-Kitsu/

Oo I want that one too! I would love to see one of these customized though has one seen any yet?

Also, I saw this on etsy, made me think of the Zelfs :)

« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 11:06:27 AM by ScreamingDaisies »

Thank you babyblueducky!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal