collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 65195 times)

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #795 on: May 14, 2023, 01:12:27 PM »
Ponybookworm, lovely plushies!  :lovey:

BC, :heart: :hug:

---
I managed to get a card ready for my mother for Mother's Day!  :whew: Early Sunday morning before sunrise, I sneaked out to pick wood anemones. I left the bouquet in a vase on the veranda, next to which I placed a card and a small gift. (We can't have flowers or plants inside because the cats eat them all!) Mom saw them when she woke up in the morning. She really liked them!  :)

In the evening we went to my brother's house (who lives next door) and celebrated mom there with a cake and coffee.  :tort:

:heart: I hope everyone who celebrates mothers had a wonderful Mother's Day! :heart:
:zzz:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: May 14, 2023, 03:15:48 PM »
HOM that sounds lovely!!!
BC you're recovering, so take it easy xxx
Carrehz, glad you made it back home xxx
Cheers everybody on the plushie love xxx

Moved onto a new knitting project, meanwhile my stuffing & paint is here, so once the second project is over it's on to painting & more amigurumi yaiy!!! There's a pattern I bought on Etsy & it wants me to review it, but I need to make it first...
Hopefully I can get that hair in the one who needs no more paint... (it's just her mane)
Found a flapjack recipe to use up my oats. I still have syrup, so been using that. I also have the perfect little tray for making small batches in. It works with 50g of oats to start so that's awesome. (the recipe is literally 2x oats, 1x sugar, 1x butter (softened or melted, I prefer to melt as I mix by hand), & a little syrup, then bake at 180C (I use 170 re air fryer) for 10-15 minutes dependent on batch size -my small tray takes 10, then leave to cool). I wonder if I could replace the syrup with honey when I run out of that...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #797 on: May 14, 2023, 03:37:54 PM »
with the new Zelda releases I think i may look into getting a Nintendo switch. i need to look into it more. Zelda is pretty much the only franchise i'm into.

i need to do some cleaning. we didn't have the flooding rains that the NWS predicted but the yard is muddy and the dogs tracked in mud. so i need to run the vacuum. i also need to make dinner and plan for next week's meals.

also, it's Sunday so i need to get mentally ready for the work week. i also need to call my mom since it's mother's day.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #798 on: May 15, 2023, 12:50:10 PM »
^ I'd also really like a Switch. I'm unimpressed with the Story of Seasons games that have/are being released though but there are enough other new games to make up for it. Plus, I'd like to access the retro games.

Today has been annoying and busy. I need to make a couple more phone calls. I hope the mailman comes to pick up my packages too.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #799 on: May 15, 2023, 07:02:08 PM »
yeah i really like older games. i have the old Wii and i really just played the older games. my 8 year old self never got over my parents refusing to get me an original nintendo.

i don't have a ton of patience for games with a lot of story sequences. the Ocarina of Time had just enough story to be interesting but not so much that it was boring. i just want to play the game. not watch a movie :) i'm also really starting to hate the game apps on my phone. they just want to trick people into paying more money. i would pay an upfront fee instead all of this "pay $1.50" or wait 3 hours nonsense. i'm not paying ever out of spite. and don't even get me started on the ads that don't even let you turn off the volume.

i woke up at 4 am this morning and couldn't really fall back asleep again. i need to try to get better sleep. work is also stressing me out still. i scheduled some time off though. so there's that at least.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 07:06:34 PM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: May 17, 2023, 04:22:30 AM »
Mobile games are literally funded by those in-app purchases of this or that tbh, that's the nature of them...
Beth I hope you get better sleep xxx
BC I hope the postie picks up the packages you're sending too xxx

G3 Spike has paint!!! I just need the tiniest yellow touchups & to finish his eyes...
I got my recycling out on the right day, but the strap which holds my recycle bin shut when it's windy SNAPPED!!! Now I'll need to ask for a new one...
I made it to coffee too, & there was a charity quiz about capital cities. Only got half of them without Google's help. It was raining a bit so Bakana & I wrapped up in coats to keep the wet off. Got messages, & the broccoli!!! And the living room heater is off.
Just slowly working through stuff & hoping Clipper gets the bundle up soon so I can buy one...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #801 on: May 17, 2023, 02:22:43 PM »
I've been sleeping on and off all day. Yesterday really wiped me out. I was thinking of visiting my mom tomorrow but we're supposed to have major storms.

The housework is falling behind. I need to stop making dishes because I don't want to wash them, but my dishwasher doesn't do a good job and everything comes out feeling greasy. So I have to handwash. I need to do laundry, vacuum the living room and bedroom, change the sheets on the bed (I hate doing that), my PC needs the dust cleared out of it, I need to clean the veggie drawer in the fridge... there's so much.

It's been a week since my heart attack and that was how long I was supposed to rest my wrist. It hurts a lot today I think because I picked up too many heavy things yesterday. I need to get to work on these custom ponies. I have three commissions, the birthday swap and then I want to make one for a contest and we've only got a month to get it done. Plus, I want to make some rainbow Pride sheep and other wool items before June. ALSO I'm going to have to make something to sell. I'm thinking my symbol necklaces. My pony sales have slowed way down, so I need to do something.

Ahh, thinking about all this is stressing me out :( I need to breathe. Don't want another heart attack!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: May 18, 2023, 09:40:39 AM »
Chores will slacken off when you're recovering from a heart attack & surgery xxx

I made broccoli cheese soup because I finally had the stuff!!! My visitor dropped by with bananas, so let's see what I can make with them... (I ate one).
G3 spike needs the black eye paint, then a tiny white dot, then he'll be done!!!
Found some needed accessories on eBay, including a juice bar for my ice cream shop yaiy!!! Still waiting for Clipper...
Got to finish the wee knitting project I'm on soon, as June will be hardcore crochet cute things for the box, & I want to do a couple more things for myself first... (aka practise lol)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: May 18, 2023, 04:43:51 PM »
We went to the FascinAsian Film Festival last week.    I am such an introvert, it was a lot of social activity!

My family is now part of the rare 100's of people who have seen Turning Red in a "theatre" - or at least the library's theatre at their Downtown building.  remember it didn't get Theatre release , just went straight to Disney +.  :)

And the other films were very good too, of course.   
Mmm also food at the festival was delicious....I love chef live cooking demos.
 we have really over-celebrated Asian Heritage Month over here.... LOL if that is possible....
  I went out to an insanely authentic Korean restaurant with coworkers, then brought my husband back the next week because it was so good.  13 course meal of YUM! 

Then we had sushi and Asian fusion all you can eat with the child over the weekend for my Mother`s Day, because the in-laws tried to make Mother`s Day a wild moment of NO.  we suggested they come to our reservation - they shrieked and wailed no, we said okay well child can eat at the restaurant with you and you can use our reservation, and we will wait outside and eat later.  then there was a total freakout on their part that they couldn't demand the schedule because Child has extra-curricular activities on the weekend.  they started screaming through the phone so loud that everyone on the train was staring at us, then sent a CAPS LOCK email of rage and hate when we turned off the phone as we went to the library... so we are now ignoring their nonsense and we enjoyed the family meal.

I feel like this is not a slice of life and more of a whole pie.  :-p

As for my own mother, I am so angry with her right now, that I cannot talk about it.  I just get dizzy and need to stop talking about it, it is physically distressing.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 04:46:07 PM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #804 on: May 19, 2023, 03:04:13 AM »
Wow, your in-laws sound, erm, fun. Sorry you had to deal with that!

I'm up at 4am again. I had a weird dream where I was like a borzoi dog but I was albino and had this crazy, toothy grin. I was running in slow motion down a detailed street when another, normal dog came up to me. I tried to eat it :whoa:

Today is more housework, whatever I didn't get to yesterday. I did get all the dishes done finally :accomplished:

I need to get the mail, there are some DVDs I bought in there and I don't want the extreme heat to ruin them. We've been breaking heat records every day. This summer is going to kill me.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: May 20, 2023, 06:36:40 AM »
Most of you have seen that I finished G3 Spike, cheers for the love!!!
I keep trying to see that bundle but it's still "out of stock". Hurry up please I want this!!! I got: Wait until Mid-May, so I waited. Then I got: Wait till Friday, so I waited. It's now Saturday. I've asked again, but I don't have FB so rely on somebody who does...
Otherwise quiet. Got one more bit of the last knitting project to do before the hooks come out again!!!

BC glad you're managing to get some things done at least xxx
Squirmy I don't blame you for not wanting to deal with your in-laws if they're going to act like toddlers!!! And hugs re your other stresses. Aside from that, your weekend sounds fun!!!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #806 on: May 21, 2023, 06:58:43 AM »
I thought I could visit my mom today, but my back hurts too much. I didn't sleep well either and I've been up since 3am.

More chores today instead, and working on ponies. I have some new movies to watch too.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: May 21, 2023, 08:40:57 AM »
the cat vomited all over our internet router and fried it.

my husband had to spend 1.5 days on the phone with the Tel Comms tech support convincing them it was broken despite that they can detect that no connection is being established with the device/s.  It doesn't help that they have to follow a specific set of Q&A which my husband "has no time for  - I worked in IT for 20 years and I know what's wrong -" 

FINALLY I think because the tech support people wanted to stop hearing from him, because he would call every 2 hours for an update... they sent out a guy with a van, to plug in a cable, to verify, yes it's broken.  They couldn't trust a Facetime/What'sapp/ video call LIVE , showing the testing and its results.  They can't fulfill it under warranty if they let "a guy with a business account, who's had an IT company for 20+ years" touch the inside of the box.  he's like, "I used to work for you guys" and they're like, "then you know the procedure" and he's like, "This attitude keeps problems from being solved, i always thought outside the box to fix the problem" and the service guy chuckled nervously and says, "yeah that's why you USED to work for this company isn't it."  LOL  XD  True! 

Anyway we finally got internet service back after being off line for almost 2 days. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: May 21, 2023, 09:16:03 AM »
he's like, "I used to work for you guys" and they're like, "then you know the procedure" and he's like, "This attitude keeps problems from being solved, i always thought outside the box to fix the problem" and the service guy chuckled nervously and says, "yeah that's why you USED to work for this company isn't it."  LOL  XD  True! 

:lol:

Just had a quiet day today so far. Went out to London yesterday - had to get up at the crack of dawn to get there in time for the West End Flea Market (which was AWESOME omg, I hope they do it again next year!!), then didn't get back home until around 3-4 am because there were no late trains back - had to get a coach home. (Never done that before and ughhh I was SO worried we'd miss it, we had no idea where the station was... got there in the end but it was pretty close x_x it was a nice trip home though, once we actually found the coach, I mean :p) Really lovely day out! A package arrived for me while I was out so I'm gonna go and open that in a bit. Just chilling out atm.

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: May 21, 2023, 09:48:12 PM »
Squirmy oh no!!! And lol at your cat, not to mention the "that's why you USED to work for us" line which tells you everything you need to know about how tech people solve problems!!!
Carrehz that flea market sounded great fun!!! And if you get a good coach it can be a relaxing journey xxx

I FINISHED the knitting stuff!!! (only got the thread sewing to do & I'm still putting that off). So I'm now working on a crochet pattern I bought off of Etsy & needs reviewed, but I can't review until I've used it at least once!!!
Got the rubbish out too, as well as most of the latest rubbish. I say most of because Scarlet O'Hara is back, & there's a good bit of rubbish associated with her...
And then final bits of fun stuff arrived!!! Including a proper coffee funnel yaiy!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal