collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Basic Fun is celebrating MLP’s 40th birthday!! Exciting!  (Read 1653 times)

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Basic Fun is celebrating MLP’s 40th birthday!! Exciting!
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2022, 06:06:50 PM »
Birthday Pony would be a nice remake, and as a Megan apologist, I'd like her, too. :)

40th anniversary for the franchise, but it's also the 20th for G3... why not remake all the Celebration ponies? :sly: Could technically be different from the ones released already... like the correct navy-blue colour for the eyes and the floor-length hair!

Care Bears is celebrating its 40th this year, following on Instagram, they've done some collaborations, and they plan to release a Care-a-Lot themed bear. I'd like to see something nice like that for MLP. Hasbro hasn't used their ugly retro moulds in a while, maybe we'll see them come back to those. XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2022, 07:48:02 AM »
Oooh how exciting!!

I wouldn't be surprised if they did bring back the collector ponies somehow. They usually put in an appearance somewhere for anniversaries. Birthday Pony would be a cool one to rerelease too :)

Very curious to see if Hasbro will acknowledge it in any way too, and if anyone'll remember it's G3's 20th. Ahhh, how great would it be if they did some sort of G1/G3 crossover set? Like the G1/G4 Twilight set they did for SDCC a while back... but, you know, in proper G1/G3 molds, not Hasbro's weird "retro" molds :P

(I mean, I actually did like those molds, but they're not exactly G1 lol)

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2022, 11:46:17 AM »
They should release some of the babies as adult ponies! Or add a gimmick to another gimmick like tropical big brothers! :D

For Sale Wants

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2022, 06:09:14 PM »
I'm up for anything Basic Fun has not already made yet, so a nice wide open door of possibilities. Only request would be that they continue to try and find major retail stores for them since the last couple sets I had to resort to Ebay to get them once Target dropped them.

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2022, 10:34:31 PM »
Alternative Birth-Flower ponies would be an awesome idea :D

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2022, 02:01:50 AM »
Alternative Birth-Flower ponies would be an awesome idea :D

I agree, what a gorgeous idea. I'll be buying the  Flower Fantasies though because I've never owned them.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2022, 02:04:36 AM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2022, 12:32:57 PM »
Maybe they will release a set of the CP ponies with glitter. Kinda like how they did with the 40th anniversary SSC doll.

I hope it's not the CP ponies just with glitter.  I couldn't bring myself to purchase the 40th anniversary Strawberry Shortcake doll since it was so much like the one Basic Fun released before just with glitter.

I'd love to see a Dream Castle playset.  More realistically though I hope they make Baby ponies.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline sweetstuff85

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2022, 09:54:11 PM »
This probably means nothing but BF did just “like” my comment responding to their original 40th anniversary message.

I stated that I was excited and I was hoping and crossing my fingers that they make Mimic… I guess we shall we what they actually do. 🥳

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2022, 12:48:09 AM »
I am also not really wanting more collector ponies. They may be the original 6 but they have next to no presence here in the UK, aside Blossom and Cotton Candy who were rereleased.

I'd like them to release ponies we haven't seen yet. But I think it would be nice to see ones from sets we haven't seen yet. Even like a collection of ponies from different years.

...We don't need scented ponies though. I think they already did that with the rainbows for some unknown reason.

I'd like to see a proper Majesty mind you. That would be a nice touch. I'd still like a collector set of playset ponies, with Majesty, Sprinkles, Lemon Drop at the very least (all poses they have).
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2022, 02:56:12 AM »
Wishful thinking, but still hoping for something combined with G2 (it's their 25th birthday) and G3.
But more realistically maybe an unreleased G1 set or something?

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2022, 03:23:49 AM »
Maybe they will release a set of the CP ponies with glitter. Kinda like how they did with the 40th anniversary SSC doll.

I hope it's not the CP ponies just with glitter.  I couldn't bring myself to purchase the 40th anniversary Strawberry Shortcake doll since it was so much like the one Basic Fun released before just with glitter.

I'd love to see a Dream Castle playset.  More realistically though I hope they make Baby ponies.

Ponyfan

Oh gosh, glittered CP ponies! I mean ... I'll be fine with whatever we get ... :yikes: But please, something more than that!!!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2022, 07:07:01 AM »
I'm ok with yet another release of Blue Belle... bring it! Love the retro packaging.

Heck, release the actual Birthday pony again, that would be fun and appropriate too - easy enough pose to reproduce.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2022, 07:28:02 AM »
...We don't need scented ponies though. I think they already did that with the rainbows for some unknown reason.

Yeah, for some reason the first batch of rainbows were scented, I dunno why (maybe they had a lot of it left over from their SSC releases or something). It discoloured 'em too, they ended up re-releasing them without scents.

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2022, 09:24:17 AM »
I hope they release the tales ponies, mail order ponies over all generations, maybe something about generation 2, I'm so excited. and I love the idea of grown-up baby ponies.
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2022, 12:17:24 PM »
I hope they release the tales ponies, mail order ponies over all generations, maybe something about generation 2, I'm so excited. and I love the idea of grown-up baby ponies.

If they did the tales ponies it would be a major break away from their path so far, which has only been to release ponies sold in the US. I don't mind if they do, I think they'd be a nice set to release, given they had media presence in the US and thus nostalgia. But I think it's unlikely.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal