collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Peachy Question  (Read 236 times)

Offline dannahbanana

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Pony Instagram 💖
The Peachy Question
« on: July 06, 2022, 08:39:46 PM »
Hi guys, I've been going crazy over researching Peachy lately. Maybe you can help me clear some things up.

When was flat foot Peachy released vs. concave foot Peachy? Personally, I have never seen a FF Peachy IRL, only the CF that came with the Pretty Parlor. Was FF Peachy released in year one with the other FF ponies? To my knowledge, the Pretty Parlor wasn't released until Year 2. Did FF Peachy come with an earlier version of the Pretty Parlor?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 08:44:21 PM by dannahbanana »

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: The Peachy Question
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2022, 03:37:06 AM »
I'm a bit obsessed with Peachy too and have kept a lot of minor variations, like two or four hooves stamped, size and colour of symbols. The timeline for all CP ponies isn't too clear in the UK where I'm from but Taffeta's website ETHERELLA.COM is very good.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2022, 05:22:54 AM »
I think there's the idea that the FF Peachy came with a version of the My Pretty Pony but I am not 100% about that, whether it's urban myth or proven, since it didn't have a UK release. FF Peachy didn't come into the UK, I've never seen nor heard of them here.

The parlour first came out in 1983. That's even true in the UK. The FF ponies are lot more mysterious here than in the US though.

I'm 100% that FF peachy was never sold on card though. There are probably some which maybe were left over and got shoved into early parlours, though..? It's possible.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2022, 05:25:16 AM »
If I've understood correctly, the collector pose was changed mid-year from flat hooves to concave hooves. The first MLP product released was the original set of six, second was the Pretty Parlor with Peachy, and third was the Show Stable with Lemon Drop. Even though collector sites often list them under Year 2, these two playsets belong to the first release year (1983) and were both reissued the year after.

The Pretty Parlor logically must've been released right during the transition from FF to CF, which is why a very, very small number of FF Peachys exist. While the show stable was released after FFs had stopped production entirely, which is why no FF Lemon Drop has been found.

Offline dannahbanana

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Pony Instagram 💖
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2022, 07:11:22 AM »
I think there's the idea that the FF Peachy came with a version of the My Pretty Pony but I am not 100% about that, whether it's urban myth or proven, since it didn't have a UK release. FF Peachy didn't come into the UK, I've never seen nor heard of them here.

The parlour first came out in 1983. That's even true in the UK. The FF ponies are lot more mysterious here than in the US though.

I'm 100% that FF peachy was never sold on card though. There are probably some which maybe were left over and got shoved into early parlours, though..? It's possible.

I've heard the theory about her coming with My Pretty Pony, but my research into My Pretty Pony is that there was a version of "My Pretty Pony and Beautiful Baby" that was released with what would become known as Butterscotch along with the larger brown Pretty Pony. I've heard people say that FF Peachy came with the "Peachy" pink version of My Pretty Pony as well. I've only seen photos of the version with Butterscotch, however.

But yes! I agree and I think FF Peachy was never released on card.

Post Merge: July 07, 2022, 07:13:25 AM

If I've understood correctly, the collector pose was changed mid-year from flat hooves to concave hooves. The first MLP product released was the original set of six, second was the Pretty Parlor with Peachy, and third was the Show Stable with Lemon Drop. Even though collector sites often list them under Year 2, these two playsets belong to the first release year (1983) and were both reissued the year after.

The Pretty Parlor logically must've been released right during the transition from FF to CF, which is why a very, very small number of FF Peachys exist. While the show stable was released after FFs had stopped production entirely, which is why no FF Lemon Drop has been found.

Thank you! That is an extremely plausible explanation and clears a lot of things up.

Post Merge: July 07, 2022, 07:16:00 AM

I'm a bit obsessed with Peachy too and have kept a lot of minor variations, like two or four hooves stamped, size and colour of symbols. The timeline for all CP ponies isn't too clear in the UK where I'm from but Taffeta's website ETHERELLA.COM is very good.

Thank you for the info on the website! I'll check it out.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 07:16:00 AM by dannahbanana »

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2022, 05:03:39 PM »
Are there not very many flat-foot Peachys? I think I have her, I'll have to check. I just assumed she was common.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2022, 08:51:10 PM »
As far as I know the only "regular" My Little Pony that came with a My Pretty Pony was the set with "Beautiful Baby Butterscotch" (which was a normal Butterscotch, not a baby pony, but she was small in comparison to My Pretty Pony).

I'd love to get a closer look at the box to see the release date, because the box is TOTALLY different from the original brown My Pretty Pony:

My Little Pony must've already been a hit, so they changed the logo to resemble the MLP logo. Was this set created to use up excess stock . . . ?

Anyway, I think the reason people connect FF Peachy with My Pretty Pony is there was a My Pretty Pony who resembled Peachy.  However, she was released years later (1984).  But I've never seen her come with a "baby."

Edit:  I just remembered that when I got my flat-foot Peachy, it was in an eBay lot consisting of her, some Pretty Parlor accessories, and I think one wall of the Pretty Parlor.  (I actually bought the lot for the accessories, it cost like $4 . . . I didn't even know FF Peachy existed and the seller didn't mention it or have pics of her feet.)  That was back when it was still common to see people selling their childhood G1s on eBay.  So, that definitely makes me think she came with the Pretty Parlor.

Edit #2:  The tags that come with the Pretty Parlor are for Peachy and . . . the six Collector ponies.  Which would also point to the set being planned very early in the line.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 09:28:14 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal