collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New to selling on EBay (move if in wrong place)  (Read 230 times)

ponygirl74

• Trade Count: (0)
New to selling on EBay (move if in wrong place)
« on: February 12, 2014, 03:14:49 PM »
It's non pony items , like an laptop that was given to me when mine died- sold it for refurbishing/parts and a graphics tablet that I no longer use  because I upgraded to a newer, better one. They both sold yesterday/early this morning.  I sent the buyers invoices I upgraded my PayPal account  to sellers, so my question is generally who long do I wait for payment or for them to contact me ?  This is my first time selling and I don't want to be too pushy but then I do need t sell the items.  I Pay normally when I get an invoice or @ most the day after. I have positive feedback as a buyer. So to those that sell on EBay what is the protocol?

[moving to TS - kkat]

« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 05:46:05 PM by kaoskat »

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: New to selling on EBay (move if in wrong place)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 05:44:25 PM »
I give most people out three maybe fours days. After that I open a non payment case on them. I do send them a invoice that first day and sometimes that second or third day if nothing yet. I will also send them a message on the third day. If all of that fails then a case is open. Hope that is some help.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: New to selling on EBay (move if in wrong place)
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 05:53:49 PM »
It varies from seller to seller ;) . Personally I give my buyers 5 days to pay (I believe that a lot of people give them 4 days, some give them longer) . I'll usually send them an invoice on day 2 or 3 . If they have not paid by day 5 then i send them a polite message reminding them that I have not yet recieved payment and asking them if they still want the item. If the buyer responds and asks for a day or two more to send me payment then I'll allow them the extra time.  If there is no response or payment etc  then I open a non paying bidder case.
Sometimes a case will get the person to pay up even if they hadnt previously responded. However there are a growing number of non paying bidders on ebay these days... so dont be surprised if you run into a few if you sell regularly.
Thankfully most people will pay within 1 or 2 days though :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal