collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is eBay safe for sellers?  (Read 1579 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Is eBay safe for sellers?
« on: May 02, 2022, 01:13:37 AM »
I've heard so many horror stories over the years so I've done my best to avoid eBay as a seller. Unfortunately, I have some high value non pony items (special edition books) that aren't selling on FB and I really need the money for baby stuff before my daughter is born.

Is it safe to use eBay or is the possibility for scams/forced returns/etc just too high? Some of these books are $100-300+ a piece and I'm terrified of a scam or a forced return that has the book coming back in bad condition. Even unintentionally, its so easy for books to get damaged in the mail.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: Is eBay safe for sellers?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2022, 05:45:22 AM »
i sold on ebay last year and it was mostly fine. what i don't like is that the process is a lot more automated. there is less opportunity to resolve issues with the customers. i would recommend sticking to domestic shipping. the international shipping is hard to keep track of. i didn't have anyone scam me though. sold about 100 items i think. some of them were high dollar nirvanas.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 08:41:19 AM »
I found that as long as I sold ponies it was fine, but when I started selling off second hand designer clothes that I'd collected over the years, I quickly met with false negatives and stress, I think it was other sellers competing with me. So then I got some negs that I worried might affect my other sales, so I stopped selling for the past three years. So maybe it depends on the sector. I would have to read into the exact rules at the present time because they change all the time. You can get through to a person on Ebay but you have to use the chat in my experience. I've had good luck with it but as I say i don't have recent experience as a seller.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2022, 12:15:36 AM »
i sold on ebay last year and it was mostly fine. what i don't like is that the process is a lot more automated. there is less opportunity to resolve issues with the customers. i would recommend sticking to domestic shipping. the international shipping is hard to keep track of. i didn't have anyone scam me though. sold about 100 items i think. some of them were high dollar nirvanas.

I only do international shipping in very rare circumstances and not at all right now with the lingering issues to the supply chains. Its just not worth the stress.

I found that as long as I sold ponies it was fine, but when I started selling off second hand designer clothes that I'd collected over the years, I quickly met with false negatives and stress, I think it was other sellers competing with me. So then I got some negs that I worried might affect my other sales, so I stopped selling for the past three years. So maybe it depends on the sector. I would have to read into the exact rules at the present time because they change all the time. You can get through to a person on Ebay but you have to use the chat in my experience. I've had good luck with it but as I say i don't have recent experience as a seller.

Oh yeah, I could definitely see competition getting ridiculous like that. The market for these types of books is generally pretty chill so I'm not too worried about competition/retaliation, at least not for the editions I have. But its definitely possible. Last I heard eBay didn't care at all about their sellers or this kind of behavior.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal