collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need advice on this ebay situation  (Read 262 times)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Need advice on this ebay situation
« on: June 09, 2014, 03:26:28 PM »
I need a little advice, please!

So i sold an item to someone internationally recently through ebay.  Ive shipped many times before internationally and had no problem.  The item was shipped and tracking shows that it is at customs(on  their end.)   So I just got a message from the buyer saying that the item is held up at customs because there is a customs charge and the buyer is basically asking me to help out with the customs charge.

I have never had this happen before.  As far as I know, I am in no way responsible for helping with customs charges.  However, I am worried about getting negetive feedback.  Any thoughts?  How can I politely reply that I will not be assisting in paying custom charges?  If the buyer gives me negative feedback over this, do I have any recourse with ebay?

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Need advice on this ebay situation
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 03:36:08 PM »
Let her know that if she wants to import then she is subject to any taxes and fees imposed by HER COUNTRY. It is not the sellers responsibility. Do not let her make you think that.

If she leaves you negative due to the customs charges, eBay will remove it. So don't worry  :hug:

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 03:38:28 PM »
Ok, thanks!  That makes me feel better!

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 04:41:30 PM »
I second what Ponylady said. ^.^  Though it is a good idea to put a disclaimer to that effect in your ebay listings, as many sellers do. Stating that all items are sold as collectibles for adult use only (saves you from liability if a kid gets hurt on an item you sell), that buyers are responsible for all shipping costs, and buyers are responsible for all custom/duty fees.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 06:18:25 PM »
What everyone else said, unless you used a different shipping method stated or listed the item as worth more than it was (I've had it nearly happen to me a few times) then it's not your responsibility. I know many first time importers are shocked and confused by import taxes as often they're unaware of it until they import an item, so hopefully once you tell them it's their responsibility then they'll not hassle you.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal